Au courant

One more day

At twelve o'clock I was sitten in the same room I had been the day before, this time, I was part of the team. As I had predicted, it was busy from then on. The CEO and the production team introduced the issues they were wanting me to work on. It was an endless list of things to prepare, and the most important... the concept for the next album, the one that would set the mood of everything from here on. It was vital to work very hard in this moment so we could have an unified concept for the time being.

Of course, the kids, the music and dance producers were all part of this, but I had some saying on it too. It was pressuring but I embraced the chance of being involved that deep in the process.

I felt both good and intimidated about the fact that I was the youngest in the room, but what made me more nervous was the fact that all those "important people" weren't bothered by it, they were so into the gathering that the less important issue was the new girl. The good thing was that, as soon as the reunion was dismissed most of the people went out inmediatly ignoring my presence. It was 10 p.m, and we had no break inbetween, so I could understand completely... If I was tired and had a big headache, I couldn't imagine what they were going through having worked on this for almost two weeks already. The visual producer (a.k.a: me) was the last to join.

Of course, after the long meeting, I also realized I had to quit my other jobs, this was gonna take all my time from here on, and money... well I wouldn't be troubled for that anymore, the contract was... generous.

"You did well"- said the performance director Son Seongduk- "Don't feel to uncomfortable with all of us, we're here to work together"

"Thank you"- I vowed again. I learned to do it very naturally, l took in the culture quite well... and I liked it.

"Your team is good. Tomorrow you'll meet them"- Mr. Bang was also getting ready to leave, but he stopped to hear what Seongduk-ssi was saying to me and took the chance to speak too- "Afterall, you have little time to finish the job, the kids and the music producers are working on the general feeling of the music so we'll work from that on. Get some sleep kid... you look terrible"- I look myself in the window, it was true, I had massive black bags under my eyes, just like Suga's the day before.

"I hope we can get along well"- Seongduk-ssi said and I vowed while he was leaving the room, as the new one I felt the responsability to clean the room and organize it well before leaving so I take my time to do it. After half an hour of silent work, I take my purse and walk throught the corridors. I liked the place, it wasn't too big, nor too small. Not new, not old. It had the kind of feeling of a place that had history... but not too much. I was too inmerse in the posters to realize someone was following me from behind.

"What's up?"- I hear at my back. A mini heart attack made me turn as quickly as I could. I faced Suga's revitalized image. Now we were on the opposite state- "Are you tired?"

"Yeah... kind of"- I yawned. My brain was almost shutting down by now, and that mini heart attack made me at least a year older- "Are you going to record?"

"We're working in a song with Jimin and Jungkook"- he said- "The vocals are kind of hard on this one so they have to work on it... Do you wanna see?"

"I can't... I have to go home and sleep a bit. I think I might fie if I don't... and I have to move out by noon the next day. - ohh I had forgotten about it...- "Tomorrow I have to move... God knows where"- I roll my eyes, I have to move out by noon the next day. I had forgotten I was still alone as my friends were still away so I had to do all the work by myself- "I got the notice a few weeks ago, but I haven't have time to think about it... guess I'll have to sleep under a bridge tomorrow"- I joke around.

"What?!"- Jimin's voice made me jump again. I notice I was right outside the recording booth. Jungkook and Jimin were in front of me by then- "What do you mean you got nowhere to go?"

"I don't know... I still haven't found a place"- I reply trying to step out of the situation. Neither Suga, nor Jungkook or Jimin had found my joke funny- "I guess I can stay a day or two with some friends... I'm not that worried about it, I have to get home and move in the mor..."

"Does my aunt knows?"- Jimin spurts without letting me end the sentece. I can see it in his eyes, he was about to suggest calling her.

"I can't rely on your aunt for this too... she already got me a job"- I say almost begging.- "please don't tell her..."

"... noona, are you ok?"- Jungkook said. My headache was getting worse, and their confrontation wasn't helping. I didn't want to make them worry about me, I don't know why I said anything in the first place.

"I just need to sleep... you guys should keep working on the song"- I answer trying to avoid his eyes. For some reason I feel the need to hide from him... he has that ability to see deep into you- "I'll see you tomorrow"

"Noona... don't avoid us"- J-hope got out of another room. Was all the team listening?- "We'll help"

"You have to work"- I arrange my outfit and try to leave, but a grip around my wrist stops me. I turn and see Jimin's eyes... so powerful, he dragged me back a few steps. I cannot begin to describe how it burned me... his gaze was hypnotizing.

"We'll go"- he said, his voice was lower than usual, more like an order than an offering. I was surprised, and so were the others... I couldn't say I knew him well, but for what I had saw... Jimin was always playfull and cute never this serious.

"Jiminnie... I can do it myself"- I try to take his hand out of my wrist, but he gets nearer... I can almost count his eyelashes.

"Auntie told me... you always try to solve everything on your own"- I feel burden by the closenest, I can't look anywhere but his face- "You're not alone, we're here too, you know? We'll go with you"

"Seriously kids, you have to work, I have to sleep. This won't bring me down"- I assure him trying to sound as convinced myself as I can. I finally shake his hand off- "Don't worry too much and get things done"- None of them liked it, but they let me go.

I go outside the building, another beautiful summer night in Seoul. I'm gratefull once again by the possiblity of staying... and now those kids that have invaded my life so fully... I'm greatful for them too.

I jumped in the last train home and hope to get as fast as I could, I felt like fainting right there. I didn't dare to close my eyes, as I knew I would fall asleep. I turn my phone on and try to go throught everything I've missed for the day. Thank God for Seoul's subway's internet service. Facebook... checked. Twitter... checked... Instagram, tumblr and pinterest... checked. I open gmail, and go through all the spam and the promotions, and then, in full capitals... I find the reply from my niece. I had totally forgotten about it. Date: yesterday.

WHAT THE ?! ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME? REALLY, ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME? No... really... are you kidding me? Did you meet them like... live?

Another mail 5 minutes later: Auntie... please answer... I can't call you right now. Please tell me something!

Another mail 2 hours later: I'm getting a heart attack here... why can't I reach your phone? I've been calling you since yesterday. Please! 

I opened my skype... It was true, for some reason my account was closen. I had over 30 calls from her. I called back hoping she was awake... I didn't have to wait long.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS?"- she yelled in spanish. It had been a while since I called her while I was out in the streets.

"My account was closen... how are you? you've been eating well?"- I say just for fun. People started looking at me, it happened when I spoke in spanish.

"... fine my "- she buzzed- "Is it true? are you working with them?"

"Yeap"- I smile to myself just imagining her rolling in her bed- "Officially since today at noon"

"You saw Kookie? Like one on one?"- her voice raised about three octaves- "Is he really...?"

"He's really handsome and well behaved... and intelligent... it scares me to think he's the youngest"- I know she's having a melt down in the other side of the phone, so I don't wait for her answer and continue.- "And... they are all nice guys... they came to see me at work last night and... today too, even when we haven't spent too much time together I fell like... they take care of me? somehow... I don't know how to explain it. It's not been three days since I met them and somehow I feel like they have my back. It's kind of weird but I feel like there's a link"- she isn't answearing so I keep going- "anyways... they are really nice to me... and...well I signed the contract, what else do I have to tell you?"

"EVERYTHING!... OMG! My aunt is working with BTS. I have now succeeded in life"

"I have succeeded... you need to work you to pay for the ticket to come visit your aunt AND to see the guys"- The smirk on my face solidify as she makes cute noises.

"I wanna goooooo!"- Aegyo was not her fortee but, she pulled it off quite nicely. I almost clunch... she was my weakness.

"How long for the semester to end?"

"I'm having finals this week already..."

"So you can be here next week?"- she lets out a little scream. I always like to have her here in Seoul, she has a nice life in Japan, but life can get so hectic while you work taht much... sometimes I know she needs vacations from her frenetic style of life. There's nothing better than seeing someone you love being happy, and I could now give it to her. She could now meet her idols... and Jungkook of course. What a fantasy!... Oh wait.. I've got no house- "Nana... it's better for you to come in a month or so... I've got to rent an apartment"

"What?! What happened to the basement?"

"I haven't told you about it but three days ago I thought I had to go back to Colombia... They literally saved my "- The train stopped in my station and while I walk I tell her the whole story. By the time I get home, we've already reached the agreement of her coming in two weeks. I wanted to see her so badly, it had been more than six months.

"I love you, call me when you find a house"- she said and then hanged. I went in the workshop and the view that welcomed me made me grieve a bit. I saw my whole life packed in those few boxes... it was kind of sad, to leave a place like that, but with everything onging on in my life, this was the less important matter.

I threw myself in the only sofa that wasn't wrapped with plastic and sucumb in delicious sleep. My stomach craves for food, but I'm too tired to be hungry... Had you ever felt so tired that you cannot remain awaken after laying down? Well, it's that kind of feeling.

I cannot remember the last time I slept like that, if I dreamed I cannot remember. I was too tired.

-----------------------------------------------

"Who...?"- I wake up with the loud noise of my door bell. I feel like a train had passed over my body, it aches all over...

"Nooooonaaaa!!"- I recognize the voice inmediately.

"V?!"- I almost fell off the coach- "What the hell?"- I stumble my way to the door and open up just enough to make sure he was the one. V was standing radiantly with a venti cup of coffee and a package.

"Good morning noona!"- he screamed energetically- "I brought the bitter coffee you like and some donuts"- I cannot process the reason why V was standing so early in the morning on front of my workshop's door, but I was seriously thankful for the food. 

"V... what are you doing here?"- I ask yawning almost too surprise to realize it was true- "It's not 7 in the morning yet... shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"We came to help you moving out"- We?... I slowly step outside the door to see Suga lained on the hall's wall and a few steps from him, J-hope and Rapmon.

"Ohh...."- I'm amazed by the fact that they knew where I lived- "How did you know were I live?"- It's the only question that I manage to make, too shocked to believe it.

"We came to leave you and your japanesse friend some time ago, after the birthday party"- Jungkook's voice startle me even more. I see further into the hall and realized all BTS was there- "We were drunk but not like you"

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry... why did you came?"- I ask in my sleep induced state, I realized I was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, as I didn't have the oportunity to change into pajamas. My hair was a mess, and I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet.

"We'll help you move"- V smiled his characteristic squared smile.

"I've got nowhere to move to... I'll just contract a storage service and they'll come for my stuff, you didn't have to come"- I just wanted to run inside and have 5 minutes to change into something more fitting... I looked like a bum.

"We found you a place"- Jimin's voice resonated in the space. Adding to my zombified state, I thought I was hearing wrong- "well not us... Bang-PDnim did"

"Are you gonna let us in?"- Jin approached.

"What..."

"Noona, you're so slow... wake up already"- Jungkook scolded while he entered my now emptied house, all of them followed closely. I stood by the door.

"Suga-hyung called PD-nim yesterday after you left"- Jimin explained elbowing Jungkook- "You'll have to fit in with our manager and two other staff members, but you'll have your own room"

"Suga..."- I look at the rose golden haired.

"It wasn't my idea... Jimin..."- Suga started but Jimin elbowed him too. I was trying to process the situation, but it was just too foreign to accept. This kids... It hadn't been more than a week since we met and they... 

"Our dorm is in the same building"- J-hope continued- "So, we're gonna live together!"

"... you guys... why are you so nice to me? why would you go to such trouble to help someone you just met?"

"It's because I like you"- V smile- "The others like you too, but I like you better"

"Why...?"

"Because you are cute and nice, and you helped Jimi..."- this time Jimin stood up and kicked V.

"Shut up"- he menanced. The silence in the room extended by a few seconds, but Rapmon stood up quickly and clapped three times.

"Ok, let's go!"- he said. The others stood too- "Noona take breakfast and we'll take this boxes to the van"- Rapmon then got up and the others did too. I was way too swoon for words to form in my mouth. I just silently did what they said.

They were all so nice, so caring... but, my eyes could only follow Jimin. He was... different from the others. How to explain? 

While they were moving all the boxes chit chatting between them I could only observe Jimin very carefully. There was something that bothered me about his actions, but he was just too cute to be completely worried about it. I detail his movements. He had a solid body... maybe too solid from what I had seen in some videos, and adding that baby face... it's not fair for people like him to exist. Of course, as he had said before, he wasn't all appearence, but it had to be mentioned. He was cute, his every movement... but it was kind of manly too? not easy to explain. Actually, I shouldn't be thinking about it.

On the other hand, and even when I hadn't had the opportunity to meet him profoundly, it was obvious he was raised very well. All of them were, but Jimin, he was just the nicest kind of person. He was always demostrating his affection towards his hyungs and his dongsaeng, he offered things to them and was always looking forward to being proactive for other people. So reliable in so many ways... he looked younger, but he acted like someone a few years older than his age.

But what made me more restless was the fact that... Maybe I was over analizing things... but he was always the one trying to give me a hand and help me... whenever I needed it. He was going so out of his way to help me.

"Noona, you should have breakfast as Rapmon-hyung said"- J-hope sat besides me while the others ended the job-."have you been taking care of your health? You look pale and thinner than before"

"J-hope..."

"Please call me Hoseok... I like to be called by my real name"

"Hoseok... can I ask you something?"- he nooded- "it's about Jimin..."

"Oh..."- he sighed and directed his eyes to the younger one- "are you curious about him?"

"Yeah... he's... weird? I mean around me. I feel like he's not telling me something"

"Indeed"- he smiled- "you are very keen"

"What is it?"- the sudden almost-confession made something in my veins plump.

"He'll tell you... someday I hope"

-------------------------------------

I'm sorry for taking so long with this chapter but I had write a lot of things going on in my life right now... As always, thank you for taking your time to read this...

Fangirl corner:

As you might have noticed... I like Jimin very much and as a celebration of the new BTS m/v I just want to... spam his gorgeous, amazing and y red hair... I can't begin to explain how much I liked it and... it was soooooo unexpected... Specially because the day his teaser was released I was diying my hair fuccia. I almost died! I'm just happy.