Chapter 23 - The other girl

The heiress's love

It has been almost a year since Ji Hyo and Dong Wook live in London. Ji Hyo has been helping Dong Wook managing the hotel. They live their life as a normal couple. They wake up together every day in the morning. Dong Wook always make breakfast because Ji Hyo is not really best at cooking. She burned her hand once while trying to make fried egg and from that on Dong Wook prohibited her from going to the kitchen. In the whole year living together, Dong Wook never fails to bring breakfast to the bed for Song Ji Hyo since she told him how touched she was the first time he did it to her in Jejudo. There is always a red rose on the breakfast table just like that time in Jejudo.

When they first came to London, they lived at the penthouse of Dong Wook’s hotel. It was a luxury room with a great view of the famous Tower Bridge but Ji Hyo felt suffocated to live and work in the same building all they long. Their day was mostly consisting of moving up and down the elevator so they decided to move to a house in Holland Park. It is the area that is descried as a romantic London filmset with Stucco fronted buildings, mansion blacks, and wide open green park.  Their neighborhood is surrounding by chic cafes and high-end boutiques. The café culture of the day transforms smoothly into the vibrant evening environment of bar and pubs. Before going to work, they always take a morning run around the park close to their house and stop at their regular café to get morning coffee before returning back home. On the weekends, they sometime enjoy couple glasses of wine in the chic pub and dance freely with the locals.

(Holland Park - where Ji Hyo and Dong Wook live)

 

It is a little far to travel to work every day but they can enjoy the green view and peaceful neighborhood. They drive to work together at 7 A.M and come homes at 5 P.M. They sometime have dinner outside but Dong Wook enjoys cooking at home. They decided not using maid since they want to experience a new lifestyle as normal couple. Ji Hyo loves when Dong Wook cooks. The food is always delicious but most importantly, Dong Wook just look exceptionally attractive while cooking. Ji Hyo loves to randomly back hug Dong Wook while he’s cooking and it always make him happy. Ji Hyo also enjoys doing normal housework like cleaning the house or ironing Dong Wook’s clothes. She feels happy to personally take care of her man. Those activities may be normal or even boring to others, but to them it is precious. Dong Wook has been celebrity since he turned 18 and Ji Hyo is always being overly protected by her father so experiencing a life of commoner couple; freely do whatever they like without worrying about fan and reporters is really priceless to them. Work is tough for them sometimes since the business just opened. There are still a lot of difficulties but together, they make it works. They have been living happily and peacefully until that girl appears.

  • Oppaaaaaaaaaaa! – a high pitch voice suddenly interferes Dong Wook and Ji Hyo lunch in the hotel restaurant. A young Korean girl suddenly jumps to Dong Wook and hugs him tightly under the shocking eyes of Ji Hyo.   
  • Kim Min Hee? What are you doing here? – Dong Wook asks in surprise
  • I’m here to see you oppa – Min Hee says with her arms still tightly grab around Dong Wook waist.

Dong Wook can see the uncomfortable stare of Ji Hyo so he quickly pushes Min Hee away.

  • This is Min Hee, a dongseang of me – Dong Wook turns to Ji Hyo and says
  • Annyeonghaseyo – Ji Hyo greets why offers a hand shake to Min Hee
  •  This is Cheon Choeing-im, my fiancé, you may better know her as the famous actress Song Ji Hyo – Dong Wook turns to Min Hee and says
  • What actress? I never heard of her – Min Hee says and ignores Ji Hyo’s handshake while grabbing Dong Wook arms
  • Where are your manner Min Hee? She is your future sister in-law. You have to be polite to her – Dong Wook firmly says
  • What sister in law oppa. I won’t let you marry anyone but me – Min Hee statements put Ji Hyo in shock but Dong Wook just laugh it off and says
  • Stop kidding. But seriously though, what are you doing here? – Dong Wook stresses his question a gain
  • Appa sent me here to manage a project and he says I should stay in your hotel.
  • Oh really? That’s good. How long do you plan to stay here for? – Dong Wook asks
  • A week, may be more. I don’t know. Work is just a side reason oppa. I mainly come here to see you. I miss you so much oppa. Let’s hang out together often here oppa. – Min Hee keeps put on a sweet voice with Dong Wook
  • I can’t promise. I work is pretty busy here but I will try to arrange my time. You can hang out with Ji Hyo. She has more free time than I do.
  • I don’t want to hang out with her. I just want to hang out with you oppa. – Min Hee makes kittenish face with Dong Wook.

She starts getting Ji Hyo’s nerve. Her word and action is so arrogant that make Ji Hyo wants to pull her out of the room and teach her a manner lesion.

  • You have to be nice with her. I won’t be able to hang out with you if she doesn’t let me – Dong Wook says while winking at Ji Hyo.
  • You always put me as priority before oppa but now you only know her. I hate you – Min Hee says with a sulky voice and walks away angrily
  • Wow she seems really mad but I think you two are overly friendly yeobo. – Ji Hyo says with a sharp glance in her eye after Min Hee left.
  • Aigoo, is my fiancé jealous? Don’t be silly! She is just a close childhood dongseang. Her father is an important business partner of our family and she is a very close friend with my sister. She always hanged around me when she was young plus she studied in America for a while and American is always overly friendly. That’s why she is acting like tahat with me but there is nothing for you to worry about yeobo.
  • How can I am not worry. She just said that she wanted to marry you. – Ji Hyo starts losing her patient.
  •  It’s just a word of a kid. Why you overthink it for. Even someone put a bullet in my head, I will just marry you and only you yeobo. Who can compare with my pretty and kind heart princess? – Dong Wook sweetly says.
  • You always know the right thing to say but you better not let me catching you two overly friendly or I will make you sleep on the couch ok?
  • Omo, my princess is so scary. I know, I know. Don’t be mad, I will keep distance ok? – Dong Wook smiley says.

Kim Min Hee’s work is supposed to be done in 1 week but for some reason she has been staying for over 1 month. She starts irritating Ji Hyo when she keeps hanging around Dong Wook instead of taking care of her business. Even in front of Ji Hyo, Min Hee is always overly touching Dong Wook. She doesn’t mind to holding on Dong Wook’s arm when Ji Hyo in front of her. Dong Wook doesn’t seem to mind it neither, when Ji Hyo brings that matter up, Dong Wook always says that they has been closed since they were kids that’s why she is overly friendly but their relationship is strictly oppa-dongseang. She starts joining Ji Hyo and Dong Wook morning run uninvited. She purposely runs next to Dong Wook and pushes Ji Hyo away. Whenever Dong Wook purposely waits down for Ji Hyo, she gets mad and leaves. In front of Ji Hyo, Min Hee always purposely talks to Dong Wook about their childhood memory and how close they were. At time like that, Dong Wook and Min Hee always laugh happily as remembering their fun childhood but it irritates Ji Hyo a lot seeing her fiancé being close with another pretty girl. She always has thing to complain about the hotel even though she is in VIP suit and she doesn’t accept anyone to resolve her problem exceptt Dong Wook. She always tries to find excuses to get Dong Wook away from Ji Hyo. Anger and jealousy is start taking over Ji Hyo’s patient and thing is  just about to get worse …