Four ~ The Hunted

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter Four: The Hunted

 

All eight people were seated around the campfire. Suho made Kai sit far away from Sun Young and Chanyeol for very obvious reasons.

 

"So, before we explain this world crisis, shall we properly introduce ourselves first?," Suho clamped his hands together. The others mumbled "yes" and "okay". "I'll go start it off. Like I said, my name is Kim Junmyeon, otherwise known as Suho. I'm not the leader of this coven, I'm just an... elder so all these vamps are my kids. Oh, and my power?"

 

Suho clamped his hands once again. He slowly raised his hands and a small waterball floated in between his palms. The ball increased in size as the gap grew. He made it float and lightly pushed it towards Sun Young. Before she could touch it, however, Chanyeol threw a fireball at the waterball and it disappeared into steam.

 

"You could have just said water," Chanyeol and Kai said in unison. They started glaring at each other.

 

"Before things get out of hand, I'll introduce myself," Jonghyun said with a chuckle. "My name is Kim Jonghyun, just Jonghyun is fine. I'm not an elder but I'm as strong as one! Oh, let me show you guys my power!"

 

Jonghyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After a few minutes of silence, he opened his eyes. Two figures suddenly appeared next to the Park twins. They were duplicates of Jonghyun.

 

"As you can see, I have the power to duplicate myself!," The Jonghyun next to Sun Young cheered.

 

"I can duplicate myself as many times as I wish! However, my body needs to be in a meditative state to do so," The Jonghyun beside Chanyeol said while pointing at the real Jonghyun, who was seated in between Suho and Lay.

 

"As many as you wish?," Sun Young asked in wonder.

 

"Yes!," The Jonghyun next to her replied. "I can make two or..."

 

Suddenly, Jonghyuns appeared everywhere. Some were on the ground and some were even on the trees. Sun Young tried counting them but ended up with a headache. Chanyeol was already dizzy when he looked at all the duplicates.

 

"Even thousands!," All the Jonghyuns, except the real one, shouted in unison. The noise echoed throughout the entire forest, making everyone cover their ears.

 

"Yah! Jonghyun! Shut your mouth before I go deaf and blind because of your ugly voice and face!," Kai snarled as he covered his ears. All the duplicates turned to him.

 

"Looks like Kai forgot that Jonghyun is his hyung," Lay said with a chuckle.

 

Before any of the duplicates could attack, Kai teleported next to the real Jonghyun and grabbed his arm before teleporting again. One by one, the duplicates started disappearing.

 

"That was... weird," Sun Young couldn't find the right words.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "A bunch of idiots," He whispered.

 

"Anyway," Suho cleared his throat. "D.O. isn't really much of a talker so I'll introduce him to you guys. His real name is Do Kyungsoo-- don't call him that because he will kill you-- but prefers to be called D.O. He's one of the young ones here and his power is-- OUCH!"

 

D.O. had crushed Suho's hand, once again, to demonstrate his power. He smirked as he watched Suho groan in pain.

 

"Yah! D.O.! My hand just finished healing!," Suho screamed angrily. D.O. just grinned.

 

"This is the perfect time to demonstrate my power!," Lay cheered as he bent in front of Suho. His hands hovered over the broken hand. Soon, there was a faint white light on his palms and Suho's hand was healed.

 

Sun Young smiled. She remembered the first time she learned magic. The first spell she ever learned was the basic healing spell.

 

"Ah~ thanks, Lay!," Suho ruffled Lay's hair.

 

"No problem, hyung!," Lay shot Suho a thumbs-up.

 

Kai suddenly teleported back, catching everyone's attention. For some reason, he was smiling like a clown. Did I mention that he teleported back alone?

 

"Kai... where's Jonghyun?," Lay asked with a completely different mood.

 

Kai's grin grew wider, exposing his fangs. "Don't worry, I didn't kill him or anything. He'll be back."

 

"I'm sure you two already know Kai but there's no harm in introducing him. Kim Jongin, also called Kai. He's the leader of our coven and although he may be a bit cold, he's actually a big softie," Suho said.

 

"No, I'm not!," Kai growled.

 

Suho chuckled. "Well, only our Tae--"

 

The elder looked at the spot next to Kai, where Taemin was supposed to be seated, only to find air.

 

Suho sighed. "Aish, looks like Taemin ran off again. Looks I'll be doing--"

 

A sudden force of wind blew on the group, causing Sun Young and Suho to fall from their seats. Chanyeol caught his sister before she could hit the ground. As for Suho, he fell with a thud.

 

Lay and D.O. were both laughing. They found it amusing that nobody even bothered to stop Suho from hitting the ground.

 

The creator of the wind force was Taemin. He had just arrived, his shoes were still smoking underneath. He was smiling, like what just happened was absolutely normal... well, it was normal for the vamps. A big mass, Jonghyun, was slumped over his shoulder.

 

"I'll be doing the introduction this time, Suho-hyung!," Taemin said as he tossed an unconcious Jonghyun towards Kai, who didn't even bother to catch him. "I'm Lee Taemin, the maknae of Kai's coven! What you just witnessed was my amazing power of super speed! By the way, call me adorable and I will kill you."

 

Both Sun Young and Chanyeol were shocked by Taemin's sudden change of mood. He went from ado-- cute to just outright creepy.

 

Kai hissed. "You didn't have to bring Jonghyun-hyung back yet."

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow at Kai. "He was tied to a tree branch and hanging upside down! Who wouldn't want to bring him down? He looked like a corpse!"

 

"Well, now that everyone's here," Suho finally sat down again. "Shall we explain why the world is need of the Park twins?"

 

Sun Young and Chanyeol became alert at the announcement. They were curious at why regular hunters like them were needed by the world.

 

"Okay... how do we start this off?," Lay fiddled with his fingers. "Ah! Well you two know about the legend of the El Dorado, right?"

 

"Isn't that the legendary city of gold?," Chanyeol said with boredom.

 

"Yes!," Lay clapped. "Well, there are also legends of what is inside the El Dorado. People say that deep inside the golden castle lies a dragon."

 

"A dragon?," Sun Young said with shock. She suddenly remembered the giant creature that stood before them years ago. The creature that killed their clan-- and Min Xi.

 

"I'll be honest here, I thought that the story of the El Dorado was just a bunch of bull but when you mentioned a dragon... it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter