Beginning

One more day

By 6 in the afternoon, I was in the workshop. Eunji went in a trip over to Busan (she was going to beg her parents for allowence money to rent something in Seoul), Takuya and Daniel headed to Tokyo for shopping, and I was just left alone in the floor to end up packing my stuff. It was kind of sad, leaving the place I had been living for so much time, and of course, there was still the problem of where was I going to move to, but I had hope everything was going to work somehow.

I sighed heavily. I knew that if I had called Seunghyun and told her about my living situation, she would've let me stayed in her house, but I wanted to find a way on my own...

"This ego og yours..."- I remember perfectly her words in my head as I pack the last box and get ready for my part time at the bar. I was not going to leave my jobs untill everything was settled for good, and I wasn't sure of what I was supposed to do. I had read the contract, several times, but I was not sure I could satisfy the expectations everyone had put on me. 

Even when the contract was even better than I had thought, I had very specific tasks to achive and I had a really long list of people under me. There was that and the excesive workload I would handle for the first three months of work. I was sure if I got time to sleep everyday it would be a miracle. Not that I wasn't used to it by now, but this was a little too much. Actually, after reading the contract throughtfully, I noticed that I wouldn't have a life beside this job. in the other side... this could be the closest to the work in the field I had dreamed of I could ever be. And to have it with such an ease... it might be better to sacrifice a lot for this proffesional chance. I was lucky... should I say?

With the tunderstorm in my head, I walked down the same street and go down stairs to the little bar in one of the hipster roads in Hongdae. I secretly liked this job, it was nice to be the only sober person in the room, and on top of that, the one that controled who drinked what, and when to send people home. I work in this club because it's somehow quiet and it has regulars, so I knew most fo them. But this night was specially busy, people pilled up to go in the bar and I had to split to meet the demand of drinks. Even when I was hired as a bartender tonight I had to do double work and serve as a waitress too. And that's how, after a two good hours of frenezy, my limited paciente runs out and I explote.

"Why is it so freaking full today?!"- I ask to my cooworker not expecting him to answer back, but he does.

"It seems there's some celebrities in the V.I.P section"- he says- "they've been going to the dance floor and had attracted quite a crowd"- A little lightbulb lights up in my brain, somehow, I know the celebrities behind my terrible night. I scratch my head violently.

"Can you cover me for a while?"- I ask, he nods and while I make an excellent scape behind the bar, he yells to make sure I'll take only 5 minutes. It takes every skill of my trained body to go through all the people on the dance floor to get to the front of the VIP area. I slid through security with a little help of one my friends in the row and get to the golden paint walled room- "YOU!"- I point to the guys that were sitting happily in the coaches- "Why didn't you use your disguesse?"

"We came to see you noona"- Jimin say and all of them smirked. I almost fainted. They were not only looking favoluosly produced but also drinking alcohol... even Jungkook!

"You are making my life a mess, you know kids?"- I aproach them and V's cheeks. I take my chance to take the three bottles of different drinks and hear a unisone bluff - "you know Noona isn't here to have fun, do you? I have to go down stairs and work. And you are not making it easier for NOONA."

"Noona come to play a little"- V grabbed my waist and hugged it cutely trying to retrieve on of the bottles in my hands. 

"I still have a four hour shift to end. Could you just stay in this area and let the people settle a bit. Get sober and then we can have fun, ok?"- I say exasperated shaking V's hug. 

Somehow, they listened to my words because after a few hours, the other people started to leave the place. After 12 o'clock It was just a normal thursday night. At three in the morning, I change back to my normal clothes and go up to the VIP area. I take a good amount of air in my lunghs and hope that I get some sleep that nigh. I hesitate a little after finally going in. 

I search the place and my eyes focus in the sofa they were a few hours later, but now they were spread in the wide VIP area. V, Suga and Jin had fallen asleep in two coaches, Rapmon and Jungkook were very into their music apart from everyone in a corner and Jimin and J-hope were dancing and jumping in another sofa.

"Why did you came?"- I ask sighing at the pintoresque view- "I was going to see you tomorrow... or should I say today?"

"We wanted to make sure you had signed the contract"- said Rapmon shaking Jungkook and taking away the mp3.

"I..."- I hesitate a little after seeing their expressions of hope. 

"Noona!"- J-hope screamed. He woke up the other three- "Where are you going to sign it?"

"I..."- V threw his arms around me as soon as he opened his eyes. How could he be so tall? Or maybe it was me that was too short- "I guess I have to get used to this from here on"- I say hugging back- "I doubt I'm gonna have too much trouble with that"

"I'm sorry, I know people doesn't like my overly compulsive skinship"

"It's ok"- I pat his head. 

"You should be sleeping by now"- I say, I walk to Suga and to Jin to help them get up- "I know you guys are tired, you should sleep more if you are looking for having a good promotion this time"

"And now you are talking like a PD"- Jin smiled.

"It's true, yesterday you didn't sleep and you came here without thinking"- I give Jungkook a hand for him to support himself and get up too- "Come on kids, lets go"- I make them wear their masks and guide them out of the bar with help of the security team, by that time most of the people inside the bar was pretty much stumbling their ay to the bathrooms. I say my goodbyes to the owner and head out. The night was nice and fresh, even for summer.The streets of Hongdae were full of people and it was more than easy to mix in the crowd, but I just couldn't believe they could walk so freely, without their managers and at that advance stage of the night.

"I'm hungry noona"- Jungkook said.

"I'm not your babysitter"- I answer sourly, but of course, I couldn't say no to those overly big eyes request- "I have a hobae with a ttekbokki stand a few blocks away"- he smiled widely, and the others behind him. If I had a weak point I was figuring, it was those kids- "But after that I'm taking you home"

We walk a few blocks more and they behave good enough, just paying attention to the tents on the streets and never leaving my side. I'm suprised on how people just go by them, even when they were obviously not one of the crowd.

"Ok, wait here"- I make them sit in the nearest park of my friend's food stant- "I need someone to come with me to help me bring the food"- Jimin stood up.

"I'll help you"- he said quickly, not waiting for the others to respond. He gets by my side and smile his characteristic crecent eye smile. Somehow I identify Seunghyun's features on him. She was had the same baby face, the same fat around her eyes... of course they were family. He followed me with the same grin in his face. As soon as I get to the stant my friend made space for cooking the ten shares of tteokbokki I asked for and some kkochi Eomuk.

"So... you lived in Colombia with my aunt?"- he asks out of curiosity, we lean in a wall near the stant. I wasn't expecting him to talk to me so freely, specially after our first encounter the day before. Afterall, I felt Jimin was the least interested in me- "How was it like? I always wondered how she lived so far away from here"

"We didn't live together... although sometimes I felt like we did"- I say remembering the times I didn't get to go home when we were in the middle of a project development- "she was my teacher when I was in university and.. what are you curious about?"

"Like the food and the people"- he says-"She didn't tell me much about her travel adventures"

"We had no adventures"- I answer- "It was rather a normal life, the food it's quite similar to what we eat here just... latin? and the people... well we are different in a lot of ways, but the same in some others. Does it make any sense to you?"- I ask looking at him, but his expression didn't change much. Maybe he understood?-" With your aunt... I worked a lot, she took me under her wing from the beginning of my carrer but she was tough... really tough. That why I just can't believe how I ended up with my worst nightmare's nephew- who is an adored idol- having tteokbokki at 3 a.m in the morning"

"Do you hate her?"- I look at his almost hurt expression by my worst nightmare commentary.

"No"- I say sincerly- "She has a lot to do with my passion over design. She made sure I learned what I had to, to become who I am now. Thanks to her I got this chance too.. It's just that... I can't seem to remember anything but working under her while I was in university. You might not believe this but... I haven't had a boyfriend since my teens"

"REALLY?!"- he yells making some pedestrians look at us.

"Yeah... She's a monster"- I say laughing- "And I was her personal slave. I had no time for friends or anything different of my family"

"I'm sorry..."- he mumbles.

"I don't regret a thing"- I say rumbling his hair parting it in the middle, I can't help to find him beautiful. 

"She likes you though"-Jimin said arraging his bangs back to normal.- "My aunt, she always talks about you when we meet. I remember every time she came back for holidays, she would talk about this perfect student she had"

"Really? There was a time I thought she hated me"- I giggle- "She's a work machine, the Park blood had made trembled a lot of colombian designers, you can be sure about that"- he laughs loudly at the statement- "She fangirls over you too."- I state.

"I know..."- he passed his hand over his locks- "She's always been that kind of aunt"

"I'm an aunt too"- I confess- "I fangirl over my niece. I have a photo somewhere in my phone.. she's nice and very intelligent. She has a scholarship in Japan and she..."- I notice Jimin's smile widening- "See? I'm doing it again..."

"You are cute"- he blurts. I feel how my face heats up a few degrees out of shame- "Is she as cute?"

"She's better, AND she's young... but you have no chance"- I look sideways hoping to take a look on what the other guys are doing in the park. Jungkook was sitting in one of the swings. I can only imagine my niece's reaction to the man she's so in love with sitting in a swing in the park eating tteokbokki with her aunt- "She likes Jeon Jungkook"- I state smirking devishly. He pouts- "Don't worry, you are very cute too"

"I'm 95'er"- I don't look at him as my friend passes over the trades full of food- "and I'm a guy, I really don't want to hear I'm cute"

"Then you are handsome"- I shake my head while laughing. I wasn't lying, he was handsome. He had full lips, dark slanted eyes, a sharp jawline and a smile that could make the traffic stop. But none the less, he was still a kid- "Hold this"- I pass the trades of food to him- "We should go back, it's already late"- I just feel his hand stopping me suddenly, I almost drop the food I was carring

"I'm not just a pretty face"- he looked into my eyes. I feel electricity running over my entire body. Of course he isn't just a pretty face, I know, none of them are. This kids were the most courageous in earth, they had sacrificed their teens for their dreams... of course they weren't just pretty faces. They have worked more than anyone at their age and the results were obvious. Not just Jimin, but all of them had that aura in them, even when doing goofy stuff, you could feel they had something that made them different, apart from the other mortals. But him... he had something very special, I could only see it in his intense gaze. 

"I know"- he looks into my eyes- "I admire you..."- even when he was the shortest out of them all, I was even shorter than him and for some reason in that moment, he looked manlier than ever before- "but you have to get some sleep kid, you live out of that face"

"I'm not a kid either"- he remarks, but he lets a little smile trap his lips.

"I'm 5 years older Jimin-ah, you are a kid for me"- I say as serious as he is- "I've eaten 4569 bowls of rice more than you"- and then I smile fully, trying to leave the heavy atmosphere there. Fortunatly, he replies my smile and then with nothing more in our mouths than food, we started walking back to the park.

"Noona! I was dying of hunger!"- Jungkook jumped out of the swing.

Under the summer moon, in the early morning, we ate tteokbokki and kkochi Eomuk. 

I had the time to apreciate my new life, was it going to be like this? I knew, if I signed the contract, I would be so inmerse in work that I would have almost not time to enjoy free time. It was amazing that even when we hardly knew each other they took time off their own hellish schedules to come check on me, they were really good kids. I was the kind of person that took in mind those little actions and remember forever. Just looking at them having a meal made me sincerly happy. I keep my cool just for to mantain the little dignity I had in front of them (after my little drunken act of a month ago that I'm still trying to remember) and, as promised, I take them back to their dorms after we finish eating.

"Please sign the contract"- Suga raised his voice while I was walking back to the train station, by now the morning trains were already active. I look up to their apartment and see them almost hanging from the windows waving as hard as they could. I waved back while going in the train station.

It was... different. Since I got to Seoul I had been working, always doing stuff, always busy... but I haf to admit, I kinda felt alone, even when I had tons of people around. When I was in Colombia, I had a big family. One thing you have to understand of a big latin family... there's always drama, there's always fights and hurting, but there's always big amounts of love and worry for each other. There's always someone nosing whatever you are doing, you are not an idependent person with a big family in your hometown, but I loved my disfunctional family, and that's why I miss them so much.

Hanging around Bangtan boys... they had that big family feeling. I had the feeling I was taking care of my nieces and nephews all over again, and at the same time I felt they were taking care of me too.

By dawm I returned to my now emptied workshop and sat in front of the solitary bed surrounded by cold boxes with the folder that held my dreams and aspirations. I had done everything in my power to reject this... but it was just too perfect for me. In a rush of adrenaline I call Seunhyung and accept the task, and after a lot of curses for waking her so early in the morning she yelled to send the signed contract over to Big Hit by express mail and to put my in the office at noon. With that, I had sold my soul for the next six months, but for some unknown reason I felt that it was the best thing I had done in my life so far.

________________________________

Thank you for reading! Work is going to start... from this point forward she'll be surrounded by BTS. And her niece is going to make an special apperance. Let's hope everything goes well. XOXO

Fangirl corner:

Family? More like a pile of kids.