Twenty Two ~ Trust Issues

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Two: Trust Issues

 

Chanyeol didn't expect to be on a bed after he opened his eyes. He groaned and turned to the side, seeing a person sitting next to him.

 

"Chanyeol, are you awake?"

 

Sun Young's sweet voice made Chanyeol feel better. She was in a fresh batch of clothes, probabky from Luhan, and had her hair tied up in a ponytail.

 

"Sun Young?," Chanyeol tried to get up but was held down in his bed. Since he couldn't move his amrs, he kicked the covers off him and saw the leather straps binding him. He was reminded of the hospital incident. "Why---"

 

"You attacked us," Chanyeol faced Sun Young, who was looking at the ground. "Kris wanted to make sure that it won't happen again."

 

Everything hit Chanyeol like a wave. He had been released after he failed to prevent him from coming out. He remembered when he almost killed Baekhyun. He could see everything that he did... but he couldn't do anything about it.

 

"Baekhyun...," Chanyeol murmured. "How is he?"

 

"Lay's healing him," Sun Young said reassuringly. "Don't worry, he'll be fine."

 

"Did... did I hurt anyone else?," Chanyeol was dying to ask.

 

Sun Young fell silent. She stared at Chanyeol for a while before she slowly shook her head. "No... you didn't..."

 

Chanyeol was too stressed out to realize that Sun Young was obviously lying. Although he wasn't sure, he was glad that he didn't hurt anybody else. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he even scratched his sister.

 

"Why?," Sun Young suddenly said. "You told me that... he was dormant."

 

Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh. When Sun Young turned sixteen, he had told her about the other him. Of course, she was mad because he kept it from her for so long. He had told her that he was dormant but...

 

"I don't know," Chanyeol gave an honest answer. "I've spent years keeping him sealed away but... he just came out."

 

This time, it was Sun Young who let out a sigh. "I don't blame you but... because of his sudden attack, some of them think that you're under Hye."

 

Chanyeol cursed under his breath. "That's wonderful."

 

"Your sarcasm is appreciated," Sun Young rolled her eyes and chuckled. "But how are we going to tell the others about this?"

 

Chanyeol pondered for a while. After that, he shrugged. "I guess you can start by cutting me loose from these straps?"

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

"He's a spy!"

 

After accidentally listening to Luhan and Kris' conversation and experiencing Chanyeol's barbaric attacks, Minho no longer knew who to trust anymore. Taemin was behind him, clutching on his arm with a death grip. They both silently watched Key as he shouted at the alpha, Luhan.

 

"Key, I'm not sure that he's not a spy," Luhan said like it was common sense.

 

"You're sure?," Key chuckled dryly. "You're sure?! He nearly killed Baekhyun! If D.O. didn't kick down that door, he would be dead!"

 

Minho glanced at Baekhyun, who was still having a hard time breathing. The burnt bruises were still on his neck, along with the ones on his arms. Lay was doing his best to heal the injuries.

 

Taemin tightened his grip on Minho's arm. He was obviously... scared. Just like Minho, he wasn't sure if there was anyone he could trust.

 

"Key... I'm sure there's some kind of explanatio---"

 

"Explanation?," Key spat. "There's no need for an explanation! He attacked us! He not only tried to kill Baekhyun, he nearly killed his own sister!"

 

Taemin knew what Key was talking about. He saw Chanyeol choking Sun Young, just like he did to Baekhyun, in the open field right out the house. He was frozen by the scene. He didn't want to imagine what would have happened if Kris didn't knock out Chanyeol.

 

Luhan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Key, listen. Chanyeol, he won't just do something like that to his sister. I think... that something was... taking control of him."

 

Key raised an eyebrow. "Why are you in the humans' side? Could you be under Hye too?"

 

"That's ridiculous," Xiumin spoke up from the couch. "He's been our alpha for ten years. In all those years, he couldn't be a spy... he can't possibly be..."

 

Minho was the only one who caught the guilty look on Luhan's face. He wondered when the alpha was going to expose the truth to the other members of the pack.

 

"Luhan...," Onew said slowly. "Please tell us that you're not..."

 

"I'm not," Luhan replied dryly. He had obviously forced himself to answer.

 

"Would you look at that," Key chuckled dryly once again. "Our own alpha is hiding something from his pack! Talk about trust!"

 

Luhan sighed. The dreaded time came sooner than he hoped. "Kai-ssi, would it be alright for me to have a word with my pack?"

 

Kai gave Luhan a strange look. Instead of replying, he gathered his coven members and led them outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter