36: Persuasion

A Beautiful Mistake

"As I can see, you are a pretty smart woman. And you definitely know the reason why I asked to meet you. Right?"

"I don't really get it what you trying to say, Ms.Na." Jihyo deny what that woman tried to say.

"This is not suprising since I expected it. Since you want to protect him aren't you? For that, we have the same motive." Ms.Na replied. Jihyo still maintain her face. She was being ignorant. As she don't want to admit it.

"Okay then. If you don't want to admit then at least hear what I want to say." she said again. Looking at Jihyo expression. And she found nothing. Then she continued.

"In a typical household, when a wife found her husband was having an affair, this first she will do is to get angry and having a cat fight with the woman whom her husband having affair with. And then, tells her close friend, relatives about the affair. And yes, I did angry. But instead having some cat fight or throwing negative words toward each other, I choose to do it in nice way. That's why I'm here." she took a sip of her coffee and continue again.

"As I can see, you choose to deny everything I said because you want to protect him. And I was trying to break you two of to protect him as well." This sentence makes Jihyo wondered. What did Ms.Na trying to say?

"Your main point is?" Jihyo finally asked her. This actually means she admit to the relationship. She was confused on this woman intention.

"Leave him if you want to protect him. This affair eventually will be spit out. And what do you thinking to do then? To face it together? That's sweet. But have you really though about it? Saying it would be easier to make it. I don't know about you but for Jaesuk, his career is his son. I saw and I went through with him together. I saw his tears, sweats that he had poured out just to reach the now he. That's why I don't want to ruin him. I choose not to tell him that I know about you two because I want to protect him. I choose not to speak to the media because I want to save him. Although I was mad I swallowed it with my pride, sitting in front of you and try to deal it with you. But you? Tell me. What will you willing to do for him? Leave your career together with him? Do you really think that's enough? For him, you may be enough. Still, will you really willing to see him ruin just because of your foolishness?" she asked Jihyo. Her words was like a hammer knock her up. She have to admit, his wife is right. Being with him and stay hidden might worked, but it won't last. Only let him go could save his everything. Although Jaesuk have said before that he willing to lose everything he have just to be with her, but he will still live in dark without his career.

Jihyo stayed silent. But then remembered about those moments where they was apart. Where both of were so painful since they can't be together. And with that, she knows exactly what to say.

"You are right. I'm selfish. But not because I'm willing to ruin him just to be with him. Because I love him. I may not saw or went through what he went through to get to the now he. But one things that I realize now is, I loves him equally to he loves me." For everything I did from the beginning till now, I was protecting him. Not physically but mentally. I don't saw what you saw and the same time you don't saw what I saw. I saw how he breaks down, I saw how low he willing to go just to be with me, I saw how far he do just to stay with me and most important is, I'm not only saw, went through but I also shared it with him. I'm sorry for saying this shamelessly. I know you're the rightful one while I don't. But still, if you really want to protect him, if you really want to separate us, then makes him be the one who said to separate with me. Because, I only know how to follow his command. Just make him say the 'stop' word and I immediately step down. With no regret."