Minghao (The8)

Seventeen's Summer Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junghwa was stressed from school homework and got sick, so Minghao tried to help her.

for: damien_alley

:::::

        “Want to hang out today?”

       Junghwa put her phone on speaker and placed it next to her, “Um, you see, Minghao, I can’t today, I need to study.” She bit her thumb nail as she flipped through her science text book. Her hands writing notes that seemed only possible for her to read, “Look, I’ll call you again okay?” She hung up before he even had another chance to respond.

        Frowning, Minghao looked at his home screen which was a photo of the two of them. He huffed out loudly and tousled his hair. He was worried for sure because this was how the conversations have been for a month already. He was worried that the relationship would end because of it. Determined that he was going to change her mind, he put on a pair of sneakers and headed Junghwa’s way.

         The doorbell rang and she jumped at her desk. Blowing her nose, she headed to the door. With a loud cough, she opened the door, “Hello-Oh, Oppa.”

         His eyes darted to her tissues, “You’re sick?”

         She rolled her eyes and left the door open as she went back to her desk, “What a great greeting. Come in.”

        He came behind her and back hugged her figure, staring at the books and papers that were lying all over the table and spilling onto the side chairs, “This isn’t healthy.”

        She slapped his forearms and he took a seat beside her, resting his head on his arm, “Well, this will all help me in the near future for the exams.” She faced him as she straightened out her papers, “Which, by the way you are taking too. I haven’t seen you study once.”

       “That is because you can’t really study for those kinds of things.” He watched as she rolled her eyes once more. He continued to flick her forehead, “They throw us, students, problems that we haven’t really learned before. It honestly just tests us on how well we can take tests.”

        “But, I mean you still need to prepare.”

        “And I will, but,” Minghao grabbed her free hand, “right now, you are more important. What’s up? How’ve you been?” His questions sounded worried and it was because he was. He hasn’t really seen her or heard from her.

        “I’m fine,” She smiled weakly as she squeezed his hands, “really.” He scrunched up his nose and tilted his head, “Okay, well, for the past couple of days my head has been killing me, and I’ve had a sore throat from repeating definitions over and over-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter