o31

Skool Luv Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 31

“Her Side of Family Pt. 2”

 

 

Mark coughed softly, trying to melt down the awkward atmosphere around him, it seemed his attempt failed miserably. He leaned down his body, putted the glasses of tea on top of the table with its tray. He slightly stole a gaze or two at Dana’s mother. She turned out glaring on his way, made him awkwardly avoiding her gaze before took a seat on Dana’s other side hurriedly.

He felt awkward.

It was his first time meeting his girlfriend parent –moreover when Dana wasn’t just his girlfriend, she was his wife-

Mark slightly turned his head, stared at Dana that silently playing with the hem of her sweater before looked at Yongguk, the man seemed uncomfortable on his seat.

Mark wondered how bad her relationship with her parent was.

“So, who are you, young man?” Dana’s mother asked with her brow raised, her eyes focused on Mark that made him nervous.

“My name is Mark Tuan, ehm… I’m Dana –I mean Ahyoung’s…. ehm…” Mark rubbed the back of his nape, didn’t quite sure with what should he said about his relationship with Dana. Should he told lies about them being just-friends, the truth of them married or the actually truth.

“He’s my husband” Dana sudden voice made all the attention her, she lifted up her chin, stared at her mother with her usual smile, the smile out of fakeness.

“You’re what?”

Mark winced on his seat when he heard Dana’s mother yelped in disbelief, he was expecting it already, but still, somehow her judging facial expression made him uncomfortable.

“My husband” Dana repeated again, with much more confident than before.

“I’m sure your father mentioned your soon-to-be husband is a Park, not Tuan”

“Oh, you are still in contact with him? Then, you must know that I’m eloping” Dana’s voice sounded so causal that made Mark stared at the girl worriedly.

“Dan Ahyoung” Dana’s mother said with stern warning voice, she stared at Dana for a few seconds before moved her gaze at her nephew, Yongguk.

“Aunty, it’s not like what you think. You know her father right? He wanted to married her off with some great doctor that he failed to notice that Dana already has a boyfriend. And you know her stubborn little head right? She chose to leave behind everything and together with her boyfriend running away. So yeah…” Yongguk laughed awkwardly, staring at his aunt while lightly waved his hand.

“Mark is a kind guy, don’t you worry” Yongguk continued with a more sincere smile this time, though his words success made his cousin glared at him. She had a suspicious that her cousin was the whole reason why her mother suddenly showed up in front of this apartment door step.

Dana’s mother then once again stared at Mark. She started to put her guard down a few moments later, her tense back loosened, and her crossed arms slowly released. She then showed Dana her soft smile.

“How are you doing, dear?” Her tone turned into a soft, gentle voice, stared at her daughter with a hope on her eyes. She decided to putting down the actual problem of Dana running away, and focused more on her daughter well being. Though she didn’t say it out loud, she mean it when she said that she miss her daughter. Dana was her daughter after all.

Her hope was crushing down the moment Dana scoffed from her seat.

“Don’t act like you care” Dana said with flat, cold tone, she stared at her side, didn’t wish to saw her own mother.

Mark for the second time coughed, he awkwardly laughed while giving Dana an unpleasant smile. He surprised that Dana treat her mother that cold.

“I’m sorry for her rudeness, she just had a bad day when she failed to cook something for our breakfast” Mark awkwardly said, giving gentle pats on Dana’s leg, an attempt to loosened Dana’s emotion that slowly getting out of control.

“Yeah, that’s right! You guys should have dinner together tonight, I’m sure Dana in a better condition already” Yongguk brightly said while clapped his palms once, smiling so innocently that he failed to notice Dana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter