Final

Of Chocolates and Suga(r)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              “I’m assuming you’re excited.”

 

    

              Yoongi hopped off the desk, facing the woman with a wide grin, “Yeah, one more week and I’m officially done.”

 

              The headmaster smiled, nodding to herself, “I’m surprised you managed to last this long.” She patted the guy’s hand, “Thank you, Yoongi.”

 

    

              At that, he softened, “Anytime.”

 

    

 

              “What are you going to do after this?” 

 

    

 

              It wasn’t the same tone she used every time she pestered him to go back to university, and therefore Yoongi replied earnestly, “Focus on rapping…” you came into mind, “…and spend more time with my future wife.”

    

              His mother actually rolled her eyes, scoffing with a smile, “Future wife?”

 

              “What.” He crossed his arms, defensive, “She’s my future wife if I say she is.”

 

              “You already spend so much time with your future wife here,” she eyed him for emphasis, “in school.” He gave her a sheepish smile. She continued, leaning back on her chair, “Which is obviously not allowed.”

 

 

              Yoongi actually turned pink.

 

    

              “Be glad I’m your mother.” 

 

              “I’m glad.”

 

              “Good.” She said. “Now scurry along to my future daughter-in-law.”

 

    

              Yoongi almost cried.

 

    

              Before he could even exclaim at how happy he was, the headmaster flicked her hand, “You have class.”

 

    

              “Thanks mom.” He managed to say, all grins, turning on his heels to go.

 

    

 

              “Yoongi.” She called, making him turn back.

 

    

              “Yeah?”

 

    

              “Be sure to knock your father on the head the next time you see him.”

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

    

              You watched the boy laugh, running across the court with the ball in hand, jumping and making a clean shot - a “no fair, hyung” voiced not long after. Jimin giggled by your side, beaming at his boyfriend whining at his lost. 

 

    

              “You don’t want to join them?” You nudged him on the shoulder, grinning at the way the sides of his eyes crinkled. 

 

    

              Jimin shook his head, “I’m good.” 

 

    

 

              Yoongi had voluntarily asked the two boys to hang out at the basketball court, to which you showcased your immense surprise through wide eyes and a what. The guy simply captured you into a hug, planting kisses all over your squirming face, and said, “Five more days to get to know your friends better.” 

    

              You knew Yoongi and the two were already in quite a tight-knit friendship, along with Hoseok - you’d like to think even though he would become predatory anytime one of them got too close to you. You knew it was because you were visibly glum ever since the calendar marked two more weeks till graduation. Yoongi had noticed.

 

              And of course, Yoongi knew why.

 

              So you let him pull you closer into his embrace, burying your nose into his chest, and murmured, “Thank you.”

 

 

    

    

              “Babe.” You felt an arm pressing you closer, causing your head to turn and meet worried ones, “What’s wrong?”

 

    

              Jimin had genuine worry plastered onto his face like multiple times since you met him, and you wanted to cry.

 

    

              “Nothing.” It came out barely audible. 

 

    

              Jimin stayed mum for a while, looking from your downcast face to the hand unknowing gripping his so tightly, almost as if it was afraid to let go. “Babe.” The voice so gentle, his other hand coming out to place itself on top of yours, “It’s only a bus ride away, I’ll visit.” At that you turned to face him, frown on your face. His voice turned meek, “You can visit too?”

 

    

              “A six plus hour bus ride.” You deadpanned. 

 

    

              “Or a two hour ish plane ride?” Jimin gave you a tiny hopeful smile.

 

    

              You took in his features and sighed, resting your head on his shoulder, “…I’ll miss you.”

 

    

              “Babe…” It was tender, a hand making its way up to caress your head, “I’ll make sure to call often, we can Skype and stuff too.” You kept mum. “Tae and I will be in Daegu for the first six months, and Busan for the other six, we’ll still be in the same country…” He poked your cheek, “Smile for me?”

 

    

              You sat up, looking back at him, “What am I supposed to do during your gap year?” The pout you gave was childish.

 

    

              Jimin actually laughed at that, fond. “You have Yoongi hyung to pester!” He paused for a while, before his eyes enlarged, “Or you could come with us! I’m sure Taehyung’s parents have room for one more guest, and I’m sure my parents wouldn’t mind you staying over at my place in Busan-”

 

    

 

              It sounded like a good idea. You could join Jimin and Taehyung on their gap year adventure to Daegu and Busan - their hometowns. You could join them in helping out with their family businesses, join them in finding odd jobs, join them in having fun… but then again…

 

    

              The familiar breathy laughter from the distance entered your ears, causing you to look at the owner, face decorated by that wide smile - teeth and all, hand cradling the basketball, beanie snug on his grey mess of hair…

 

    

 

              “You’ll miss him.” Jimin’s statement, teasing tone laced in between, caused you to face him, pink dusting your cheeks. 

 

    

              You would miss your best friend when he goes, you would miss Taehyung too.

 

    

              But you couldn’t deny the aching feeling that would spread in your chest if you ever left Min Yoongi.

 

    

 

              “Yeah.” You confessed, eyes saying everything, and Jimin knew.

 

    

              Jimin smiled, pulling you close into a side hug, “I’ll miss you too.”

 

 

    

 

              Yoongi didn’t scowl at Jimin that afternoon, ruffling the boy’s head instead after giving him his ice-cream.

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

    

              “You want pasta?”

 

    

              Snapping out of your daze at the voice, your gaze followed the male making himself comfortable on your side, arm draping over your shoulders. You grunted in response, causing him to rest his chin on the top of your head, arm shifting you to lay against his chest, “You want something classier?” Another grunt. “Steak?”

 

    

              You managed a light laugh this time - it causing Yoongi to snuggle you closer, your arms circling around him, cheek pressed against his chest, “I’m not hungry.”

 

    

              “You are.” He said, thumb drawing circles on your side, “You’re just too sulky to notice.”

 

    

              Yoongi let his lips peck the crown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter