Chapter 22

Of Chocolates and Suga(r)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “You’re not going out with Taehyung today?”

 

 

 

    

           “Of course not.” Jimin sat himself across you, “You’re clearly not feeling well.” He cautiously glanced at your rarely blank eyes, “And I’m here to take care of you. Taehyung can wait.”

 

    

           You gave him a small smile, grateful, picking up your spoon to dig in.

 

    

           Despite Jimin’s attempts to make you laugh during lunch, you kept finding yourself  taking glimpses of the staircase. Despite yourself not wanting to, the hope couldn’t stop itself from surrounding you.

    

    

 

           Maybe the girl you saw with Yoongi was just a relative? 

 

    

           Someone he knew?

 

    

           

           Yoongi would just go down the stairs as per usual, meet eyes with you as per usual , go back up the staircase as per usual, and when you go up to the roof, will be right there sitting at his usual spot, as per usual. 

 

 

 

    

 

           Yoongi didn’t go down.

 

 

 

    

☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

    

           All eyes turned to you as your name was called. It wasn’t a rare occasion - Mr. Min calling your name in class after he gave exercises for everyone to do - but the female population continued to stare you down anyways. Like always, he looked up at you, a hint of a smile on his face - big enough for you to know, small enough for people to not suspect anything. 

 

    

           Keeping mum, you waited for him to speak.

 

 

    

           “Hey.” He started, voice soft and low. 

 

 

    

           You wanted to slap yourself for narrowing your eyes down to his parted lips.

 

    

    

           You hummed in response. 

 

    

           “Was the brat with you during lunch?” There was a tinge of worry in his voice.

 

    

           “Yup.” You answered, nodding slightly.

 

    

           Yoongi bit his lip, as if debating.

 

    

    

 

           “I was busy.”

 

 

    

 

           “It’s okay.” You really didn’t know why he said that, or why you replied with that. It wasn’t like the both of you promised to eat lunch together every single time…

 

    

           But it just seemed necessary.

 

    

           “I have plans today, after school.” He continued, his lips, still looking up at you, “So you can enjoy time off again today.”

 

    

           “Oh.” The blurt was unconscious, the falter in your expression too. 

 

    

           Yoongi stared at you with those unreadable eyes, “Is that… okay?”

 

    

           “Yeah, yeah.” You said a bit too quickly, shrugging it off with a smile you hoped didn’t look forced, “I can go hang out with Jimin and Taehyung today then.” Not bothering to wait for his reply, you turned back on your heels to head back to your seat. 

 

 

 

    

           “Can we get some ice-cream later?” 

    

    

           Jimin smiled, raising a hand up to pat your head, “Of course.”

 

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

    

           “You know,” Jimin started, fondly watching you take a of your ice-cream cone, “Hoseok hyung’s been asking a lot about you.”

 

    

           Peering up at him, you tilted your head to the side, “He has?”

 

    

           “Yup!” The excited response was more than unexpected. “He seems, you know, to care a lot about you.” Jimin wiggled his eyebrows.

 

    

           You knew that face.

 

    

           “Come on, Jimin.” You rolled your eyes. 

 

    

 

           Ever since Hoseok got your number from Yoongi, he sent ‘Good Morning’ messages on Katalk almost everyday. You thought of it as a friendly gesture from the guy. Hoseok was friendly and nice, thus you figured it was something he would normally do.

 

    

           But then again.

 

    

           Yoongi kinda, maybe, messaged you on Katalk almost everyday too.

 

    

           So, was he just being nice or-

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter