39: (Final) Past, now and future

A Beautiful Mistake

They were sitting next to each other on the same bench. Just like what they used to do. But this time, it was different. They are not holding hands or something like that. They were just simply sit next to each other.

"Oppa, how have you been?" Jihyo asked him.

"Good. You?" he asked back.

"Me too." she smiled. They stayed silent until Jihyo speaks again.

"Oppa, do you know? All these time, I regretted two moments in my life. One, is the night when we separated. Second, is when I about to leave Korea. All these years I keep thinking. Why I didn't turn back that time. Why I didn't told him that I was leaving. These were the two moments I regretted the most."

"Jihyo yah.." he tried to cut in but she shook her head. She was asking him to allow her to finish her sentences first. So he stayed silent.

"I was crying the whole time. Other than that, I keep drinking. As I used alcohol as my medication to relieved the pain. The matter even went worse with me, being diagnosed having extreme depression. Quarantined in a high security room with the window having metal bars to avoid me for suicding or something. For months. It was hell for me you know. But then, after two years, I slowly open up my mind. As I keep experiencing and saw new things in my life. I finally understand something. We were fated to meet each other, to love each other, but we were never meant to be with each other. There sometimes, I wondered about what will happened if I turn back that night. What will happen if I told you that day that I was leaving. Eventually, I still have that kind of thoughts seldomly. But I also learn something about it. No matter what I thought and what I regretted, it was a past. A past where I used to have the chance but I miss it. So now, I only can regret it. But still, I accepted that past of me. And I finally moved on about having a love that I can't own. About you just a sweet memory who only meant to cross path with me. Not the one finishing my life's path beside me." she finally looked at him. He was silent. So when he saw she done with her thoughts, he start to speak about his.

"I was the same with you. These two years, it was a hell for me too. Since I can't move on. I felt guilty for end things like that on that night. At the same time, I also live with two regrets. One, is the night we separated. Second, is the day you left Korea knowing you were behind me." she was shocked. She never know that Jaesuk saw her that day.

"I saw you. That time, you were walking away. It was the second time I saw your back leaving and getting far. It hurts me so much. And it pains me the greatest when I know you left the country after that day yet I didn't do anything. If there anything I ever regret, it was why I didn't hug you that night and why I didn't stop you that day especially after I know you left Korea that day. For the whole two years, I busied myself with various of things, trying so hard to forget you. But seldomly, I cried at night. Blaming myself for not holding you back. Along these time too, she (his wife) stayed with me. Despise my hate for her for seperated us. My marriage with her was a result of an arranged marriage. This whole time she was staying at US because she wished to be with her first love. I allowed her since I understand, our marriage was unfair for her. But then, I discovered the truth that her first love had died long time ago. They managed to be with each other for months but then he pass away. That was the time I realized my wife have love me all this time as I was too blinded to realize that. We talked to each other about that and lastly, we decided to give each other a chance and try to love each other. And it works." he stopped for a while and look at her. She was smilling. So he continued.

"And when I learn to love her, I learn to cherish her, I realized something. Just like what you realized too. We were only meant to meet and love each other but never to be with each other. It was our destiny from the start. So slowly, I accepted that destiny and moved on." he smile.

Looking at each other meaningfully. Knowing that both of them are finally happy in their life without each other. She breathes gladly and said.

"So, this is it right?" she looked at him.

"Yes this is it. Our story." he looked at her. They are smilling. They are happy now even when they don't stay together in the end. It was a beautiful past of them. And when they looked back, although they loved each other in the past, this is their destiny from the beginning. But still, they are grateful being given the chance to love each other and to be together in the past. As they never regret every moment of their story. They might regret about losing the chances in the past. But now or even in the future, they accepted it. Their love was never wrong, as their mistake was they fell for the wrong person. But eventually, this mistake will remained as a past. As a beautiful past. As a beautiful love story.

As this is a beautiful mistake that they ever made.

 

-THE END-

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Firstly, I would like to thank all the people who have read this fanfics of mine. As this is the first story I ever completed so it is a good experience for me. There was times I was thinking to stop, but you guys really have encourage me to complete it. So, this is it. Thanks for read, subscribe and even voted for my story. And if I ever make a story again, I hope you guys will keep supporting my story. Thank you!

- verkefni