21-

Letting You Go

 

Despite your attempts to convince Soojin that you’d be fine, Soojin and Seyong accompanied you back home. She had also somehow managed to talk you into letting her stay the night. You protested at first but when she brought up the possibilty of you having another fainting spell and that there wouldn’t be anyone around to help you if you did, you knew that there was no way to win. Even Seyong, who had been on your side, kept quiet after she said that. She was right after all. There was that possibility and no one wanted to take that chance.

The three of you were sitting at the table, Soojin and Seyong opposite you, talking when you realized, much to your surprise, that Seyong was actually very well-informed about you. Apparently, Soojin found it necessary to relay everything you told her to him as well. You blushed heavily at this but hid your chagrin when you saw him casting worried glances at you. You caught one of his glances and gave him a questioning look.

“You’re not mad, are you? I mean because I know too much.” He asked, slightly sheepish.

You shook you head. “I’m not mad. More surprised actually and embarrassed too. You probably don’t have a very good impression of me now.”

“Why do you think that? I haven’t heard anything bad about you.” He said, genuinely confused. “In fact, I wanted to ask you if you wanted me to punch Junhyung for you.” He smiled and playfully thumped his fist against the palm of his other hand.

You laughed. “Seyong oppa! You’re hilarious! But you can’t punch Junhyung oppa, you’ll get yourself in trouble.”

“I don’t mind. He’s a jerk.” He said frankly, which earned a smack on his arm from Soojin. Normally, when you heard bad things being said about Junhyung, you would definitely defend him no matter what. But this time, you just didn’t feel like you had to and let it pass.

“I agree that he’s a jerk but I don’t like violence.” Soojin narrowed her eyes at him, to which he responded with a pout. You couldn’t help but smile at their exchange. It was just too cute.

Soojin turned her attention back on you. “------ah, so what are you going to do now?” She asked, feeling sorry that she had to bring it up but you had already expected her to ask.

You sighed softly. “Honestly, I don’t really know what to do but I think I should tell Junhyung oppa first before I decide anything. I don’t know how to contact him though.” You frowned.

“Hmm, don’t worry, we’ll help you. Maybe we can find out where his dorm is online.” Soojin suggested.

“I tried to once but I didn’t find anything. But you should try it too. You’re probably better at searching.” You stood up and went to take your netbook from the table in front of the television. After you had set it up for them, you easily convinced Seyong to stay for dinner before heading to the kitchen to prepare the food.

“So, did you manage to find where Junhyung oppa’s dorm is?” You had finished cooking and all three of you were now tucking into the food.

“Nope. No luck. We didn’t find anything on the forums about the location of their dorm. It’s strange though because usually there would definitely be a few fans who stalk their idols home.” Soojin said with still full. “By the way, this is delicious! I didn’t know you could cook so well!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah. Soojin isn’t exaggerating. I think the food is really good too.” Seyong chimed in.

“Thanks! I learnt by watching my mom. Plus, I had quite a lot of practice.” You mumbled shyly, not used to the compliments.

Seyong left after dinner while Soojin volunteered to do the dishes so you decided to take a shower first. Soojin was done when you had finished your shower and was watching some programme on the television. You fished out a fresh set of pajamas, a towel, and a toothbrush, and placed them at the foot of the bed before joining her on the couch.

“Unni, I left some pajamas and stuff on the bed. You can use the shower after you’ve finished watching the show.”

“Ani. I just randomly turned to a channel because I didn’t have anything else to do. I’ll go take a shower now.” She handed the remote to you and went into the bedroom.

When you heard the bathroom door click shut and the water in the shower was running, you took out your handphone. You bit your lower lip. Should I?