Twelve ~ We Are One

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Put our ten fingers together because we are one, we are one!"

- Park Chanyeol ( rap part from El Dorado )

 

Chapter Twelve: We Are One

 

Early warning for those who do not like gory stuff and blood. This chapter contains a few.

 

"Guys, run!," Kai managed to say before it started raining arrows.

 

Sun Young was the first one to react. She got up and used her wind magic to drive the arrows to another direction. Unfortunately, an arrow stabbed her in the shoulder.

 

"Sun Young!," Chanyeol said worriedly as he watched her sister whimper because of the pain.

 

Suho was relieved because Kai had teleported elsewhere. He dodged the arrows and used water to knock the arrows out of the air. "Thank God, Kai isn't here right now!"

 

Lay hid behind a tree. "Where are these arrows coming from?!"

 

Chanyeol dragged Sun Young and brought her to Lay. "You, heal me sister. I've got something to do."

 

"You can't just--"

 

"Just do it!," Chanyeol hissed before running off.

 

It was the first time that Chanyeol felt this angry. Whoever sent these archers managed to hurt Sun Young and now he wanted them all to pay.

 

Chanyeol felt his body heat up as his hands balled into fists. He stomped his foot and raised his hands.

 

A wall of fire erupted from the ground, burning any incoming arrows. Some of the trees near him burned and that's when he noticed the figures retreating from the burning plants.

 

"They're in the trees!," Chanyeol shouted as he made another wall of fire behind him. "The archers are in the trees!"

 

D.O. was the first one who heard the news. He ran towards a tree and used all his strength to grab its trunk and pull it out of the ground. He shook the tree in his hands and the archers fell one by one like a bunch of ants.

 

An archer screamed and fell from another tree. Kai jumped down from the same tree, a red blob in his hands and red liquid streaming down both corners of his mouth.

 

"Heh, all these archers are humans," Kai smirked as he the blood on his hands. "Just in time for dinner."

 

"Kai... what's that in your hand?," Jonghyun peeked at the red blob in the leader's hands. "What the f-- Kai! Why do you have that in your hands?!"

 

Kai frowned. "That isn't the right way to react, Jonghyun. Shouldn't you be feeling glad to see a human heart in front of you?"

 

Jonghyun shoved Kai's hand away from his face. "That's just-- this is no time for eating, Kai!"

 

"Come on, hyung. When was the last time you drank human blood?," Kai whined before shoving the heart on Jonghyun's face again. "I know you want some~"

 

"I-- You-- fine, I'll have a drink," Jonghyun said grumpily as he took the heart in Kai's hands.

 

Right in that moment, Suho literally rolled into the scene after dodging some arrows. "What are you two doing?!"

 

"Having a drink," Kai shrugged.

 

"Want some?," Jonghyun offered while showing Suho the heart in his hands.

 

Suho stared at the heart for a few seconds before slapping it out of Jonghyun's hands.

 

Kai's eyes widened. "Hyung, what was that for?!"

 

"This is no time for--," Suho's lecture was cut off when an arrow hit him in the back. He fell on the ground and groaned.

 

"Suho!," Jonghyun tried to pull out the arrow in Suho's back but was stopped by Kai.

 

"Don't," Kai sniffed the air for a while. "The arrow reaks of vervaine."

 

"This isn't good," Jonghyun shook his head. "We should avoid getting hit at all co--"

 

An arrow stabbed Jonghyun in the waist, cutting him off. Kai could only watch as his hyungs groaned in pain.

 

"Aish," Kai grabbed his hyungs' hands and teleported them in a nearby cave. "You guys stay here, it will be safe."

 

After laying his hyungs in the cave and making sure they were safe, Kai teleported back to the scene. Multiple arrows were still flying in the air. Lay was in the corner, healing Sun Young's wounds. Chanyeol was in the middle of the field, two walls of fire surrounding him. D.O. was still pulling out, and throwing, mulitple trees. Taemin was nowhere to be found.

 

Kai was angry. The archers hurt his hyungs and he wanted payback.

 

He teleported under the biggest tree in the field. Numerous archers were under the leaves. One archer had a different attire and a bigger bow so Kai assumed that he was the leader.

 

A low growl escaped from Kai's throat as he grabbed the nearest archer and bit into his neck. He pulled out the skin of the neck, blood spurting everywhere since he had bitten a main artery.

 

Kai tossed the archer aside and grabbed the next one, this time twisting his neck. The third archer tried shooting an arrow at Kai but swung under a branch and flipped, using his legs to twist the archer's neck as well.

 

The archer behind him tried to stab him with an arrow but Kai had quick instincts. He grabbed the arrow in the archer's hands and stabbed him in the neck, blood spurting everywhere again.

 

Now, only the head archer was left. Kai sat on the tree branch as he stared at the human in front of him. The archer was trying to aim the arrow at the vampire but he was shaking, causing him to drop the bow.

 

Kai grabbed the archer's neck and bared his fangs. "Who sent you here?"

 

The archer gulped. "That's classified."

 

Kai growled and dug his sharp nails on the archer's neck. "I said, who sent you here?"

 

The archer flinched. "Even if you kill me, I will never tell you."

 

Kai growled out of frustration. He bared his sharp nails and dug into the archer's chest. His fingers wiggled around the soft organ in between the ribs before pulling it out completely.

 

The archer stared at his own heart in Kai's hands before dying on the spot. Kai was no longer hungry so he crushed the heart in his hands and tossed it aside.

 

Hye watched as she hid under the leaves of the tree next to Kai's. "Aish, if you want something, you have to do it yourself."

 

Hye flew ( yes, flew ) towards another tree. She hid beneath its branches and looked down. She smirked when she saw Lay healing Sun Young.

 

"Let's have fun, shall we?," Hye smirked as purple lights glew at the tips of her fingers.

 

"Lay, watch out!," Sun Young screamed as she grabbed Lay and rolled away, right before the axe landed on the floor.

 

Lay's eyes widened as he stared at the giant minotaur that had an axe in its hands. "Where did that come from?!"

 

"It doesn't matter, we have to get rid of it!," Sun Young as she did a backflip and kanded on the minotaur's back. She twirled the knives in her hands and stabbed the minotaur's neck.

 

The minotaur thrashed, making Sun Young fly off its back. Before she could hit the ground, a sudden force caught her.

 

Sun Young opened her eyes and saw Taemin carrying her. "Taemin-ssi, where hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter