aikyoungie_khun

Jungkook Oneshot Requests ~ OPEN [READ RULES BEFORE REQUESTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Of Dreaming and Quantum Physics

Pairing: SugaKookie/YoonKook

Genre: Fluff, Highschool AU (where SG is 25)

Plot notes: JK seems to have a one-sided feeling towards his Physics Teacher. 3.3k words.

I tweaked a little on the from the original request to make this story work-

Requested by: aikyoungie_khun 

Jeon Jungkook wakes up from the sound of his favorite hip-hop track that he uses as an everyday alarm tune. He looks at the time on his smartphone, grunts, then buries his face back into his pillow. He didn't want to wake up. He was having a really sweet dream and he wanted to stay in it a little longer. He wanted to spend time with him a little longer.

Who he was with in his dream is a complete mystery. Everytime he wakes up, he struggles to remember how he had looked like, but the image always escapes from his mind. However, he's sure that the other had this gleeful yet sophisticated expression he couldn't visually describe, but he's convinced he would recognize it once he sees it in anyone he would pass by.

Another reason why he didn't want to wake up is that he has to attend classes again today. High school has been especially stressful because of his mother's expectations, his scholarship, some annoying classmates and his Physics teacher. His a-hole of a Physics teacher. Just the sound of his teacher's raspy voice calling out to him to answer an overly-difficult problem on Einstein's Law of Relativity makes him scream on the top of his lungs, even though it's still six in the morning and the birds outside were chirping happily. One thing he forgot was that his mom despises noise in the morning. He makes a bee line to the door and attempts lock it before his mother storms in, but fails.

"Jeon Jungkook!!!“

"Mom, I just saw a cockroach flying, that's all!"

His mom gives him a death glare and sighs, hand on her waists. "Get up now and get ready for school, young man." She pedals backward, but when she was about to face outside the boy's room, she turns back to her son and adds, "Oh right, bring a nice coat with you later. We'll be eating out later, you have to look good." She then ruffles the teenager's bed hair and closes the door behind her.

It's another thing that makes the day worse. They'll probably have dinner with some man his mother's been seeing recently. Last year, this event happened thrice, plus, he had seen his mother break down thrice (four times if you include that time when she had been left by his dad). Jungkook thought she had given up on dating (for real) since it's been almost eight months since she swore that she'd never date again during the New Year's. Seems like his mother got bitten by the love bug again. But he knows he can't rule out his mother's life; he's just the naïve teenage son. Even so, he's got a vague idea that it's difficult to get over a broken heart and that his mother needs more time to get over it. All he needs to do is just to be there when his mother needs him the most.

The 19-year old just sighs, then heads out to wash up and get ready for the hell-hole he calls school.

ㅡㅡㅡ

"Yo, yo, yo, Jungkookie!", a ball of energy approaches the troubled Jungkook.

"Jimin, I'm in a bad mood."

"Hey, Tae, what's wrong with this guy?", he continues to poke on his classmate's cheek while the latter keeps on trying to move his face away.

"You skipped Physics, so you didn't know." another classmate approaches them and sits on the desk next to Jungkook's.

"Ah!" Jimin rubs his chin like he had an imaginary goatie and continues, "Min-Sonsaengnim again, huh? He really likes you a lot, dude!"

"Screw you! It's your fault in the first place!" Jungkook snaps and headlocks Jimin.

Taehyung clears his throat and imitates their Physics teacher in his raspy voice, "Jimin's got a bad stomach today, as well? Fine, let's have his best friend 'Jungkookie' answer this problem."

Even before Jimin had started claiming he's got a stomach ache and coops up in the infirmary everytime before their Physics period starts, their teacher had been making Jungkook recite or do the boardwork almost everyday, much to the dismay of the poor teenager. It's not like he was really bad with Physics formulae and concepts, nor was he a genius at it, so he really can't make out why Min-Sonsaengnim had to call him out every single time. Jungkook never liked how it feels to be in front of the class, especially with everyone's eyes fixated on him as he grazes the chalk against the blackboard. He feels their piercing stares on his back and it weighs him down. However, he couldn't do anything but curse inwardly at the smirking adult beside him.

Taehyung comes back to himself with a worried tone, "How will you deal with him later, though?"

Jimin blurts out, amused with the things going on, "Wait, you got detention? Hella, he's madly in love with you, man!"

"Hell no, I don't deserve any detention! He just told me after class that I have to meet him in the faculty office before I leave school." Jungkook sniffles with a frown and continues, "I hope there's nobody else in the office so that I could fix his face and that annoying smirk will be gone forever."

"NOOOO, JUNGKOOKIE, I WILL MISS YOU!!!" Jimin glomps him and Taehyung follows pinching his cheek.

"Don't do that, Jungkookie, we don't want you expelled."

"Guys, please. I'm kidding."

ㅡㅡㅡ

Jungkook breathes deeply as he opens the faculty office's door, "Excuse me," He's greeted by one of the young female student-teachers inside, and he goes on, "Is Min-Sonsaengnim around?"

A familiar face peeks out from one of the cubicles and calls out to him, "Ah, Jungkookie! Come here!"

The student-teacher giggles, turns to Jungkook and tells him, "Min-Sonsaengnim sounds so cute calling for you with that nickname! Even though he's usually so serious~ You're really close, aren't you?" the student-teacher walks away while whispering to herself, "I wish we could be close, too..." to which Jungkook cringes at.

He heads on to where his Physics teacher's voice came from, and sees him finishing his coffee from his mug, coat on one arm, messenger bag on one shoulder. He places his empty mug beside his pile of homeworks to check and grabs his car keys from one of his drawers. "Let's go, kid."

"What?"

"Dinner. I texted your mom a while ago. Wait, your stuff?"

"In the classroom. But wait, So-"

The adult hisses, "Grab your things. I'll be waiting at the parking lot. Hurry!" He pushes Jungkook to the office's exit and slaps his back. "I'll give you 15 minutes, kid."

"What the heck?!" Still, the teenager runs back to his classroom, swiftly grabs his red and black Herschel backpack, without looking at his two dumbfounded friends, and hurriedly runs to the school's parking space.

A black car blows its horns the moment Jungkook steps out to the open-area, and the boy approaches it with huge steps. Just as he reaches to open the backseat door, one of the car windows rolls down and unveils the teacher on the driver's seat. "I'm not your personal driver, Jeon Jungkook-ssi. Have the front seat."

The feeling of being inside his Physics teacher's car is suffocating. Not just because of the car freshener's smell making him dizzy, but most especially because he was confined in a small space with the person he hates the most.

"Don't worry, kid. I hate brats like you as much as you hate adults like me. I'm just being a reliable one for today." He says nonchalantly as he starts the engine.

While staring at the school building slowly disappearing into the distance, Jungkook was starting to patch things up together. He didn't like the idea of the conclusion he was nearing at. It was more cringe-worthy than all of the intense aegyo from Jimin and Taehyung combined. It was worse than hearing about Big Bang disbanding. Just the image of this man flirting with his mom made his stomach churn. He starts sweating as he considers the fact that they could get married. Even just the image of it is horrifying. He couldn't handle all the tension welling up inside him, making one of his self-projected cuss words audible to the adult on the driver's seat. Surprisingly, the latter just chuckles.

The teen flinches. He thinks he's heard that laugh somewhere.

They stop in front of a fan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter