The sun

One more day

Jimin didn't speak much after telling me the story, out of shame or maybe because he had nothing else to say... I don't really know. It doesn't matter anyways. What's really important is that heAll I can assure is that he never left my side, not for a minute untill we were directed to Nana's recovery room. As soon as he entered the room, his smile lit like a bonfire. He is Bangtansonyeondan's Jimin, he will always greet a fan with a smile... and I couldn't be more greatful for it. In fact, the nurse almost kicked us out after Jimin started spilling Jungkook's secrets and my niece started letting out little cries, being too excited about it. After visitor hours ran out, I had a word with the doctor that convinced me that she just needed to stay the night to determine how the surgery went, and that it was probable she'd be discharged tomorrow noon.

From there on, it was Jimin and I again. Of course, it didn't last long. Hobeom-oppa called and demanded for us to take a cab so Jimin could get to the dorms before the next schedule. Thank God the cab wasn't stopped by any red light, and I got to fill up some time with the long distance call to calm down my upset sister. After that, we couldn't do anything more that stare at each other. It was kind of awkward because we didn't wanna talk about it, so I couldn't be happier when my phone started ringing in my pocket.

"Takuya?!"- I answer happily.

"Damn girl... I've been trying to call you for the last hour"- he sounded preocupaid- "How is she?"- I wrote a messege for him while waiting for the surgery to be done.

"She's fine... "- He's known Nana from long ago too, sometimes he took care of her in Tokyo, and I was thankfull for it. But right now, I'm even more thankfull by the fact that he's the perfect excuse to look away from Jimin. I end up consuming the minutes left to arrive just by talking to him. It has been a week since we last saw each other and it was torture not to talk to him for so long. 

During my entire conversation with Takuya, I tried very hard not to make Jimin uncomfortable and I turned to see him from time to time. He seemed very distracted with the blurring lines of traffic. I knew, he was feeling uncomfortable with what he had told me, and it was more than obvious he didn't want me to mention it either. On the other hand, I myself, have no idea how to react. All I could do for now is try to avoid the topic and... process what I'm feeling. Tha's exactly why, I feel happier than I should be when Takuya says goodbye and the cab inmediatly parks outside our building, Jimin being almost dragged out by an anxious Rapmon.

"I'm sorry noona, I should've been there too"- Rapmon mumbles shaking Jimin's arm for him to get out of the cab.

"Don't worry Namjoonie, it's ok"- I smile at him whole-heartly. I get out of the cab after Jimin and see Jin and Jungkook running to meet me, against Hobeom-oppa's will of course.

"She's fine, I'll call you if anything happens"- I say to them. Jin breathes out to relax himself while Jungkook seems not to be convinced by my words.  Jimin's hand is ripped out my grip by Rapmon's pull and I feel... alone. For the first time in the day, the cold air makes it's way up my sleeve- "Go to your schedule and... I'll tell you everything later. Thank you all for your concern".

"Thank you, for staying with me through it all"- he noods and waves while getting in the van. I wave back to all off them and wait till the van is out of sight. 

I walk slowly through the little park outside our building, feeling the fresh air of spring. God... I cannot get Jimin out of my mind. He hasn't slept, he hasn't eaten either... I'm such a bad noona. I should've at least invitated her to grab something to eat while in the hospital. But in my favor, it was so hectic that  we didn't get hungry or sleepy.

I cannot help myself from replaying the whole action-melodramatic-horror movie that my day was. In less than 24 hours, all those things have happened and Jimin was there, by mi side, all a long. Even now, that clinging banging of my heart against my chest it, still makes me dizzy. The memory is just too fresh... his flushed cheeks and the tone of his voice humming "The sun".

I remember being very into Maroon 5 when I got to Korea, and The sun was my favorite out of their songs. I wonder if it happens to other people, that you relate the situation you are in with the song. So deeply that it's imprinted by it. I think I should explain it. In a matter of a fact, the first time I heared that song I was in New York. I was having hot chocolate after a way too long raining evening running errands for my boss. It was cold and I was completly soaked, but the minute that song started paying, I fell in love with it and forgot everything around me. It was the song and I, and my chocolate. For instance, The sun ended up smelling like chocolate and warm feeling like warm moist in my skin.

I used to sing it in Hongdae just because it had a very vintage-foreigner feel and it was really welcomed by the people that stopped due to my misterious aura and the slight british of my accent. But I guess that day in specific, the day Jimin saw me for the first time, might have been a really terrible one. I didn't really enjoyed singing in the middle of subway stations, especially because it was too noisy with all the trains going by and everything... and of course, people would just pass by without waiting, they were heading to work or to school and time was not to be wasted. So I guess I ended up playing the guitar and singing out of pure desperation and not for money. Just because I needed a way out of whatever I could've been through. To be honest, there were more days like that than there were not and my memory it's quite terrible to recall bad times.

At that time, I was unemployeed, crashing with different friends from week to week... peniless. But those problems were the best way of making me want to succeed even more. It's not like I am an optimist or that I work hard for some kind of accomplish sense, it's nothing noble like that... it's out of pure stubbornness. I couldn't just fail after leaving everything behind, I could handdle hunger and loads of trouble, pain and other things. The only thing I didn't want to do was to admit defeat, I couldn't go back home to live out of my parents anymore. At my 23 years of life, I HAD to make it so my ego wouldn't be damaged irreparably. My stubbornness made me go on and on, and that's what the song ment for me: I had walked too much, I refuse to regret what I lived when I was so close to my dream.

That was it, untill now. Right now, The sun smells completly different. It doesn't smell like chocolate anymore. Now, it smells like fresh honey cologne, it smells of damp sweet sweat lingering on his temples. It smeels like Jimin... 

As I shake the cold metal of my keys in the air, I try to calm down and think about it more rationtaly.

I had been flustered by him before, it's not the first time... although, it does feel a little different. No, wait. Let's just take a minute to analize it. First: He is an idol. Therefore, he knows how to get to people's feelings, particularly girls. He knows what is that makes him look good. A wink here and there, a flip of his hair in the right direction, a pick of his tongue and a slight lip , a deep eye smile, a y look to the camera, a heart thrown to the public or a tipical fluff failed aegyo... conclusion: it's very easy for him. So how was today different? He just worked his magic... being all cute and... all...

Ahh... Truth to be told, I'm trying too hard to explain it. Truth to be told, I'm not even near to explain why I was so touched by his story. Truth to be told, I should just let it be. I should just accept the fact that today I got to see...  the genuine Jimin, his true nature. I saw the young and the adult, the vulnerable and the dependable, I saw the courageous and the coward. I saw all. In just a day, I saw them all.

It was kind of ovewhelming to meet him like that, especially after all those weeks where, I thought I got to know all of them. I already had a rough sketch of their characters, and before today, I thought of myself as a really good character builder. Well... after today, I might have to start all over again. 

After sorting out some of my feelings and getting in front of the apartment door I decide to get in my room to try to sleep. However, the adrenaline in my veins remains intact and prevents me from do it right away. My mind flies away to the office. I had too much work to do...  and thinking about it, after my niece's surgery, I would need to be able to spend more time at home, to take care of her. Plus, the visual production team had a little less than 5 weeks to produce the album for printing and every second was vital for the success of it. It couldn't be stopped just because I was having a family emergency. Work had to be done, and I should pull an all nighter to lessen the work load of the team this week, so this is all I need to put my clothes back on and , head back to the office to prepare the schedule for next week and maybe to advance a little with the sketches for the styles of the kids for the jacket session that's coming ahead. I should also start looking for some locations for it.... 

I'm actually getting used to the sight of Big Hit's building at night... even the guards know me by now, so they don't ask any questions and they even hit the right botton of the elevator without me asking for it. The floor is silent even when some people remains in their cubiculs. I can recognize someone of public relations and someone of the accountment seccion... they work really hard behind scenes.

As I open the door of the large studio I've been living in, the odor of various glues, textiles and markers leaves the enclousement and hits me directly on the nose. I know we've been too long in the same place, but it's just ridiculous. How a room can be this messy? I imagine the face my mom would pull at me if she sees my workspace... So before anything, I head to clean right away. It takes me two whole hours to close each lid of every glue, every marker and to organize all the sketches we've done so far. It's really annoying it got to the point were I let that kind of disorder take over work.

Finally, I sit down in the large room with a white paper and pencil on hand. But first, I need a very important thing for the design process. I turn on the computer and search for the second draft track of the new album (that had been decided to be the title song) and get to work. It's actually the first time I'm listening to it, since it was programmed for the whole Visual production team to hear it together after the little vacations.

Damn... this song is very good, very different from what they've released untill now. The reaping feelings and the pain of unrequired/ending love displayed in the lyrics and in their voices... it's so well pictured that I can only think of how the kids got the right emotion to sing it. They should've been through really deep heartache at some point of their lifes, since it's not the tipical drama producted story, but more like a out-hearted confession of lost.

I rest my forehead on the table as I listen one more time to the song... I really hope they can get first place this time. Especially because I've heared them talking about it from time to time in the halls. They really wish for it to happen. They really deserve it, and I'm gonna do everything in my power to help them.

Without any other thought, I get to work.

________________________

"I knew I'd find you here"- It's the first thing I hear as soon as I wake up. The studio is filled with crumbled papers and pencil shavings, just as dirty as it was the day before. My eyes opens to an all up sun pointing it's radiant sunshines directly at me.

"The sun..."- my hoarse voice creeps me a little before realizing who was by my side.

"Jimin called me... why didn't you contact me?"- she raises her voice- "And you are here, working, after your niece had surgery yesterday... I knew you were a workaholic, but this is developing into a serious illness"

"Seonsaengnim, you aren't my mother"- I look at the my reflexion in the window trying to fix my hair to it's normal state, but it's just impossible after sleeping in the possition I had. I don't think I've been asleep for more than two hours, as now I can see the sun it's just starting to rise.

"But I'm kind of like family you know?"- she says- "I ate with your family a lot of times too, I know your niece"- I didn't remember. Seunghyun had indeed met my niece before. I had taken her to dinner with my family...

"She's fine"

"She had surgery"

"She's fine"- I cannot believe my own calm behavior after yesterday's total break down. But I was sure she was, or the hospital would've called me right the way.

"She's gonna be staying at my house for her recovery"

"She's not"- I say automatically.

"Are you gonna let her alone all day while you are here working like a damn slave?"- she has a point. I did think about how I was supposed to manage her recuperation while I was so busy...

"mmm"- I hum.

"You haven't gotten anyone else here..."- I think of Takuya but she slaps the top of my head getting me out of dreamland -"that can take care of her"- another point.

"Ahhh... I cannot think without coffee"- my eyelids are heavy and I feel like going to sleep once again- "You come here, disturb the first deep sleep after a week and storm out all this questions... I cannot think without coffee!"

"Well, at least I see it was a productive night"- she lifts the sketches I did- "I taught you well, they are really good."

"Just gimme coffee"- I growl inmediately feeling another punch to my head- "... please. You can evaluate me later Seongsaengnim"- the sarcasm makes her hit me again. 

We walk down the street to the only coffee shop near enough for me to resist without fainting. I feel consumed, exhausted and drained (yes, they are all different feelings) and every single muscle aches as if I had been in a marathon. Of course, I haven't eaten in more than a day and the only thing that went through my mouth the day before was the incomplete coffee I had with my niece before the whole conmotion started. I sit in the nearest to the exit table and Seunghyun goes to the counter. 

"Let's settle this right now"- she says handing me a big dark coffee mug and a jam and chesse sandwich (which I deeply appreciate)- "She's gonna stay with me whether you like it or not"

"... ok"- I agree. I'm not in the mood to fight her and... I would actully appreciate her help a lot. Weeks ago I might have refused severely but... right now... as I had recognized to Jimin, I needed support, I needed help. She seemed a little surprised that I didn't put up an allegation or two, but accepted it none the less.

"And you'll be coming with her for at least a week untill she can walk out by her own means"- Once again I couldn't refuse. I have to take care of my niece, so I nood as a reply. I grab my sandwich and give it a big bite. It tastes like heaven- "Now moving on to another issue..."- she sips her latte- "I've been watching you and you are loosing too much weight. Have you been eating and exercising well?"- Of course I haven't, for Christ sake I haven't even been sleeping- "... I thought so"- she sips again and sighs afterwards- "I talked to Shi Hyukie..."

"You what?!"- I jump out of my sit. The other costumers and the employees of the caffe were all looking at me. She couldn't have done it, she couldn't have talked about my health to the PD that had given me the incredible chance to work on my dreamed field...

"Shut up!"- she yelled back pulling me into the sit again- "I talked to him because not only me, also Jim... the kids were worried"- I distinguish the name between her studdle- "Of course I wouldn't just sit there. He's preocupaid too, you have shown great advances, but you seem to have a lack of responsability for yourself. Look at you! You were actually working in your only day off!"- she sighs again but continues inmediatly so I cannot reply- "Shi Hyukie says you have to go through weekly medical checks and you'll have to undergo training in Big hit's gym. You have to take care of yourself, or we'll do it for you..."- I couldn't care less of anything else. The slip of his name made my heart skip a beat.

"Jimin talked to you about my weight loss?... How did he notice?... no, wait... more importantly, do you and Jimin discuss things about me?"- she tries to avoid my eyes, but she's as bad as a liar as I am- "Wait... did you know? About Jimin knowing me?- I'm not stupid, I can connect dots. She already about it and that can only mean she was deliveratly trying to hide it from me.

"Jiminnie told me about the guitar girl, but I didn't know it was you untill the day you signed the contract"- she confessed- "At first he was genualy upset about the fact that I knew you... of course, the tease was fun for me, but when he started to open up. I couldn't stop myself from utter everything I knew about you."

"You've been talking about me?"- this time my voice comes out like a hiss- "What...?"

"I don't know"- she stays comfortable in her sit while my eyes almost pops out their orbits- "Everything. From when I met you till you graduated, that you were chubby before, the time we got so drunk the day before the presentation of the project that you had to do it for me..."- she sees my tremble and laughs it off- "Don't think badly of it, it's just that he really likes you and he's worried about you..."

"Seongsaengnim... this is not normal. I though he was just interested in me as the "guitar girl", but this..."- the deep of my fears starts to flood my mind- "This sounds rather... like he likes me"

"It's fine... he's just crushing on you"- she smiles warmly- "It's so cute. I think it's the first time I see him like this. He get's all red when I talk about you... You should see him! He fanboys so bad over you..."- I feel the now recurring dying feeling over me. What was she talking about?- "It's the first time he's liked a girl this much"

"Is it funny to you? Cause I cannot find the fun in it"- I'm trying to digest what she blurted out so easily. It cannot be... it's not true... is it?- "Seongsaengnim... he's five years younger... he's a kid. You are not really happy about this... are you?"

"It's fine. He needs to feel like this to grow up"- she says- "and it's not like you are going to date him or anything. It's harmless, and I know that after a few months he's gonna fall out of love, just seeing you crashing hard in the floor with saliva all over your sketches... it's not gonna be attractive at all. I'm not saying you are not pretty... well your character is the deal-breaker in this situations. Do you remember the other kid? The one you did the first project with? Poor little kid, he was amused by your big honey eyes and your red lips and then... You worked him to death, he was massacred by Stefany, the dictator, Pinzón. It was really fun to look at"- It leaves me open mouthed. Was she actually suggesting me to tag along with this? To take it as a game and encourage it to continue untill he gets disapointed of me? I didn't now what to do with the pain that was developing in a corner of my heart. The multiple times he had smiled, talked... touch me replays over and over and... it's way too obvious. Am I and idiot??? After all... AM I A FREAKING IDIOT???!!- " He's gonna see all your flaws now that you have to start following them like a little dog. You do realize that you'll have to be in every live performance, every fan meeting and concert from here on, don't you? He's gonna see the real you sooner and later and that's gonna be it"

"I can't..."

"So what are you gonna do about it?"- she sips again. I have long forgotten the now cold mug in front of me and the half eaten sandwich- "Are you gonna break his heart?"- she looks deeply into my eyes. I was perplexed, I didn't know how to react or what to say. How am I supossed to handle this? How can I work with him after hearing this from his own blood? How was I supposed to act like an adult? Should I just turn my head to the other side and pretend I don't know? Should I let him feel... and... just ignore what I...- "He's just a kid that like his noona too much. You are the adult so just be sure handle it without hurting him. Don't worry too much about it. Finish your breakfast, lets get Nana out of the hospital and get your things to my house... We have a long day ahead"

_________________________

Ok, I got a little too excited writting this chapter and decided to publish it right the way. Two days!! That's gotta be some kind of record for me!! So... please spare my horrible redaction and the lack of continuity XD. As always, thank you for taking your time to read and I really appreciate any comment you make. It really encourages me to keep writting. To all new and old subscribers: 감사합니다!!! 

Fangirl corner:

Forget Yoongi... have you girls noticed who is the new sleeping beauty? 

     

     

Hoseok, just let him sleep for Christ sake!!!