Chapter Twelve

He's On A Mission (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWELVE; I CAN'T STAND YOU.

"How do we know where to start?" Sumin sniffled and Niel looked around at the large graveyard.

"I suppose we look for any new ones?" He guessed and she nodded following him as Niel turned to walk off. It was quiet besides Sumin sniffling into her sleeve, praying that none of her friends would have a headstone standing somewhere among the other lifeless bodies here.

"How about- What are you doing?" Sumin stopped, turning back to look at Niel who stood watching her walk across the small road made for the cars delivering the coffins to the cemetery.

"I can't go over there. There're two sides to a cemetery, hell, and heaven. You’re in heaven now, I can't go there because I am a demon, I belong to hell's side" Niel answered and Sumin stared at him shocked at the sudden information.

"But I had an aunties funeral on that side, she's over there" Sumin pointed to the row of the aunt she never met and Niel shrugged glancing behind him to where she pointed briefly.

"Well, now you know where she is. You look that side I'll keep looking for any new ones on this side" Niel answered before leaving Sumin standing there by herrself to make her discovery.

She huffed to herself and walked down heavens side, scanning each row for any new graves and reading the names of people she passed by. Niel watched Sumin from the corner of his eye, he knew it was no use looking on his side when he and his friends all knew of the six fallen angels with no wings.

"Oh god no" Sumin wheezed hand covering , there laid her six best friends. They weren't new graves but the names in clear sight that caught her attention clarified it was them. Sumin's head spun and she dropped to the ground, questioning if they were all just her imagination from the very start.

"This can't be happening" She sobbed fingers grazing the picture of her childhood friend on the hard rock with his name and birth written on it.

"1955? Leo was born not long before me, though?" Sumin stared through her blurry eyes and none of the dates of birth or the deaths written on each of the boys tombstones were correctly matching with the boys she knew.

Niel stood watching her cry as she scanned all six headstones, they were totally different people to the ones Sumin knew. Niel struggled to watch her and he looked at the road that stopped him from going to her. His elders had always told him to never go on heaven's side unless he wished to be burnt to a crisp. Niel struggled, debating if he should run over to Sumin or stay on the safe side, her sobs got louder and his eyes widened watching her fall onto her backside covering her tear ridden face with her hands.

He didn't take another second to contemplate, his feet moved on their own and it only took him a second to be sitting beside Sumin. He hugged her close and didn't count the hours she spent sitting in his arms crying her heart out. Sumin was a mess and Niel didn't know how to help, so he resorted to sitting on the grass with her hugging him close until her tears stopped.

"I don't understand, they aren't the same as the people I knew" Sumin whispered staring at N's picture showing who was in the ground beneath the headstone.

"Angels aren't real people anymore. God sends them back onto earth to complete a mission, sometimes one angel or several are given a job. To protect someone or simply give them a nudge in the right direction once in their life. Your angels just so happened to be sent down to you long before they were needed, maybe they were needed for many things in your life, they just happened to be old farts in real life" Niel smiled, making Sumin chuckle slightly at his little joke towards her friends.

It turns out N, just like his favourite class at school was a renowned scientist, his job wasn't out of character from the Cha Hakyeon Sumin knew who not so secretly, but innocently loved to be violent and make pain inflicting objects. N turned out to be one of the leading scientists making weapons and gases for the war, and she was kind of chuffed about that, he must have been amazing.

Leo was never any different, Sumin did some of her own research to find he was one of Seoul's greatest police officers. His black and white picture of a stoic expression and police uniform now hung on one of the walls in Teen Top's apartment along with five other pictures that they were, unlike Sumin, not so chuffed about seeing on their houses wall.

Ken, he was as he was in his time in the twenty-first century, an excellent singer who performed for some of the highest classed people, something else Sumin was also very proud of, and sure Jaehwan must have been in his time to. Sumin took it upon herself to keep his well-drawn cartoon of the seven of them close to her at all times, something none of the six new boys she was stuck with understood, though no one was planning to question it yet.

Wonshik was always into art, but the picture on his headstone of him standing next to a proud piece of his didn't fail to shock Sumin. Kim Wonshik, Ravi, painting such pictures you would see on the roofs of ancient buildings? This would no doubt keep amusing Sumin until she herself could personally tease and giggle about it to him in person again if the day came where they could all meet again.

Hongbin was honestly no surprise to Sumin. Hongbin had always been handsome and no doubt was Korea's best model in the sixties, taking on concepts that made her giggle upon doing further research, finding herself insane for wanting to die just to mock and tease them for these things she was discovering.

SangHyuk, oh Hyuk. Never did Sumin think ballet was his thing, and she would never have known if she didn't catch herself searching up each of the boy’s names along with their years of living. Sumin had never cared for all the old films that were able to be saved and magically put online but when google showed her a link to one of his most famous performances at three in the morning Sumin found herself rolling on the bed laughing, unable to stop even as Niel and L.Joe marched into the room wishing to silence her, Sumin would surely imitate this to him the day they met again.

The image of Hyuk running around on a fancy stage, the music tuned out by her imagination bringing back the memory of Ken's infamous opera singing put a smile to her face and unknowingly she found herself acknowledging and slowly moving on from the six deaths of friends that happened many years ago, some before her time of existence.

"I will miss them" Sumin sighed as the sun went to its rest and the moon began to shine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter