7-

Letting You Go

The two of you went to a nice restaurant that wasn’t too far away from the University. The waitress came over to your table and took your orders. You ordered carbonara while Junhyung decided to go for steak.

When the waitress was done with your orders, you found yourself looking at Junhyung and wondering how long more you would be able to go out and have dinner with him like normal best friends. Especially if he really did achieve his dreams and became a famous rapper.

You unconsciously let out a sigh. Junhyung raised his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly, giving you a questioning look. “Why the sigh?”

You scolded yourself mentally for the slip but decided that you wouldn’t lie. “I was just wondering whether we’d still be able to go out like this when you become famous. You won’t forget me right?” You realized how childish you must have sounded and wished that you had just lied instead. “I mean you would be very busy with practice and schedules. You also can’t go out because your fans might recognise you and all.” You mumbled out quickly. You could feel a blush spreading across your cheeks and you didn’t dare to look up.

But when Junhyung didn’t say anything after a full minute, you dared yourself to take a quick peek at him and found that he wore a really amused expression on his face. “------ah, remember when I told you that you will always be my number one priority?” He began when he saw you look at him.

You nodded, not trusting yourself with words anymore.

He smiled and cupped your hands in his. “I really meant it. If I really do become famous, I’m won’t forget you. I’ll be busier than now and I won’t be able to go to crowded places but I’ll still want to hang out with you. I’ll still be me. I’ll still be your best friend.”

You returned his smile. “I guess I was just being silly.” You said sheepishly while he reached over and ruffled your hair.

The waitress came over with the food while you were fixing your mussed up hair.

You unfolded the napkin and placed it on your lap. “Oppa, let’s eat!” He nodded, amused to see you so happy.

You twirled your spaghetti around your fork and placed the twirled pasta into your spoon before eating it.

“Is it good?” Junhyung asked once you swallowed your food.

You beamed and nodded, putting your thumbs up as well. “It’s delicious! We should come back again another time.”

After dinner, you and Junhyung walked around for a while before talking a bus back home. When Junhyung was in the shower, you pulled out your phone to call Soojin but it rang the moment you took out your phone. Soojin was calling you instead.

“Unni! Hello!” You chirped over the phone and heard her laughing over the phone.

“I take it you had a good dinner then?” She said.

“Yup! Junhyung oppa and I had a really yummy dinner at that place near our school.”

“Oh! I heard good things about that place too. Anyway, I was calling because it’s your birthday this Saturday, I want to book you first. Actually, I was planning for us to go to Lotte World. Do you mind if Seyoung comes along? You could ask Junhyung to come along too if he is free.”

You had met Seyoung a couple of times already and found him to be a nice person. He was also very kind and sweet towards Soojin. “Nope, I don’t mind. The more the merrier! Junhyung oppa is in the shower right now, I’ll ask him later and text you ok?”

“Ok sure! Good night ------. Bye!”

“Bye unni! Good night!” You smiled and ended the call just as Junhyung stepped out of the bathroom, towel draped over his head.

“Oppa!” You called, making Junhyung look up at you. You waved him over to the bed and patted the edge of the bed for him to sit. You immediately knelt on the bed behind him and started helping him towel dry his hair.

“Are you free this Saturday, oppa?” You asked.

He thought for a moment before replying. “Yup, I’m free. Why?”

“Soojin unni called me while you were in the shower. She wants to know if we’re free to go to Lotte World with her boyfriend and her this Saturday. Are you ok with going with them?” You explained and added the last part for good measure. After all, he had only met Soojin for the first time today and have never even seen her boyfriend. You didn’t want to make him feel forced to go.

“Sure. Why not.” He shrugged.

You threw your arms around his neck and hugged him from behind. “Yay oppa! You’re the best!”

“Can’t. Breathe.” Junhyung stuttered out and tapped your arms when you didn’t let go.

“Opps!” You immediately let go, still smiling widely, and totally forgetting to feel even slightly guilty for strangling Junhyung.

Junhyung rubbed his neck and wanted to shoot you a pointed look but couldn’t when he saw you sitting on your legs and smiling like an idiot. Instead, he just shook his head and smiled to himself.

“Ok. Shower now. It’s late.” Junhyung directed and tugged your hands to pull you off the bed.

You pouted but headed to the bathroom anyway. “Oppa!” You called from inside the bathroom after remembering that you hadn’t texted Soojin yet.

“Yes?” Junhyung answered.

“Could you text Soojin unni for me? Tell her that you’ll be able to make it on Saturday. My phone is on the bed… somewhere.”

Junhyung chuckled and proceeded to pat the bed to find your phone. “Ok. Just concentrate on bathing will you?”

You grinned to yourself. “Thanks oppa!”

 

======================

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!! 

In celebration of 11/11/11, I present to you drool-worthy 11 abs!

Hope everyone had an interesting 11/11/11 too :D