60-

Letting You Go

You could do nothing but watch helplessly as the hairstylist snipped away at your hair, after which he signalled to another person, you assumed was his assistant, and he came forward, one hand holding a small bowl and the other mixing something in it, and took over. He continued to mix the contents of the bowl for a little longer before it took some of its contents and brushed a coat of it onto your hair. You knew that he was dying you hair because you’ve seen it being done many times before but you never actually dyed your hair.

You had no idea how long you were at the salon but you had a hair treatment after the your hair was dyed and then you were lead to a small room at the back where a lady came in and started to apply makeup on your face.

You shrank back a little. “Umm, I don’t think this is necessary.”

“Sorry Miss but I’m just following what my boss told me to do. Your friends must really like you if they are doing this for you.” She said kindly.

You gave her an awkward smile before allowing her to continue what she had been doing before you stopped her. Thankfully, it didn’t take very long for her to finish applying the makeup and she left the room only to return with a two shopping bags.

“Miss, please change into these before coming back out. There is a private changing room at the back.” She instructed.

You nodded and she left you alone in the room again.

You looked into the shopping bags and discovered that one had a shoe box in it while the other had a royal purple tube dress. You slowly picked up the dress and stared at it. It was so pretty that you couldn’t take your eyes off it.

*knock knock knock*

“Miss, are you done? May I come in?” You recognized the voice, it was the same lady who did your makeup.

“No, I’m not done yet. I’ll be out in a bit.”

You must have sounded quite panicked because the lady asked, “Is everything alright? Do you need my help?”

“Yes, everything is fine and thank you, but I can manage on my own. I’ll be right out.” You said after taking a deep breath to control your voice.

You hurried to the changing room and changed into the dress before coming back out to slip on the pair of heels that was the in the other bag. You carefully stood up from the chair and looked at your reflection in the mirror. Your hair was now a dark brown and had a couple of deep red highlights in it. Your makeup made you look flawless and radiant and your dress looked wonderful on you. The royal purple matched your fair skin perfectly and the sweetheart neckline of the dress made you look really elegant. The heels were rather scary to put on but now that you were standing in them and didn’t feel like you would fall any moment, you felt much more at ease.

You quickly folded the clothes that you had changed out of and place them into one of the shopping bags and placed your boots into the other. You took one last look at your appearance in the mirror before taking in a deep breath and walking out of the room. Feeling confident about oneself within the confines of a small room and feeling confident when walking into a room full of people were two totally different things. You tried your best not to run as you made your way over to Kibum and the rest but you knew that your expression betrayed you.

Kibum had seen you from afar and had that all too familiar look of approval in his eyes, which always appeared when he saw something that he liked. In an instant, the look of approval morphed into a smirk and you could tell that he was mentally praising himself for a job well-done.  Jonghyun and Jinki were the next to spot you and Jinki gasped while Jonghyun let out a low-whistle, which earned him a smack at the back of his head from Kibum and caused both Minho and Taemin to turn around and look at you. If you had felt uncomfortable earlier, walking out of the room, you felt even more so now that all five of them were scrutinizing you.

You shivered slightly and Minho immediately came over with a black trench coat and helped you put it on. “Noona! You look really really beautiful!” Taemin exclaimed innocently and continued to stare at you.

You smiled. “Thanks Taeminnie! I knew I could count on y-”

“Hyungs! Don’t you agree??” Taemin looked puzzled at the lack of response from his hyungs.

Jinki and Minho immediately nodded before they caught each other doing the same thing and looked away awkwardly. Jonghyun, who had witnessed the whole thing, was trying his best not to burst out laughing by covering his mouth with both of his hands but you could see his shoulders bobbing up and down due to his silent laughter.

You felt your cheeks get warmer before Kibum finally spoke. “Alright alright. I think it’s safe to say that all of us agree that you look very beautiful.” He paused and continued when no one objected. “Now, lets get going. We have a dinner reservation to meet.”

 

====================

Pictures of the dress, coat and shoes if you're curious to know what I had pictured in my mind :)

And wow! I realized that I have 50 subscribers! Thanks for the support :D 

13249199994f147a283d0c0.gif

*MUACKS*

Love all my subbies, commentors and silent readers :)

19176482534f147ba60ed1f.gif