80-

Letting You Go

 

You immediately pulled your hand away from Leeteuk. “It’s not-“ You began to explain but was cut off swiftly by Leeteuk.

“------- hit her wrist just now. I’m just checking to see if she hurt herself.” He gripped your forearm again, raising it up to Kibum and pointing to the red area around your wrist.

Kibum’s expression softened immediately as he cradled your wrist and started to examine it, all the while fussing about how you should have been more careful.

“It’s fine. I already told Leeteuk oppa that it’s nothing serious. See?” You gently pulled your wrist away and rotated it a few times just to prove your point.

“Hmph. Still, you should have been more careful in the first place. Where did you hit it?” He folded his arms across his chest, making you feel like a kid being disciplined.

“Bummie!” Jonghyun called out and then appeared at Kibum’s side in the next instant, draping his arm across Kibum’s shoulder.

“What happened? How come you disappeared so quickly?” He asked, eyeing the both of you.

“Nothing. Anyway, ------ hurt herself while we were on stage.” You felt your wrist being in front of Jonghyun’s face. He gingerly poked the still red area with his index finger just like what Leeteuk did earlier.

“Does it hurt?” He asked.

You shook your head immediately. You sneaked a cautious glance at Kibum, who was still a little upset, and Jonghyun understood the message immediately.

“Aww, don’t be like that, yeobo. She already said she’s alright. And shouldn’t you already be used to these especially with Jinki hyung around?” Jonghyun said, trying to appease Kibum. Leeteuk decided not to interfere and just stood back and watched.

Much to the surprise of all of you, Kibum burst out laughing. “You guys should have seen your faces!! Oh my god, this is just too good.” He clutched his stomach and bent forward in laughter.

“What’s so funny, hyung? Why is Key hyung laughing so hard?” Taemin popped up behind Jonghyun and back-hugged him, resting his chin on Jonghyun’s shoulder as he looked at Kibum curiously.

Jonghyun pouted. “Kibum just pulled a prank on us.” He looked at you and saw that you were pouting as well. “Come on, ------ah. Let’s leave Kibum alone.” He took your hand as well as Taemin’s hand that was wrapped around his waist and pulled the both of you along as he stalked off towards their waiting room.

Eventually, Kibum managed to get himself under control and came back to the waiting room with Leeteuk, Minho and the girl group members who were on the stage with them earlier. Kibum made peace with Jonghyun really easily since Jonghyun wasn’t really angry in the first place. He just wanted to play with Kibum since the latter started it first.

You were introduced to the members of the girl group, f(x) who only recently had their debut. All five members were really pretty and tall and you couldn’t help but feel a little insignificant just standing next to them. Amber stood out the most to you because of her boyish charm. It wasn’t only her appearance that made her look like a pretty boy but everything about her just came together nicely and the more you looked at her, the more you felt attracted to her charm. You made a mental guess that her concept was the androgynous look.

About 15 minutes later, after the SHINee members had changed out of their stage outfits and into their casual clothes, you found yourself being shuffled out of the waiting room and into the lift with the SHINee members and one of their managers. The other one had gone down earlier to get the car and was waiting for them in the carpark. Leeteuk had already left with his manager while the SHINee members were changing because he had another schedule to attend. He exchanged numbers with you and promised to introduce the rest of the Super Junior members to you if there was a chance.

You were in the lift standing beside Kibum when his manager suddenly turned to him and passed him a cap and an oversized zip-up hoodie and looked expectantly at him. He took them both and hesitated for just a split second before he turned to you with a hint of regret appearing on his face.

“Sorry, ------ah, but you’ve got to put this on so that the fans won’t be able to recognise you if they happen to see you with us. We’ll be quick and try our best to shield you but some of the fans are very persistent and I don’t think you should take the risk.” He explained.

You nodded and gave him a smile to tell him that you understood and that it was alright. “I’ll wear it.”

You carefully unwrapped Minhyuk’s small hands from around your neck and passed him to Minho who was standing right in front of you. Minhyuk’s face scrunched up a little from the disturbance but settled back down after wrapping his hands around Minho’s neck and resting his cheek on Minho’s shoulder.

You quickly took the hoodie from Kibum and put it on, zipping it up to the top as Kibum placed the cap on your head and helped you arrange your hair as well. He looked at you for a moment, as if appraising his work, before suddenly leaning forward. You saw his face coming closer to yours and immediately squeezed your eyes shut only to feel a tap on your head a moment later, along with the words. “There. All done.”

You opened your eyes only to see that your hood had been pulled up over your head and that Kibum was now smirking down at you. You felt your face heat up immediately and you quickly reached up to tug the cap even lower to try and hide your face. It was too late though because you could tell that he had already seen your reaction from the soft chuckles that was coming from him.

 

======================

Sorry once again for the lack of updates! I've a huge life-changing exam coming up in about 3 weeks and I'm practically using all the energy in every cell in my body to study for it. It's really funny how the best ideas come to you when you're studying because I've managed to come up with a lot of the story progression while day-dreaming instead of memorising or reading my textbook -.-

I'm going to try and write up another chapter in the next 2-3hrs and post it to make up for the lack of updates but it'll probably be difficult for me to update regularly  after this until the exam is over. Please bear with me!