Twenty Three ~ Gone

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Three: Gone

 

Sun Young was sure that everybody in the mansion now had trust issues.

 

After Luhan's secret broke out, there was a huge crisis in the werewolf pack. Each one of them avoided Luhan and none of them spoke to each other. They were all starting to lose each other's trust.

 

The vampires started avoiding the werewolves too. Taemin and Minho struggled the most, since they were both caught in a fish net. Both parties didn't let the two communicate... which was really hard since they were closer than two halves of an apple.

 

Luhan was the only one who spoke to Kris and Chen. Everyone else thought of them as 'Luhan's allies' and avoided them as well. Turns out that the two knew about Luhan's secret... and they kept it from everyone too.

 

Chanyeol was locked in his room. Ever since his encounter with Baekhyun, he had locked himself in. He didn't even let his own sister enter. He would only come out when he was hungry or if he was out of snacks. If he was outside, he wouldn't communicate with anyone. Sun Young had tried to make things straight with him but he just kicked her out of the room.

 

When Chanyeol visited Baekhyun after he was fully healed, the werewolf slapped his arm away, calling him a monster and telling him to go away while doing so. Chanyeol was obviously hurt by this... so he had isolated himself from everyone, thinking that he was a burden to the group.

 

Sun Young sighed in frustration. She wanted to tell everyone to just separate if they would stay like this. In a situation like this, she found no hope in her heart.

 

Sun Young admitted, she too was starting to have trust issues. She now understood why Minho told her not to trust Luhan. He himself was an invention of Doctor Seunghyun. He could be a spy... he could be an assassin... he could be anything.

 

Disappointment and hatred filled Sun Young's heart. It would have been better if Luhan had just told everyone at first hand. Just when she thought she was in love with him... now she didn't know if she really felt anything towards the alpha. She was feeling this way after bonding with him for weeks--- no, it had been at least a month and a half. She couldn't imagine what his pack mates were feeling.

 

There was too much tension inside Kris' mansion so Sun Young decided to take a stroll in the garden at the back.

 

Beautiful. That was the one word Sun Young used to describe the garden. One side was filled with red roses and pink tulips, the bright colors blending perfectly. Across from it were a mixture of yellow daisies and white orchids, reminding her of summer. In the middle of it all was a silver fountain, its water sparkling under the bright sunlight.

 

"My girlfriend nurtured this garden," Kris had told Sun Young when he caught her staring at the garden through the window. "It was beautiful... just like her. I didn't have the heart to get rid of the flowers."

 

Sun Young remembered the fact that Kris' ex-girlfriend was a vampire. She wondered how a vampire and an artificial dragon kept a stable relationship for a few years. But... they must have really loved each other so much that they didn't mind each other's differences.

 

Sun Young discovered a wooden bench in the swarm of roses and tulips. She sat there and let herself immerse in the fragrance of the flowers. It's been a long time since she felt this relaxed.

 

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

 

Since Sun Young had gotten used to people popping out of nowhere, she wasn't surprised when she heard a familiar voice next to her. "What are you doing here?"

 

"It isn't illegal to be here, is it?," Kai growled. Sun Young saw the grey smoke fade from the corner of her eye. "I had to get out. You can literally cut the tension with a knife in there."

 

Sun Young sighed. "Now you know why I'm out here."

 

"It's surprising, isn't it?," Kai said with a calmer tone. "The authoritative and kind-hearted alpha... is actually a product of G-Dragon's scientist..."

 

"He could have told us...," Sun Young whispered.

 

"But he didn't," Kai snarled. "He even kept it from his pack. Just the thought of it pisses me off." 

 

It pisses me off too. Sun Young wanted to say it but for some reason, the words didn't come out of . She partly understood why Luhan kept his secret but... didn't he realize that it will be revealed one day? Also, why was he here in Earth?

 

Sun Young felt an intense stare coming from Kai. She faced him and was surprised at how close their faces were. She took this opportunity to study his features.

 

Kai definitely had the looks. He had big plump lips and round red eyes that turned to two crescents when he smiled or laughed. His skin had a bit of an olive tone in them. Sun Young turned around when she found herself staring at the vampire.

 

"Doesn't it bother you?," Kai said out of the blue.

 

Sun Young turned back at Kai with a confused expression.

 

"The fact that all the idiotic people in that mansion, including us, were meant to save the world," Kai said with a dry chuckle. "Doesn't it bother you?"

 

"It doesn't," Sun Young lied. In drastic situations like these, she wanted to look tough. Although she was extremely frustrated with the immaturity of everyone, she didn't want to look weak. Not only in front of Kai but in front of everyone.

 

"You're such a horrible liar," Kai rolled his eyes. "If it doesn't really bother you... then you shouldn't be crying."

 

"I'm not---," Sun Young was cut off when she felt a warm drop of liquid land on her cold hands. Fresh tears were streaming down her face. She found it weird... she didn't even know that she was crying.

 

All the stress had finally taken a toll on Sun Young. The frustration of dealing with her brother and her newfound hatred for Luhan was just too much for her. She thought she could be tough... she was wrong.

 

Sun Young hastily wiped her tears away. She sniffled. "I-I'm not."

 

Kai suddenly pulled Sun Young in a hug, shocking her. He firmly wrapped his arms around her waist. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter