Chapter Twenty Eight

He's On A Mission (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT; IS THIS HOW THINGS HAVE TO BE FIXED?

Sumin was tired. She couldn't explain it. She wasn't sure if it were mental or physical exhaustion that she was experiencing or if there was just a massive weight on her shoulders.

Wait.

There was a reason for this, and she knew what it was.

She was the reason for the death of four more vampires. She had overhead it last night, how Ricky told Changjo that he was relieved that those vampires were dead and gone, no longer around to give them hassles.

"It means we're all safe now" Changjo had said in agreement to Ricky. Sumin felt sick, she wanted to cry or vomit, just anything that would take this sickening feeling away.

Can't they talk about this somewhere else? For all they knew, Sumin was asleep behind the closed door, they didn't realise she was still lying awake with her thoughts went they had started speaking.

Is this what life is now? Killing to ensure we'll be safe?

Even with Niel asleep beside her, Sumin couldn't find her own dreamland filled with peace and happiness like Niel's snores suggested he was experiencing, and that's what made her feel even worse. None of them felt bad for the lives they had taken. Sumin couldn't handle being contained under the thick covers anymore, so she pushed them away from her and made sure to not make a sound when she moved to stand out on the balcony.

How many people are going to die just so I can be safe? How many people will go against these demons to only find their death?

Sumin preferred the cold air that came with being outside so late at night, she felt like she had been overheating inside. She probably should have been shaking with how sharp the cold was as it pinched her skin, but it was relieving her too much for her to want to even shiver let alone retreat from it. The stars were bright, sprinkled across the sky like fairy lights that offered the thought of not being entirely alone and Sumin couldn't find herself taking her eyes off of them.

If you guys were here, what would life be like now?

Sumin daydreamed, so lost in her thoughts of her memories, wondering if things would still be like those memories she had if they were still here with her.

Niel awoke to the cold air coming in and tickling his skin. His nose scrunched up and he moved around, trying to curl into Sumin to find more warmth, but as he reaches out, all he could reach was more empty sheets. Niel sat up in the bed, lost as to where the girl would be until he found the source of the cold and saw the shadow of a familiar figure and he had to go and check on her. Sumin didn't notice when Niel made his way out the window and moved to stand next to her, she jolted and let out a gasp, looking up at Niel with wide eyes as he pulled her from her thoughts.

"I almost swore" Sumin admitted in a quiet voice and Niel's shoulders shook when he chuckled at her.

"I would have found it attractive" Niel admitted and Sumin frowned, turning so she could slap her hand against Niel's chest.

"You've just been woken up, where does all this cheesiness oozing out of you come from?" Sumin asked and Niel only leant forward, letting his nose brush against Sumin's and smiling when he heard and felt the girl's breath hitch, caught in as she awaited his next move.

"Baby, I could have gone ten weeks with no sleep and fought a war for you, I could have been on my last breath and still done the same thing" He whispered and Sumin shuddered, he felt the movement of her body as his words hit her and his heart clenched in awe just as hers seemingly stopped beating.

"And to think I thought you were a big scary and dangerous demon"

"Maybe I want others to see me like that, but not you" Niel confessed and Sumin's eyes fluttered as she looked up into his eyes and she felt as if her stomach had dropped.

"Whatever it is that's troubling you Sumin, don't spend too much time worrying about, everything can only get better from here" Niel was talking against her lips now, just milliseconds away from kissing her and Sumin was practically shaking in his arms, anticipating it despite the churn in her stomach. Niel struggled to hold himself back long enough to give her a proper reassurance, the way her eyes flittered closed didn't help and he let out a breath before closing the final gap between them.

It wasn't like real fireworks, but Sumin couldn't explain the feeling this sort of contact gave her. Fireworks were the closest thing to it, you felt bliss, excitement and joy when you watched fireworks, but when Niel kissed her, those feelings were beyond those that fireworks brought.

Sometimes she wondered how she ever put up a fight against this man.

------------

Anxiety, Sumin didn't know that losing a single item could give you so much anxiety, it had almost been a week since she had lost the item that was more important than knowing her phone was in her pocket. She didn't even know how the necklace had been detached from her neck to even go missing, the chain couldn't have broken, it just couldn't have, and it wasn't long enough to just slip over her head. She had no idea how it had left her sights.

"She still looks like she wants to die" Ricky muttered as he bit into his toast and Chunji snorted.

"Oh yes, because if Sumin overheard you saying that, she would be so reassured by your support" Chunji rolled his eyes.

"She lost some angel blood, it's not like we can't find another one and take its blood for her. What's the big deal? She's living with six demons and is bound to go downstairs at some point for a visit, I don't see how that small bit of purity is noticeable"

"You know how much those angels meant to her, as disgusting as the things are, they were still something important to her, have some sympathy" Chunji didn't hesitate to lean over the table and deliver a slap to Ricky's head, the younger demon let out a choking sound, coughing when his toast got caught in his mouth and Chunji made no move to help him.

"Serves you right for talking with your mouth full and not thinking before you speak" Chunji chortled and Ricky glared at him, struggling through his coughing fit to pour himself a glass of apple juice.

"I freaking hate you"

"Yeah, try living independently and then see if you can say the same thing" Chunji didn't bat an eye as he made his refute and Ricky could only roll his eyes at the older male.

"Whatever" He grumbled, not having another comeback.

"Still nowhere to be found?" Niel asked, coming into the lounge room after throwing his bag at the front door.

"It's been a week Niel, where the hell could it have gone?" Sumin tugged at her hair and Niel immediately took her hands away from the strands, saving her from any serious pain before he used his fingers to brush the hair back into place.

"We'll keep looking for it Sumin, I'm sure it's bound to turn up somewhere" Niel reassured, giving Sumin a smile when she looked at him with sad, tired eyes, her lips forming into a pout that told Niel she just wanted to stay in bed and sleep her sorrows away.

"It'll be ok. The more you stress over it, the harder it will be to think about finding it properly. Let's just sit down, have some breakfast and after school we can put the couches on their heads and give them a shake and see if anything falls out, ok?" Niel ended his question in a hum, using his hand to cup Sumin's cheek, making sure she was looking into his eyes that were doing their best to look convincing at that moment.

"Ok" Sumin sighed, nodding in a tired defeat, letting herself pull away from Niel's arms so that she could drag her feet into the kitchen. Her socks slid against the tiled floor of the kitchen and the chair she pulled out scraped against those tiles before she sat down and Niel came and pushed her chair in for her.

"Someone's had a rough morning" Changjo commented as he came to sit in his seat, barely acknowledging the way Sumin let her head drop to the table.

"Woah there cupcake, we’re not here to smack our heads against wood" Chunji's hand shot out, stopping Sumin from really smacking her head on the table and the girl sighed, not lifting her head and trapping Chunji's hands between the table and her heated forehead.

"I can't find that ing necklace anywhere"

"Language" Chunji scolded with a tone of empathy.

"Aw you're charming" Ricky cooed from beside her and Niel smiled, agreeing despite Ricky's sarcasm. Minsu made his way into the kitchen and not long later, L.Joe followed and everyone ate breakfast amongst loud bickering and several food chokes. Sumin remained sullen, just like she had for the past week, and though everyone at the table noticed, they didn't know of any way to change the state Sumin was in.

"You have got to be kidding me"

"For the last damn time! Put your shoes on before I send you to the neighbours for a beating!"

"As if they could take me on!"

"Where's my bag?" Minsu asked tiredly, walking through the bickering pair and looking around lazily. Chunji gave CAP a shove, forcing him out of the way so he could glare at Changjo.

"What are you? A two year old? Put your freaking shoes on Jonghyun!"

"Why is it so cold outside?" Ricky hopped from one foot to the other, his hands in his pockets and his shoulders pulled up to his ears as he tried to fight the biting air around him. He gravitated towards Byunghun, who was leaning against their van, waiting for the others to come outside so that they could all go to school together.

"My poor baby is going to freeze" Sumin looked at Niel, but he was looking at the door to their garage, where his motorbike along with others, was safely tucked away from the wrath of the weather outside.

"Get off me!" L.Joe protested as Sumin rolled her eyes and Niel and Sumin l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter