Chapter 23

Of Chocolates and Suga(r)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “He’s not replying.” Yoongi shook his head, shoving his phone back into his pocket, looking at the girl, “It’s two hours past 6, you wanna just go get something to eat now? Or, wait?”

 

 

    

           The girl swung her legs as she sat on one of the school chairs, “Let’s wait.” 

 

    

           Yoongi shot her a knowing look.

 

    

           “Maybe he’ll be free then?” She bit her lip, giving Yoongi an anxious smile.

 

    

           “…He’s going on a date tonight, Hyunji.” 

 

    

           “Oh.” She simply placed her feet back on the ground, looking up at him, “Again?”

 

    

           Yoongi leaned his back against the whiteboard, arms crossed. “Yeah, again.” It was his turn to bite his lip, realisation downing his face. “But he hasn’t been on one in a long time…”

 

    

           She perked up at that, “A long time?”

 

    

           “Yeah…” A frown appeared. “Ever since you left.” Before hearing the girl’s reply however, Yoongi unconsciously let out a harsh sigh, outwardly voicing out his thoughts, “.”

 

    

           Hyunji too, frowned, “What’s wrong?”

 

    

           “Did Hoseok- .” Yoongi roughly ran his fingers through his hair, pursing his lips, another curse spitting out. 

 

    

           The girl got up this time, moving towards the male who was clearly annoyed. She’d known Yoongi long enough to know that he was annoyed. He was annoyed… and angry? She let her hand linger on his shoulder, “What’s wrong? What did Hoseok do?”

 

    

           

           He looked up at her next, eyes desperate, scared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

    

 

           12:47AM.

 

 

  

           He picked the call up on the second ring.

 

    

           He tried not to let his voice shake. “…Hello?”

 

    

           “HYUNG!”

 

    

           His throat was dry.

 

    

 

           What the boy on the other end so excitedly, so happily shouted next delved into Yoongi’s chest and penetrated the stupid thing that didn’t let him say it first.

 

 

 

    

 

           “She said yes, hyung! _______ said yes!”

 

 

    

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

    

    

 

 

           He watched as Hoseok’s car pulled up in front of the school, Hoseok getting out of the car with that bright grin on his face and rushing over to the other side to open the passenger door. You shyly took his hand, laughing along with him. 

    

    

           You gave Hoseok one last smile, grateful, before turning around to go up the steps.

 

    

 

           .

 

    

 

           Yoongi whipped his head towards the side, speed-walking pass the open school doors. You saw him staring. That wasn’t good. He just hoped his sour mood didn’t show in his expression.

    

    

    

           

           After Yoongi managed to croak out a ‘she did?’ after Hoseok’s outburst, he stayed quiet the entire time, with occasional ‘mmm’s as response. Part of Yoongi was relieved, happy, hopeful, when Hoseok told him that you were just trying out the whole ‘dating Hoseok’ thing for a while. That meant that… you didn’t really like Hoseok like that yet? Did you? By giving Hoseok a chance, did that also mean that you didn’t like Jimin anymore? 

 

    

           For a moment, those soft gazes and smiles came running through Yoongi’s head and he drowned in the hope that maybe, just maybe you liked him instead of Jimin, instead of Hoseok.

 

    

           Him.

 

    

 

           Yoongi told Hoseok to not “break her heart okay? It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you this serious about a relationship. Don’t up, because if you do, I’ll you up.” 

 

    

           The grin in his voice never left, his “I promise, hyung” sincere. If Hoseok was confused on why Yoongi cared about you so much, he didn’t show it.

 

    

    

 

 

 

☆☆☆    

 

 

    

    

 

 

           Usually, Hoseok would’ve groaned over the fact that he had to check up on his club in the afternoon - which really was almost everyday. But when the sunlight hit his face as he stepped out of his car, he found himself wearing his genuine smile, even shooting some as he manoeuvred himself through the crowd. 

 

    

           That was until a delicate hand gripped his wrist and instinctively making him turn back around, wiping the smile clean off his face. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter