Chapter 26

Of Chocolates and Suga(r)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Yoongi wasn’t one to judge. He’d like to think he was a very understanding person. An understanding person that usually doesn’t give a about anything and anyone unless it was someone close to him. 

    

           But seeing that however.

 

    

 

 

           “Park Jimin.”

 

 

 

    

           The boy usually bursting with confidence shuffled in his seat, eyes not daring to move up, “Hyung.”

 

    

    

 

           Yoongi rolled his eyes at the boy’s lack of school formality, quickly disregarding the call-name and leaning back, arms crossed. “What was that, Park Jimin?”

 

           This time, the boy’s gaze shifted, fingers fiddling. “Hyung…” It came out as a whimper, bottom lip caught between his front teeth. “I’m sorry.”

 

           “Why are you apologising?” Yoongi sighed, propping his elbow up on the table, chin resting on his palm.

 

           “I-I I’m-”

 

           “Okay, maybe yeah.” The elder pursed his lips. “You guys aren’t supposed to do that on school grounds.”

 

           Jimin whimpered once more, cheeks flushed with the deepest shade of red. “I-”

 

    

           Yoongi held a hand out, shaking his head and looking down at his lap. “Never mind.” Images of the things he’d done with you in school flashed through his mind. “Never mind.” Instead of letting his cheeks be tainted at the memories, Yoongi cleared his throat. “So,” he looked right at the boy, “how long?”

 

           “Quite long.” Jimin was the one with tainted cheeks. 

 

           The older leaned forward, head tilted to the side, “I never knew you played for the other tea-”

 

           “I play for both.” Jimin interjected, partly shy at the fact that he got caught, partly afraid that his hyung would judge him.

 

           “Cool.” Yoongi leaned back once again. “Playing for both is cool.”

 

           His ears perked up at that, eyes widening slightly, “You- You don’t mind-”

 

           “Why wouldn’t I mind?” Yoongi gave him a look, finally sprouting a smile as Jimin gave him an elated one. 

 

           “Thank you, hyung.” Jimin’s eyes disappeared into his smile, voice soft and grateful.

 

           

           After a moment of comfortable silence, Yoongi his lips. “So,” he started, hoping that his ever nonchalant expression stayed, “does your best friend know?” The teacher watched as the boy’s face fell into what seemed like guilt. Jimin nibbled on his bottom lip, “No…” 

 

           “Right then, use lunch period to tell her tomorrow.” 

 

           Jimin became frantic at that, scooting his chair closer to the elder, “Hyung I’m not- What if she- I’ll tell her-”

    

           “Tomorrow.” Yoongi stated again, putting his arms on the desk. “Besides, she has something to tell you too.”

    

           “She does?” Jimin lips parted in surprise. “How do you know?”

 

 

           It took Yoongi’s all to not roll his eyes at the wide-eyed boy, “I teach her Math almost every single day after school.” He moved on to let out an exasperated sigh. “She tells me stuff.”

 

    

           “Oh.” The boy nodded to himself. Looking back up at his teacher, Jimin pursed his lips in thought, “And you guys go to the rooftop to eat too.”

    

           Yoongi swallowed, mouth opening and closing in quite an uncharismatic way, eyes trying so hard not to shake, “Because of a certain orange-haired boy-”

 

           “Hyung, do you…” Jimin took a dramatic pause, eyes enlarging even more, “like her?”

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

 

    

           “I have a girlfriend, Jimin.”

 

 

 

    

    

 

    

 

           “Oh.” 

 

    

           “Yeah.”

 

    

           “So-”

    

    

           “And then you know what, Jimin?” His teacher leaned forward across the desk, eyes staring hard. “Her best friend is bi.”

 

           “Really?” Jimin’s eyes became large once again.

 

           “Yeah, and my girlfriend and I happen to know her best friend’s boyfriend.” Yoongi bit back a laugh at the boy’s expression. “But the thing is,” he reached a finger out to lightly tap the male’s head, “only I know about it.”

 

    

           Before Jimin could even say another ‘really’, Yoongi stood up, giving the guy a firm pat on the shoulder, “Yeah, so tell her tomorrow.” 

 

    

           He watched as worry dawned the younger’s face, “But hyung-”

 

    

 

           Soft smile warming his face, Yoongi ruffled his hair. “Don’t worry. She loves you, she’ll understand.”

    

 

    

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

    

           “I don’t think I’ll ever be able to tell him.” You let out a whine, plopping yourself on the couch, letting Yoongi pat your head. “He never seems to have time.” You sat up, pout very visible, “Even you couldn’t get him to stay back.”

 

    

           “You love Jimin right?”

    

           At the question, your brows furrowed, confused, “I do.”

 

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter