Twenty One ~ Dark Side

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you love me? Even with my dark side?"

- Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson

 

Chapter Twenty One: Dark Side

 

"Knock knock."

 

Sun Young couldn't remember the last time she was awaken by a soft voice... and being in a comfortable bed. With a loud groan, she popped her head from in between the pillows. She ruffled her brown hair and glanced at the open door. Her eyes widened when she recognized the blue-eyed blonde standing in the doorway.

 

"L-Luhan!," Sun Young hid her 'fresh' face in the covers. "W-What are you doing here?"

 

A warm smile iluminated Luhan's pale face. In his hands was a white shopping bag. "You guys looked really tired so we let you sleep a little longer. Taemin and Lay went out to get clothes for everybody."

 

Sun Young couldn't help but stare at Luhan. Why did Minho tell her that he shouldn't be trusted? Why would he say something like that towards his alpha? Was Luhan hiding something dark? Something so bad... that he would lose everybody's trust when it is revealed? 

 

"Is something wrong?," Luhan asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Is there something on my face?"

 

"N-No there isn't," Sun Young was still in a daze. She reached out next to her, planning to shake Chanyeol awake, but was greeted by an empty space. She figured that Chanyeol got up before her... which was unusual.

 

"Here are you and Chanyeol's clothes," Luhan plopped the shopping bags on the bed, in front of Sun Young. "When you're done washing up, head downstairs. Kris whipped up some breakfast for you and your brother."

 

Luhan left the room as quickly as he entered, leaving Sun Young in a state of confusion.

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

Chanyeol didn't know what had gone into him but he somehow was able to wake up before his sister did. Seeing that Sun Young was obviously tired, he didn't wake her up and went straight to the bathroom instead.

 

Now, he was washing his face, carefully listening to Sun Young's conservation with Luhan. She must have woken up when the alpha entered the room. He heard the words clothes and breakfast, those words were enough to make him smile.

 

"Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol thought that Sun Young had entered the bathroom and seen him, making him chuckle. He quickly washed off the soap bubbles on his face, his smile fading when he saw the closed bathroom door.

 

"Chanyeol."

 

At this point, Chanyeol was freaking out. That voice wasn't Luhan's, he was sure, and he was obviously alone in the bathroom. There was also no way that Baekhyun was pranking him so... who was speaking to him?

 

He regretted looking at the mirror above the sink.

 

On the mirror was a grotesque version of Chanyeol's reflection. The Chanyeol in the reflection had grey skin and dark red eyes. Blood was flowing from both of its eyes, like two waterfalls. An unusually wide smile was on its face, its pointed teeth drenched in red liquid.

 

The Chanyeol in the reflection tilted its head slowly, ever so slowly, its grin becoming wider by the second. The real Chanyeol, on the other hand, was flat on the wall. His eyes were wide and his breathing's pace was increasing.

 

Chanyeol horrifyingly looked at the him in the reflection. He stared at its grin, which was now literally from ear to ear. 

 

"Did you miss me?"

 

Chanyeol had punched the mirror, in hopes of getting rid of the horrible image before him. He knew who that was... but it was impossible. He had spent years to keep the evil side of him dormant but... what he had just seen, was him.

 

Why... why was he slowly starting to come out?

 

"I told you before, Chanyeol," Chanyeol had forgotten that his voice was inside his head. "You can't get rid of me."

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

Sun Young was checking out the clothes that Luhan had brought her when she heard Chanyeol's blood curdling scream. She immediately ran to the washroom door. She tried opening it, but it was locked from the inside.

 

"Chanyeol! Open the door!," Sun Young banged her fists on the wall. Her imagination was running wild, thus making her think of a hundred different kinds of scenarios.

 

Taemin was the first one who entered the room, thanks to his super speed. He paused and registered the situation in front of him, before joining Sun Young in punching the bathroom door.

 

"Chanyeol-hyung!," Taemin flinched when Chanyeol screamed again. "H-Hyung, open the door!"

 

Baekhyun blasted his way in the room, hearing his best friend's scream alarming every nerve in his body. Unlike Sun Young and Taemin, he charged and kicked the door, his foot creating a hole on it. He squeezed his arm through the hole and unlocked the door from the inside.

 

Sun Young's breath hitched in when she saw the scene in front of her.

 

Chanyeol was sitting at the corner, his face blank and his hand bleeding. The mirror above the sink was shattered, the shards of glass scattered on the floor. There were drops of blood on the floor and on Chanyeol's face.

 

Sun Young kneeled next to her brother, avoiding the shards of glass. "Chanyeol! What happened?!"

 

Chanyeol just continued staring at the floor, his face expressionless.

 

"Chanyeol!," Sun Young grabbed her brother's face. "Talk to me!"

 

"I'm fine," Chanyeol's voice was flat. He gently (?) slapped Sun Young's hands away from his face. "I just saw a cockroach."

 

Chanyeol stood up and took some bandages from the cabinet. He walked out of the room, his shoulders brushing with Taemin's.

 

"Channi---," After a quick eye contact, Chanyeol ignored Baekhyun and walked out of the bedroom.

 

Baekhyun didn't know that he was the only one who saw the red glint in Chanyeol's eyes.

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

Ever since the bathroom incident, Chanyeol wasn't himself. Usually when he and Sun Young eat, Chanyeol would start conversations about random things. Did you sleep well? or What do you want to do today? was usually what he said.

 

Now, it was different. Chanyeol was just silently picking on his food with the same blank expression. Sun Young would have asked him what was wrong... but she saw Kris staring at the both of them from across the table, making things even more awkward than they already were.

 

Sun Young admitted, Kris didn't really have a hundred percent of her trust. After all, he was a dragon and he used to work for Hye, G-Dragon's elite witch. He could be an accomplice or a spy. Heck, he might even be Hye in a disguise. 

 

She brought back her attention to Chanyeol, who was poking his steak with a fork. She glanced at his bandaged hand. Chanyeol punched the mirror! was what Baekhyun said. This made her confused, why would Chanyeol punch the mirror? It's definitely not because of a cockroach...

 

Sun Young finally mustered up the courage to speak. "Chan---"

 

"I'm fine," Chanyeol ate a bit of steak and chewed. "Really."

 

"You don't seem like yourself," Sun Young sighed. "In that bathroom... what exactly happened?"

 

"I told you, I saw a cockroach," Chanyeol kept his eyes on the plate of food in front of him. "It was a flying one... so I accidentally punched the mirror..."

 

Sun Young saw Kris walk out of the kitchen from the corner of her eye. He must have finally sensed how awkward the situation was. That aside, she wasn't convinced by Chanyeol's words. "Chanyeol... I'm your sister. You can tell me what happened."

 

"It's nothing...," Chanyeol barely whispered, his gaze still fixed on his food.

 

"Chan---"

 

"I said it's nothing!," Chanyeol snapped, his voice echoing in the silent kitchen.

 

Sun Young was taken aback. Chanyeol never snapped, nor shouted, at her before, no matter the situation. It was the first time he raised his voice at her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter