me0wvsfiq

Jungkook Oneshot Requests ~ OPEN [READ RULES BEFORE REQUESTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Badassery Of Love At First Sight

Pairing: SugaKookie/YoonKook/SyubKook

Author: sugarcookies

Genre, Plot Notes: Fluffy (That may turn out as not for kids, eventually) HS!au; BadassSenior!Yoongi (+strong sideship 95z: as requested); ~4k words.

Requested by: me0wvsfiq

A/N: Hi there~ I've been out for long! But do not worry, I'm going to have another update in a few days because I really miss writing! I'm even planning- and working on- a sequel of "Of Dreaming and Quantum Physics" aka SGJK step-bros AU as well as a properly written, lengthy, eloquent version of "Wake Me Up When August Ends" aka PD!SG and Manager!JK;;;;

This one-shot is really experimental. I'm trying something that I have never done in all my write-ups. Frankly, I want to get better at it. I want to share the feeling of sinning to all of you *maniacal laughter* I also apologize if I don't follow the order of requests that come in. More than a first-come-first-served rule, I'd rather prioritize on writing good fics for you guys instead of bullting my way through. Our mission in this requests shop is to make you guys enjoy your Kookie ships, in the first place! :* That's all for this time! I'll be back soon!
 

-sugarcookies

 

Don't even dare look to his direction.

Yesterday he beat up all of the Basketball Club.

Those ing rumors need to stop, Min Yoongi muses. He rubs circles on his temples to try to remain calm, but his buddies across his desk aren't helping even a bit. He growls at Jung Hoseok's annoying face. It does no effect on him (and Kim Namjoon who covers his face to prevent bursting out), but the other kids in their classroom turn silent, rushing to their own desks afraid of the Min Yoongi.

Yoongi explains the truth behind the rumors.

The basketball club wants the genius point guard from Daegu back in their team. Yoongi decided to quit in his second year despite being a starting player who sets up plays like clockwork. He was the reason behind the championship for their school for two seasons. He was the golden egg who kept on receiving meeting invitations from university scouts here and there, yet he quit to focus on an audition he's aiming for. 

"Yoongi-hyung, please. Just this last season and we'll let you off. You don't even have to go to practice. Just be there when a match is on, and we're good. We need you and your expertise on this." The sweaty captain pressed on Yoongi's shoulder. The two of them used to be very good friends, that Yoongi doesn't really mind the contact.

The genius shook his head and pulled away his old friend's hand. "I played with you guys for a long time, I know you are all talented enough to get the cup without my help." Yoongi continues with his gummy smile, "I really want to win 'Hit It' and I have no time to waste." 

Yoongi couldn't remember, maybe it was one of the second string players who landed a strong jab on his jaw. He believes he was completely civilized when he was talking to the captain, despite the latter being a dongsaeng for a year. He the blood on his lower lip and internally grumbles on how it would hurt to eat ramen until it heals.

"A waste? You think basketball is a waste of time? I don't care if you're a genius and all that , but you cannot talk to the captain just like that! He's worked harder than you! He gave up his position as point guard because he had faith in you! He believed that you're the hope of the team! Now you're all ing about leaving the club for that ty audition!"

Namjoon hums, tapping Yoongi's desk with two fingers, "I understand how you feel, hyung. Of course you'd get riled up by that. I might've done worse if I was in your shoes." It's a statement to which the now serious Hoseok, listening with brows furrowed, agrees.

"But really, I didn't beat them all up! I tried to get back at that second string guy, but Changhyun and the other starters held me away."

Hoseok playfully pats his hyung's mint hair and speaks up with a sarcastic tone, "Blame your grass head for all those ridiculous rumors." Hoseok earns a flick on his forehead.

They're third years, the three understands why the basketball club is just too desperate to get him back. They all just want to make the best memories out of high school and winning the champion's cup for the third consecutive time is the greatest feat that could ever happen in their colorful, sweaty youth. But they need genius Min Yoongi for it.

They should never have mentioned about 'Hit It' being ty though, because music and rap has made a much stronger impact in Yoongi's life. Squeaking runners, balls bouncing on shiny floors and metal hoops was one of the best things in his youth. It's just that the image of himself with a microphone in the center of the spotlight on a big stage seems a whole lot better.

The school bells chime. The three musketeers totally forgot that today's the school entrance ceremony, to be followed by a short freshmen orientation.

On their way to the school gym, Hoseok keeps blabbering about wanting to drag freshmen to his dance crew and that there's a freshman named 'Park' who he really wants in it. Namjoon, on the other hand, enthusiastically tries to shut Hoseok up and listen to his ramblings about how pitiful South Korean students are, trying to fit into the society like robots. Meanwhile Yoongi is just pretty amused by how the students on the corridors would clump to the sides, opening a wide path for the trio to pass through.

The ceremony starts, once the gym's seats are all filled with students. Second and third years are looking tired even at the first day of class, while the freshmen wear expressions all-blooming like the flowers on their -pockets. "Those smiles will wash away even before half-way through their first year~" Hoseok whispers to his best buds who chuckle on their seats until their homeroom adviser shoots them a death glare.

"This year's freshman representative is Kim Taehyung. Due to certain circumstances, fellow freshman Jeon Jeongguk will give the speech in his stead."

Hoseok once again leans to whisper about how this Kim Taehyung almost beat Namjoon's score in the entrance examinations and about how the said freshman is his new neighbor. Yoongi just nods at the new information, though he is certainly amused at how Hoseok could get all those information in his brain, but not physics formulae.

The boy in lieu of the freshman representative coughs behind the microphone. "S-sorry."

Yoongi's class was at the farthest back of the gym, but he can completely see the flush of pink on the boy's ears. Said boy looks down for a while before he faces the audience once again and wipes his lower lip with his tongue before he starts the first paragraph. "Dean, teachers, staff, fellow students, ladies and gentlemen: Good morning! My name is Kim Taehyung. I am honored to deliver a speech at this entrance ceremony..."

Yoongi wants to plop down on the floor on that spot. He feels as if the damn cupid shot an arrow as accurately as Jumong, with the guidance of the eastern winds. The way the boy's lips shine from how he wet those with his tongue makes the senior feel something unexplainable from the bottom of his stomach; and he's sure it's not his appendicitis because he just got the thing out of his body before the break ended. Putting his appendix aside, whatever cute image the cupid ever had did not match the angelic face of the freshman projected in Min Yoongi's brain. The mint head cannot believe how attractive the boy is, he keeps asking his seatmate Hoseok to pinch or whack him to convince himself that the boy behind the podium is real.

He doesn't even notice how he's held his breath until the boy ends his, the freshman representative's, speech.

Yoongi exhales sharply. "I want that kid."

*******

Jeon Jeongguk drops his metal chopsticks at the words he just heard.

"Rooftop. After school. Bring no one else."

Slanty eyes stare into his soul. The freshman nods, looking like a squirrel after he shoved bibimbap into his mouth. The mint head disappears out to the corridors after giving Jeongguk "Good." as a response.

Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung, the first few friends he's made in high school so far, exchange 'damn-that-guy-is-scary-as-' looks to each other. They had long hours of math and physics lessons before the lunch bell rang; and meeting the infamous third-year delinquent while relaxing over bibimbap was the least they had hoped for.

"Are you okay, Jeonggukkie? What are you going to do?" Taehyung steals a piece of bibimbamp from Jeongguk's lunchbox. "He's so scary I can't believe he's Hoseok-hyung's friend."

"I don't know. I have no idea what I've done for him to get pissed off at me, even!" Which is true, since the awkward Jeongguk never crosses the bridge to the third years' building. He's afraid of the seniors after messing up the entrance ceremony speech. He saw most of those who laughed at his embarrassment were from the third years, seated at the very back of the gym.

His mind then replays the mint-haired senior's words. Gosh, that guy was really scary. He never believed such students really exist out of anime and manga. The said senior looked really frightening, like the son of the yakuza. But he was attractive, too damn attractive even with that mint green mop of hair.

Jeongguk slaps himself for that last thought and turns back to his worried friends. "Please tell my mother I love her. Give my box of fan letters to G-Dragon."

None of them listened to him though, both are busy reading something from Taehyung's phone with an "Ohhh," after finishing what seems to be a text. "Jeon Jeongguk. Do not worry! We got your back! You know me, I have my connections with lots of seniors." Taehyung assures the concerned Jeongguk with a smug smile on his proud face. Jimin backs him up with a "Trust the mighty Kim Taehyung!" while squezzing both of Taehyung's shoulders.

*******

Yoongi waves his right hand to get the attention of the store owner, "Ahjumma! Send more lamb s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter