Two ~ The Beginning

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter





CHAPTER TWO









"Let's just say... that the world is in need of you two." - Kim Jongin


Chapter Two: The Beginning

 

"Yah! Chanyeol! Get your out of bed!"

 

Chanyeol groaned as he tossed in his bed. "Mhm... five more minutes~"

 

Sun Young raised a brow. She took a pillow from the bed and started hitting Chanyeol with it.

 

"Yah! I'm up! I'm up!," Chanyeol tried blocking his face from the pillow.

 

"Good," Sun Young smacked Chanyeol one last time. "If you want food, get yout in the kitchen."

 

Sun Young stomped out of the room, making Chanyeol grin. No, he wasn't going out yet. There was something he prepared for his sister's 22nd birthday.

 

Chanyeol jumped out of bed ( and even tripped ) and opened his closet. He frowned when he saw the pile of shirts, pants, sweaters and socks covering his surprise.

 

"I should really clean my closet," Chanyeol murmured as he threw the garments out of the closet and into the room, making it messier than it already is.

 

Chanyeol grinned when he found the box hidden under his clothes. He blew the dust off its surface before standing up. He was about to sprint, when his foot got caught in a shirt's collar. The contents of the box spilled out as his face hit the wooden floor.

 

"Aish," He mumbled as he rubbed his head and collected the contents of the box.

 

After "neatly" folding all the garments and shoving them in his closet, Chanyeol made his way to the kitchen. He tried his best to hide the box behind his back as he carefully walked over to Sun Young, who was preparing something on the kitchen counter.

 

"Good morning, Sun Young~!," Chanyeol whispered at the busy girl.

 

Sun Young was so startled that she shrieked and the spoon flew out of her hand. "Yah! Chanyeol! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

 

Chanyeol chuckled. He put the box in front of him. "Turn around."

 

Sun Young froze. "Er... just a second..."

 

Chanyeol frowned as his sister hurriedly finished whatever she was preparing. "Come on, sis. Turn around~"

 

"Fine, fine," Sun Young rolled her eyes as she turned around.

 

"Surprise!," The twins said in unison.

 

The siblings looked at each other in a mix of shock and confusion. Chanyeol was holding a rather old looking box. Sun Young was holding a silver tray with starwberry shortcake on top of it. The two soon bursted into laughter.

 

Chanyeol and Sun Young realized that they were both so into preparing gifts for each other that they had forgotten the fact that they shared the same birthday.

 

"We're so stupid," Sun Young said as she placed the cake on the table.

 

"Well, we are twins," Chanyeol joked as he placed the box in front of his sister. "Go ahead. Open it."

 

Chanyeol grinned as Sun Young opened the box. Her eyes sparkled as she saw the contents. She took a book from inside and let out a mixture of a shriek and a yelp.

 

"Chanyeol! How did you know that I wanted this so badly?!," Sun Young said, her eyes still sparkling.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. "Well, you've been blabbering stuff about Twilight for years! I even got you the whole set!"

 

Sun Young gasped. She stood up and tackled Chanyeol while giving him kisses ( on the cheek for all the byuntaes :P ). "Thank you, Chanyeol! I love you! I love you! I love you! ( endlessly )"

 

Chanyeol grinned. "Yah! Get off me! I can't breath!"

 

"Sorry," Sun Young got up and stuck her tongue out at her brother. She took the copy of New Moon and frowned. "Wait... how did you even get this?"

 

Chanyeol rubbed his nape awkwardly, making Sun Young's eye widen.

 

"You didn't!," Sun Young gasped.

 

Chanyeol flinched. They both agreed that it was forbidden to enter the city because they didn't know how to cope with humans. He was sure that Sun Young was going to sco--

 

"You went to the city without me?!," Sun Young whined with a pout.

 

Chanyeol blinked. "Eh?"

 

"You should have brought me with you!," Sun Young whined again. "I want to see the tall skyscrapers, the moving vehicles and even the dogs marking their territory!"

 

Chanyeol blinked twice. "But you said--"

 

"Never mind what I said before!," Sun Young hit Chanyeol's arm playfully. "We're both twenty-two now! We can handle the city!"

 

"And the humans?," Chanyeol raised a brow.

 

Sun Young frowned. "Hey, you were able to blend in! I'm sure I can, too."

 

"Yeah... about that," Chanyeol rubbed his nape awkwardly once again, making Sun Young raise an eyebrow. "I kinda used an invisibility spell."

 

"WHAT?!," Sun Young shouted, making Chanyeol flinch. "Chanyeol, didn't we agree to never use magic in public?!" 

 

"We agreed to never step into the city, too!," Chanyeol protested. "Besides, I got the books for free!"

 

"You stole these?!," Sun Young shouted again.

 

"I didn't have any money!"

 

"Park Chanyeol, I swear if I--"

 

"Do you smell that?"

 

Sun Young shot Chanyeol a confused look as he continued sniffing the air. His eyes landed on the oven... and its contents.

 

Chanyeol pointed at the oven. "Uh... Sun Young... I think whatever you're cooking in there is--"

 

"BURNING!," Sun Young screamed as she quickly wore gloves and opened the oven's door. Black smoke rose from it, like a volcano ready to erupt, making the twins cough. Chanyeol stared at the black mass on top of the tray in his sister's hands.

 

"Aish, I was baking pork ribs!," Sun Young said sadly as she threw the burnt meat in the trash bin. "Finding a wild boar is like finding snow in a desert!"

 

"We've been living here for ten years and you still don't know how to cook?," Chanyeol laughed, finding his sister's innocence amusing.

 

Sun Young glared at her brother ( who was still laughing ). She took plates and utensils before slicing the cake. After distributing the slices, she sat in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter