Vernon (Hansol)

Seventeen's Summer Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People find love in the weirdest places, Vernon just so happens to find his Cinderella hanging upside down from a tree.

for: UmiZoomiPikaCHU

 

 

 

:::::

 

  “Wait,” Mrs. Choi yelled in english as she washed the dishes, “please take your sister out for a walk. She hasn’t seen you in ages!”

    

  He rolled his eyes and groaned, “Wait, I need to do something can’t I-”

    

  “Hansol Vernon Choi-”

    

  “Okay!” He erupted, hands going up to his face in surrender, “Where is she?” Peering around the corner he stared at his mother who didn’t even hear his question. Giving up, he tousled his brown hair and made his way up the stairs. The hallway’s walls were painted with an orange light. The vitamin D touching his skin as he walked in and out of the shadows towards her room, “Sofia,” he gently called, “come on, let’s go out.” He poked his head into her pink and blue room.

    

  “Hey!” She ran up to the door, dropping what sounded like dolls, “You always said you needed to knock and yet you didn’t!” He chuckled at the door that was now a centimeter away from his sculpted nose.

  

  His knuckles made contact with the wood, echoing through the empty corridor, “Sofia, may I please come in?”

  

  “Yes, you may.” The door opened once more and he ruffled her light brown hair. She scrunched up her face and scrambled back to her dolls that were scattered on the floor. He watched as she rushed to put them back into a bin, and she tucked it under her bed, “What did you need?”

    

  “I thought you didn’t play with dolls anymore?”

  

 “I thought you were going to ask me a different question?”

    

  Hansol eyed the eleven-year-old with an accusing finger, but he let it slide. “Do you want to go for a walk?” She eagerly got up already grabbing a pair of sneakers by her. He smiled and held out his arm, waiting for her to go before him.

    

  Once they left their home, they started to walk randomly; the weather was perfect for getting shamelessly lost. Taking turns in which way they went, they both got to call out a direction, “Left!” Sofia yelled with the point of her finger.

    

  At the end of the block Hansol spoke, “Right!” After a number of rounds, they both slowed down and stopped at the Han river to feel the breeze. Hansol helped his sister tie her hair into ponytail, because have seen this boy’s hair?

    

  As Sofia crouched onto the gravel to play with a caterpillar, she looked to her left and saw something peculiar hanging from the tree, “Oh my god.” She gasped.

    

  Hansol looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, “Sofia, you can’t say ‘oh my god’.”

    

  “I’m sorry, but do you see that?!” She placed her hands over her eyes for shade, and glanced in the direction of the figure. Vernon’s eyes followed and he squinted, not knowing what the heck was on the tree.

    

  “Let’s go check it out,” He stood up from the seat and walked along the path to find out what it was. As they got closer, they noticed that it was a girl. Her hair came down in long strands, half way from touching the untrimmed grass. The girl’s breezy shirt was tucked into her black pants neatly, legs casually gripping onto the sturdy branch. Hansol circled her as Sofia laughed into her hand, quietly. He stared at her complexion and couldn’t help but fancy her resting appearance.

    

  Her lashes casting shadows, lips shooting arrows as if they were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter