Chapter 7 - One step closer - One step further

The heiress's love
  • Oppa, you won’t believe what happened to me. – Ji Hyo screams excitedly right after seeing Jong Kook in his office.
  • What happens? You seem really happy. – Jong Kook asks
  • How can I am not oppa? Guess who is my neighbor?
  • Who? – Jong Kook’s curious
  • Ji-hoon oppa – Ji Hyo yells happily
  • Really? Ju Ji-hoon? – Jong Kook eyes wide open after hearing that. – That is crazy coincidence.
  • I know, Ji-hoon oppa said it must be faith, don’t you think so oppa? I’m so happy, I can’t believe thing happen so smoothly to me. Living next door to him. What luck is it? – Ji Hyo still continues excitedly
  • I’m glad thing go well for you Ji Hyo ah – Jong Kook tries to hide his sad voice.
  • Oppa, can you do me a favor?
  • Always, what you need?
  • Can you go grocery shopping with me later? I promised to cook dinner for Ji-hoon oppa to thanks him for helping me move in yesterday.
  • You? Cook? Really? I think you better order take out. – Jong Kook teases Ji Hyo
  • I know, but I promised him. It won’t be that hard right? I can search the recipe online.
  • Not hard to other people, but not to you. You never cook in your life, remember that?
  • Aigoo, I will be fine, just helping me with grocery shopping ok oppa?
  • Sure – Jong Kook says with a heavy heart. She lived with him for 3 months, but in those 3 months she never even steped in the kitchen to make a simple breakfast for him and now she is willing to cook dinner for another guy and wants him to help her. He doesn’t even know how to react an more.
  • Ok, so I will see you after my schedule ok oppa? – Ji Hyo says while running to her manager.
  • Ironic, isn’t it? The girl you love asks you to help cooking for the man she loves. – A female comes out of Jong Kook’s back office after Ji Hyo left.
  • Am I pathetic Eun Hye ah? – Jong Kook asks Yoon Eun Hye who has been waiting for him in the back office to finish his conversation with Ji Hyo
  • No, you are just a great man oppa. But are you sure you can handle it? Helping your girl to be with another man? – Eun Hye asks while looking sadly at Jong Kook
  • I don’t really have a choice Eun Hye ah, her happiness is mine too.
  • Don’t you think it is time for you to find your happiness too oppa? – Eun Hye asks with a gentle voice.
  • May be I should. My heart just ache so much Eun Hye ah. – Jong Kook says with the tears about to fall out of his small eyes.
  • I’m always here for you oppa – Eun Hye says while hugging Jong Kook from the back – just like how you are always looking at her, I am always just looking at you oppa. If you can just take a moment and stop looking at her, you will realize that I has been always by your side oppa. – Eun Hye says softly with her head lean on Jong Kook shoulders.
  • I need time Eun Hye – Jong Kook says while pulling Eun Hye’s hands away from his waist.
  • Take all the time you need oppa. I will be here when you are ready. – Eun Hye says while smiling gently at Jong Kook.
  • Thank you Eun Hye ah. – Jong Kook says softly.

Jong Kook and Eun Hye have been close friends since his X-man day. They were popular with their loveline on the show. Fan worship them and keep hoping they will become an item someday. Eun Hye always has a special feeling for Jong Kook but to him she is just a close friend since his heart always just has only one place for Ji Hyo. Jong Kook told Eun Hye everything about Ji Hyo and his feeling toward her. Just like how hurtful Jong Kook feels when Ji Hyo told him about her love for another man, Eun Hye feels just that much pain when Jong Kook talked to her about Ji Hyo. There were time that Eun Hye decided to forget about Jong Kook but her heart just keeps pulling her toward him. Two people with their struggling hearts, will they be able to ease their pain???

After going grocery shopping with Jong Kook, Ji Hyo excitedly repairs for her romantic dinner with Ji-hoon. She decorates the dining table with roses and candles. She chooses the best silverware to put on the table. Everything looks perfect and romantic until she gets into the kitchen. She is so confused with all kind ingredients and even though she read the recipe a thousand times, she still doesn’t know what to do first. She boils the water to cook the pasta but the water is overflowed out of the pot while she tries to cut the vegetable. She is so freak out that don’t even know what to do with the boiled water. Right at that time, her doorbell rings. “Oh my God, it must be him” she is even more nervous when she knows that Ji-hoon already comes. She opens the door but can’t hide her embarrassment.

  • Come in please, Im sorry but dinner is not ready yet … - she says in fluster.
  • It’s ok. I can wait. Ji-hoon steps inside but can’t hold his laughter when he looks at the kitchen – wow; it looks like a robber just broke in your kitchen.
  • I’m sorry, it is my first time cooking so … - Ji Hyo says with embarrassment in her tone.
  • Don’t worry! Let me help you.
  • An-noy. I can’t let you do that. You already helped me a lot yesterday.
  • It’s ok, for real. I enjoy cooking. – Ji-hoon smiles gently at Ji Hyo while walking straight to the kitchen. He starts cooking like an experience chief cook. The way he turns the pan or puts the pasta in the pot just so dreamy and manly. Ji Hyo feels like she is watching a celebrity cooking show on TV. Her heart just keeps dancing wrong beat whenever Ji-hoon smiles while glancing at her. “How can a man be this handsome even when he’s cooking”, Ji Hyo can’t stop smiling with her thought.
  • It is so delicious. You are such a good cook oppa – Ji Hyo praises Ji-hoon after talking her first bite.
  • Really? I’m glad you like it. – Ji-hoon answers with a sweet smile
  • When did you learn to cook oppa?
  • I have been living by myself since I was young so I have to learn how to cook.
  • Oh you don’t live with your family?
  • I am an orphan since I was 10 so I don’t have anyone with live with – Ji-hoon answers with a sad voice
  • Im sorry to hear that oppa – Ji Hyo says with a pitiful look.
  • Don’t be, I got used to it. At least now I have millions of fan that love me. Even though it is pretty lonely to live by myself sometime.
  • Don’t you have a girlfriend oppa? – Ji Hyo uses all her courage to ask the question and hoping for a “no” answer.
  • No, I am too busy with work; there is no time for dating.
  • Really? – Ji Hyo can’t hide her happiness after hearing his answer.
  • Yes. Oh, I saw you in a drama last week. I didn’t know that you are an actress too.
  • Oh you saw my drama? It’s so embarrassed. I am pretty bad as an actress, am I? I just join the showbiz few months ago. – Hi Hyo honestly says
  • No, not at all. I really enjoy watching your drama. I think you are really good and natural.
  • Really oppa?
  • Of course, I never give empty compliment.
  • Thank you oppa – Ji Hyo smiles happily.
  • Are you having any project going on JI Hyo ssi?
  • Yes. I am joining running man as main cast now. Have you ever watched that show?
  • Oh I have heard about that but since I have been too busy with my schedule so I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.
  • It’s really funny show oppa. I have fun a lot in it but it’s really tiring since I have to run all the time.
  • When will be your next filming for that show?
  • Tomorrow oppa.
  • I bet you will have fun at the set tomorrow.
  • Yeah, I have fun every day there oppa. Everybody is really nice to me even though they always ignore me whenever young pretty idols come to the show, even my so called Monday boyfriend - Kang Gary too.
  • You have a boyfriend?
  • No, he is just boy onscreen boyfriend on the show. He is one of my close childhood oppa so we are pretty nature on screen but there is nothing between us.
  • It’s a release to hear that.
  • What do you mean by that oppa? – Ji Hyo is surprised by Ji-hoon’s comment.
  • I will be so sad if you have a boyfriend. – Ji-hoon calmly answers
  • Why oppa? – Ji Hyo answers shyly.
  • Because I want to get closer to you Ji Hyo ah.

“He just called me Ji Hyo –ah, Oh My God, it’s so sweet, my heart is about to jump out my chest. Did he just confess to me? Oh no, I must be in a dream. It is not happening” Ji Hyo goes crazy with those thought in her head.

  • Ji Hyo ah. – Jo-hoon calls her solfly with his hand already hold her tiny hand.
  • N-ne – Ji Hyo answers shyly while her face is turning red like a tomato.
  • Since the day I met you at New York. I have never able to get your image out of my mind. I hate myself for not having enough courage to ask for your contact information that day. It is a blessing that I am able to see you again. If you don’t mind, can I get to know you better?

Ji Hyo can’t even say a word. She is just too joyful with his confession. The man that she has loved one-sided shares the same feeling like her. She is just too happy to say anything.

  • Ji Hyo ah, are you ok? Did I say anything wrong? Am I too vulgar in confessing my feeling so fast to you? I should have waited a little more. But I just afraid that I will lose you again. I’m sorry Ji Hyo ah
  •  No oppa – Ji Hyo flusters – it’s not a problem at all. I am just too happy to hear your confession. I have been liking you for so long and I just too surprised and happy to know that you have the same feeling like me. I just didn’t think that a hallyu star like you can like someone ordinary like me.
  • What you mean that you are ordinary. You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever met – Ji-hoon says while looking deeply in Ji Hyo’s eyes- will you give me a chance to come close to you Jihyo.

Ji Hyo smiles and nods her head shyly. After Ji-hoon leave, Ji Hyo can’t stop smiling to herself. She drowns to sleep with happiness.

Meanwhile Ji-hoon sent out a SMS  from his phone: “The fish took the bait, step 2 is completed”