victra

Jungkook Oneshot Requests ~ OPEN [READ RULES BEFORE REQUESTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Wake Me Up When August Ends

Pairing: SugaKookie/YoonKook

Genre: Angst, YoungProfessional!AU

Plot notes: JK works as a manager in the idol department in Monster Entertainment. Being the ambitious newbie that he is, he takes on the CEO's challenge of finding the best musician for their newest idol group.

1997 words

Requested by: victra

A/N: victra-ssi!!! Sorry it took me so long QwQ

Also, cursing is here since we have minsuga;;;;

 

Jeon Jungkook feels so cheated by the way Jung Hoseok eats a mouthful of the best okonomiyaki from the best Japanese restaurant in Gangnam. However, despite the real need to get information from the PD, he just leaves the man be. Hoseok just looks plain hungry.

"Kook-ah, thanks for the treat, really. Monie-PD-nim's been making us work our asses off for this rookie group, we haven't eaten anything decent in ages!"

"But that's not a treat, sunbae. It's bribery. I really need info about AgustD's whereabouts."

Hoseok drops his chopsticks. "Did I hear that right? You need AgustD?"

"Kim-PD-nim told me to bring him the best producer that could make the industry go crazy over our rookie grou-"

"Then find someone else." The PD's voice is not as bright as it usually is and it cannot go on unnoticed by the newbie. "I don't even know the guy. He's a lost legend. That's it."

"But they told me you used to work with him-"

"You won't get anything from me, Jungkook. I know you want to go up the ladder fast. I'd love to help you but I don't want to be involved with that guy. To me, he's dead." Hoseok pulls out his wallet, "I'll pay for the meal. Thanks for accompanying me, but you should stop wasting your time and find someone who's not Yoo- "

"I'm sorry, hyung."

Hoseok dashes for the restaurant's door after leaving some bills on the table. Ever since Jungkook had started working under Monster Entertainment, Hoseok has been guiding him about how the company works. The said PD seems to have taken a liking on him, that he was even introduced to the CEO just weeks after he was hired. Jungkook just feels as bad as the abandonded okonomiyaki in front of him, for unintentionally rubbing Hoseok the wrong way. He thinks he should treat him for real next time.

Jungkook receives a KaTalk notification.

"Manager-hyung!!! ^^

We're here in the rehearsal studio!

We decided to practice while you're looking for a PD to make us a beautiful title track!

We'll work hard!!!"

The newbie manager decides to stay for a little longer in the same Japanese restaurant. He's firm that he can't leave unless he finds another way to track down Agust D. Just when he thinks he sees someone he knows enter the restaurant, a song all too familiar to Jungkook plays in the restaurant.

Follow your dream like breaker
Even if it breaks down, oh better

"AgustD wrote this." Before Jungkook can even recognize, he saw Monster Entertainment's CEO sit in from of him. He wears black button-up and denim pants, with his favorite pair of red converse. On his head was a gray beanie and covering his eyes were sunglasses with a personalized diamond accessory with "RM" on it.

"Oh, Kim-PD-nim, sir, I'm so sorry I did not recognize you right away!" The newbie keeps on bowing in apology until the respectable man tells him it's totally fine.

"You made Hoseok angry?"

"Sir, it was unintentional! I didn't mean to-"

The man shushes him while writing what seems to be an address on a piece of napkin. "It's okay, kid. You didn't know. I'll leave this to you. Do whatever you want with it. But I'll remind you: there are many ways to kill a cat. Good luck."

Jungkook takes the piece of paper from the CEO and the latter leaves him with polaroid of a handsome man making a "v" sign.

-

"A psychiatric hospital. Great. Was he just fooling around??? I don't have time for this!"

"Kim Institute of Mental Health"

Baffled as he is, Jungkook moves forward to the hospital gate, betting at the possibility that there is some connection between "Kim Institute", the CEO, and AgustD. He approaches the gates. The compound's environment is generally silent, but wild screams could be heard from time-to-time. Despite that being creepy, the young PD moves on and opens the gates. But he hears someone call out to him and he stops in his tracks.

"Just because there's no guard or anything of that means you could casually enter a private property."

A man on a plain white oversized shirt and ripped denim pants approaches him. The man examines him from head-to-toe and looks at him closer, "Ya need anything, kid? You don't look mentally ill to me."

Jungkook looks back at the pale man in front of him, furrows his brows at how nosy this stranger is. He perfectly knows one cannot exactly tell if someone is mentally ill on the outside, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter