Fallen

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Jong Seok was a little annoyed, to say the least.

 

Scratch that, he was very annoyed.

 

Exo had yet to confront Taeyong about his bodyguard status which made things a whole lot more awkward around the house than it needed to be, especially since the boys were still walking on egg shells around him. Honestly, did the boys forget they were almost as suspicious as Taeyong was, with their dangerous hacking skills and relation to 3 Blazes? Just the thought of their ignorance caused Jeong Seok to sigh as he raised a hand to his forehead, rubbing at his temples as he thought back to the looks of fear and uncertainty the boys unconsciously sent Taeyong.

 

They weren't aware of the effect it had on Taeyong. 

 

Jeong Seok knew how much it had bothered Taeyong as a child, the idea of being feared and seen as the enemy. He hated, despised it, and thought it meant he was becoming the very thing that took away Hansol from him. The idea itself caused constant night terrors for the boy, and was apart of the reason why Taeyong had developed such a strong mask in the first place. So Jeong Seok wasn’t all surprised when Taeyong began to avoid the boys as well, escaping from their hooded, dark eyes that followed him at all ends and reminded him all too much of his own traumatic demons. Jeong Seok understood Taeyong, so he didn't initially plan on interfering in his relationships....However, with each day that passed in uncomfortable silence, came Taeyong’s request for an extra mission with Yensen. And as his number of missions grew and success rate even higher, came Taeyong's father's relief that his son hadn't lost his prodigious skills. Yensen was getting more funding from the police department, gangs supporting 3 Blazes were on guard more than ever, and the crime rates in the city had decreased. By no longer focusing on just his one mission with Exo, rumors of Xscion's presence returned. Yes, Taeyong did still spend the days as an “apprentice” and bodyguard, but he also left for nightly missions which left Jeong Seok with no choice but to take over as the other ran through alleys and after criminals with Bts. And while spending more time with his own brothers seemed to bring back the light in Taeyong’s eyes, the extra missions were taking their toll.

 

Without Jin constantly around, the teen barely slept.

 

His lack of self-care would be his Achilles heel with 3 Blazes. 

 

Speaking of self-care, Jeong Seok released a yawn as he looked at his watch. It was nearing five am and while normally this meant the boys would be getting ready to leave for practice, today was an exception. You see, they would still be getting ready, but none of them knew he had put in a request for a two day break that ensured that Jeong Seok would finally have the time to slap some sense into the boys. And mind you, he would do it with a ‘bang.’

 

Just as a smirk settled itself on his face, Jeong Seok’s head swiveled to the side as his phone buzzed, alerting him of Taeyong’s arrival. He watched from the shadows of the living room as Taeyong silently entered Exo’s penthouse, exhausted beyond belief if the haggard look on the others face was anything to go by. He continued to watch as the other spotted his presence within a single heartbeat, raising an eyebrow at the other's attempted intimidating look as he sat on the couch with knees crossed and arms folded. Taeyong smirked at the sight before he moved to slip off his muddy and wet shoes.

 

"Your late.” Lee Jeong Seok muttered from his spot on the couch, as he watched the other quietly slip into the kitchen just as the boys alarms began to interrupt the tranquility of the night.

 

“Finished a bit later” the teen muttered, voice hoarse and raspy.

 

“Yeah, I’d imagine with the rain. But it didn’t rain here, so where’d you go?” Jeong Seok quietly asked as he took the time to analyze the other’s appearance: his tussled hair, dirt-soaked clothes, and not to mention his slight hobble.

 

Something must have gone wrong.

 

“Jeong Seok” Taeyon muttered, as he pulled out the carton of milk and cookies Kyungsoo had hidden in the cabinets above the refrigerator “Not now.”

 

The sight of Taeyong right now, as he hungrily ate the cookies and milk, would have been funny. It would have been endearing even, had he not known that Taeyong only ate the two only when anxious beyond belief. It was his comfort food, food his mother used to give him and Hansol all the time, and it was the only thing Taeyong really took comfort in.

 

Something must have very gone wrong for him to seek comfort in it.

 

Jeong Seok stilled as he watched the somber expression on Taeyong’s face. He continued to watch even as the rest of the boys exhaustedly came into the living room as Suho ushered them in, demanding them to hurry as they were late. Lee Jeong Seok didn’t pay them any attention, and Taeyong didn’t either. Both occupied in their own thoughts, they ignored the boys as Exo themselves begin to take in the tense atmosphere as they quieted down.

Only Kyungsoo moved into the kitchen, hesitatingly looking at the two as he cautiously began to prepare breakfast. No one asked about Taeyong’s appearance, and even Jeong Seok began to loose his confidence. He had planned on talking things out with them all, but Taeyong didn’t seem like he could handle his own cookies, let alone a full on interrogation.

 

He looked up when he heard Taeyong sigh, putting away the cookies he hadn’t even take more than two bites of. “I’ll be in the shower” and Lee Jeong Seok released another sigh, knowing it was code for washing off the dried blood and injuries. The thought itself reminded him of his own missions, exhasution, and quiet plea to be saved. If Taeyong kept this up, he would break. 

 

Jeong Seok looked up when he noticed the continuous silence after the teens disappearance, and spared a look at the members around him who all sported different expressions of hesitant anxiety. It was Chen who decided to speak up, and his words immediately helped ease some of the worry he had for them.

 

“Um, ah” Chen took a deep breath before quietly exclaiming “Is, Is Taeyong okay?”

 

Jeong Seok’s eyes hardened. No, he did not empathize with them at all. Regardless of his somewhat relief, he was still annoyed as he casted his nonchalant but angry expression onto the others. ”Is he okay? Are you asking me if he’s okay? Why don’t you ask him yourself, he’s your team member isn’t he?” He scoffed, as he crossed his arms. Honestly, the audicity to even ask such as question.... “Ah right, you can’t do that because you’re all so busy being immature brats. “ Before the others could angrily interrupt him, Jeong Seok raised a hand to stop them immediately. “No. You guys don’t deserve right now, let alone the chance to defend yourselves. You’re ignoring the one guy who actually has your back now, who has protected you guys and befriended you guys even before he was assigned this damn mission. The guy who’s doing so much and what, you ask me if he’s doing okay-“

 

“Doing so much?!” Sehun stood up, slamming his hands against the dining table as he did. “Its his job, he’s supposed to protect us! So why the hell are you trying to make us feel bad about it?!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter