93-

Letting You Go

 

“Have the both of you had dinner?” You directed the question at both Jinki and Lee Joon. “Do you want me to make anything for you to eat?” You offered while making a move towards the kitchen to check if there was any food in the fridge and cupboards.

“Yup! We already had dinner before we came to pick you up just now. Don’t worry about us.” Lee Joon quickly answered, using his free hand to cover Jinki’s mouth before he could say anything.

“Sure?” You eyed them suspiciously when you saw Lee Joon’s hand over Jinki’s mouth. “It really won’t be too much trouble at all, if that’s what you’re worrying about.” You mentioned casually.

Lee Joon released his hold on Jinki at that. “No, it’s not that. It’s just that he never seems to stop eating! He definitely won’t say no if you’re offering to make him food.” He explained and complained at the same time, earning nothing but a dorky smile from Jinki, who made absolutely no attempt to refute the accusations.

“Another time then. I don’t want to get into trouble with your managers for over-feeding the both of you.” You chuckled lightly before your eyes landed on Minhyuk who was still fast sleep against Lee Joon’s chest.

“I should give Minnie a bath and then put him to bed.” You said, reaching out towards Lee Joon to take Minhyuk back. “Do you all have plans? Or are you going to stay here?” You asked.

Jinki shook his head. “Nope, we should get going. We still need to sneak back to his dorm so that manager hyung can pick me up from there and the fans won’t suspect a thing.”

You nodded. “Ok, but your fans do sound a little scary. Do you think I’ll run into them since I’m staying here now?” You frowned, not liking the idea of bumping into any of their sasaeng fans.

“Hmm, you might see them downstairs and one or two might even find a way to get into the building but they’ll mostly be hanging around outside our dorm. So you don’t have to worry too much, just treat them as though they were random strangers that you’d normally come across on the street.” He advised.

“Alright, oppa. I’ll keep that in mind all the time.” You nodded and beamed up at him.

He gently ruffled your hair. “Remember that if you ever need anything, you can always call oppa. Ok?”

“Arasso, oppa. You need to go, remember?” You reminded.

“I’m becoming as naggy as Kibum, aren’t I?” He let out an exaggerated groan before chuckling and turning back to look at Lee Joon. “Ok, we’re going now. Take care and we’ll… or rather I’ll be back to visit soon.” Jinki affectionately ran his hand up and down Minhyuk’s back and gently pinched your nose.

Lee Joon stepped towards you and pulled you into a one arm hug, taking care not to squish Minhyuk, and whispered in your ear so Jinki couldn’t overhear. “Don’t forget to invite me when you have a gathering. Jinki raves about your cooking all the time and I’m dying to try it for myself.” He pulled away and gave you a quick wink, only to earn himself a light elbow nudge in the stomach when Jinki saw it.

“Don’t mind him, whatever he said. He spouts nonsense most of the time.” Jinki quickly explained.

“Hey! That wasn’t fair. I didn’t say anything bad to her.” Lee Joon protested his innocence and looked to you for help.

You bit back a snicker and composed yourself before speaking. “Oppa, Joon oppa just wanted to tell me to invite him to our gatherings since he wants to try my cooking.” You explained, thinking that it would help Lee Joon, who wore a smug expression, confident that he had just won the argument against Jinki.

“Ow!!” Lee Joon exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head after having been smacked by Jinki. “What was that for?!”

“Hyung! How can you force ------- to invite you over to her house after only knowing her for a few hours?!” Jinki said exasperatedly.

“What?!” Lee Joon held his hands up in the air and exclaimed. “I can’t help it if I’m curious about her cooking. If anything, you’re the one to blame! You keep telling me about how great the food she cooks tastes and how much you miss her cooking!”

Jinki sputtered and choked on air. “You can’t blame that on me. I was just speaking the truth!” He defended.

You watched the both of them bicker back and forth for a few more minutes with amusement before deciding that you had to put an end to it or they would never leave. “Okay. Calm down. Deep breaths.”

You turned to Lee Joon first and addressed him. “Oppa, I’ll be sure to invite you whenever we have a gathering. Don’t worry.”

Then, turning your attention to Jinki who looked like he was about to protest. “Oppa, I really don’t mind at all. The more people the merrier, right? And don’t worry, now that we’re neighbours, you can always tell me what you feel like eating and I’ll gladly make it for you.” You added with a smile and had one just as bright returned to you.

“Now then, not that I don’t enjoy your company, but are the both of you finally ready to leave?” You asked, a hint of a smile still playing on your lips.

 

Ater finally managing see Jinki and Lee Joon out, you went to the bathroom to run the water in the tub while trying to gently coax Minhyuk to wake up long enough for you to give him a bath. It turned out to be quite a struggle since he was much more interested in sleeping and didn’t want to cooperate with you even as you took off his clothes.

“Good night, Minnie. Have wonderful dreams.” You leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on his nose, causing a tiny smile to appear on his face even though you were quite certain that he was already sound asleep.

You carefully tiptoed out the room and turned off the lights, leaving the door open just a crack so that you would be able to hear him if he cried or called out. You eyed the luggage that was sitting in the living room, mentally debating if you should unpack it now or leave it to tomorrow, before deciding that you should just quickly get it over and done with.

By the time you were done, it was already past 10 and perhaps out of habit, you found yourself mentally planning out the meals for the following day even as you headed to the kitchen to check if there was anything that you could use or whether you had head out early to get the groceries. You were so preoccupied with looking into the fridge that you didn’t hear the sound of the electronic keypad being pressed and the door being opened and closed.

When you were just about to open the overhead cupboards to see what were in them, you felt an arm wrap around your waist and a weight rest softly on your shoulder. You jumped and struggled a little, feeling the weight on your shoulder lift and the arms around you loosen just enough to allow you to turn your body and look back.

You immediately stopped struggling and relaxed when you saw who it was and immediately felt the arms tighten around you again.

“Kibum! Don’t do that! You gave me a shock!” You scolded and lightly hit his forearms for good measure.

“Mmm.” Kibum hummed in reply. “What are you doing?” He asked, choosing once again to rest his chin on your shoulder.

“Hmm, I’m looking at what we have so that I can plan the meals for tomorrow. Are you done with practice already?”

“Mmhmm.” Kibum hummed his reply again. You turned your head enough to see that he had his eyes closed too.

“You should go back and get some rest if you’re that tired.” You reached back and patted his head, finding him really adorable when he was in this state.

Kibum mumbled out a reply this time but you didn’t catch any of it because his chin was still resting on your shoulder and his words just came out sounding like muffled gibberish.

You grinned made a move to open the cupboards since you didn’t get a chance to open it before you were “ambushed”. “Cupcake?” You tapped his forearm lightly to get his attention. “Were you the one who stocked the fridge and the cupboards?”

He nodded, causing his chin to rub your shoulder. “That’s ticklish!” You shrugged your shoulders in attempt to get his chin off. And it worked for a moment before he placed his chin back on your shoulder after you stopped moving.

You should have know that he was the one who stocked everything because it had all the foods that you were used to eating and everything was even arranged just the way you were used to seeing them when you were staying together with him. You relaxed and leaned back against his chest resting your head on his shoulder. “Thank you.” You said quietly.

“For?” He asked after a moment when you didn’t elaborate.

“For this.” You sighed. “For caring and for doing everything that you do for me and for Minhyuk.”

You felt his arms loosen and let go of you and you were worried for a second that you had made him angry. But he just turned you around before taking both your hands in his. “Of course I care. Minhyuk’s my son and I love him to bits. I l-“ He frowned and cut himself off before he finished.

“You?” You prompted, puzzled by his sudden stop.

He shook his head. “No, it’s nothing. By the way, will you be free next Friday?” He quickly changed the topic, hoping that you wouldn’t press the matter and you didn’t.

“Hmm? Next Friday… Well, my mom should be discharged by the end of this week so yeah, I’ll be free next Friday, after work that is.” You replied. “Why?”

“Let’s have dinner next Friday then! I know the perfect place!” He said cheerily.

But your eyebrows furrowed a little. “Are you sure that’s a good idea? Have you asked manager oppa about it?”

Kibum didn’t seem to notice the concern in your voice though as he just waved his hand dismissively. “Don’t you worry about that. I’ll take care of it. And of course it’s a great idea! Unless… you don’t want to spend time with me?” He looked at you with uncertainty in his eyes.

“What? No! I didn’t mean it that way at all. I was just worried about your fans and all…” You trailed off when you noticed a small smile playing on Kibum’s lips. “You tricked me!” You lightly pounded his chest once with your fist.

He chuckled and grabbed your fist. “Sorry, I couldn’t help it. You’re just too fun to tease.” He admitted. “Have you finished unpacking? I didn’t see your luggage in the living room.” He mentioned.

“Yeah, I had some time after tucking Minhyuk in so I decided to unpack before I get too lazy to do it.” You replied, feeling a little sheepish.

“You never fail to amuse me, you know that?” He ruffled your hair and grabbed your wrist and tugged you towards the bedroom before you could answer. “Come on, I want to see Minnie.” 

 

=======

Long chapter update to make up for my absence =X 

Anyway, I read the comments from my previous update and I realized that actually not many figured out that she was going to move to SHINee's dorm complex. So actually, it wasn't as obvious as I thought it would be. Strange :D

Enjoy~~