Ten ~ Battlefield ( Part Two )

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Xiuhan ftw ^^

 

 

Chapter Ten: Battlefield ( Part Two )

 

Luhan and Key hid behind the bushes as they watched Suho pace back and forth. Yes, they were invisible, but they didn't want to risk being sensed.

 

"Key, stay here and keep me invisible," Luhan told the younger wolf. He slowly walked behind Suho and rolled to the bush across him. He used telekinesis to move some stones and threw them towards Suho one by one.

 

"Yah!," Suho dodged his face from the rocks. "Who's there?!"

 

Luhan made a tree branch slap Suho in the face. Key was trying hard not to laugh. lololololol

 

"Aish," Suho said in annoyance. He moved his hands around, making water rise in front of him. He threw the water towards Luhan's direction. The alpha used his telekinesis to direct the water somewhere else but it ended up drenching Key.

 

"Oops," Luhan said sheepishly as he stared at the dripping wet Key.

 

Suho smirked as he stared at the wet werewolf.

 

"Key, run!," Luhan screamed as he controlled some vines and wrapped them around the vampire's feet. Because of this, Suho's waterball flew and landed on Luhan's face.

 

Key scrambled to his feet and hid behind some trees. Luhan was still controlling the vines and now Suho was wrapped like a Christmas gift. The vampire suddenly raised his hand in a claw-like gesture.

 

Water from a nearby lake came roaring in like a tidal wave. The two werewolves stared at the giant wave in shock.

 

"What the fu--," Key was cut off by Luhan, who jumped in front of him and used his telekinesis to prevent the water from submerging them. The younger wolf stared at the wall of water around him and even saw a fish swim by.

 

Luhan felt like his brain was going to explode. He didn't know if he could hold the water for long but if he didn't, both him and Key would drown. That was another thing about werewolves, they can't swim.

 

"Guys, guess what I just found out," Baekhyun suddenly said through telepathy, shocking Key so much that he stumbled behind Luhan.

 

"Baekhyun, this is no time for your silly trivias!," Key said out loud.

 

"Key is right," Onew commented again. "If this is one of your trivias again, I'm going to skin you alive."

 

"It's not a trivia you idiots," Baekhyun said with an annoyed tone. "It's about the mind-control spell."

 

"Well, spit it out," Luhan replied through telepathy. He gritted his teeth and used every ounce of his energy to control the water in front of him. "I'm kinda preventing me and Key from drowning right now."

 

Key swore that he heard Baekhyun gulp. "Well... Chanyeol was wrong, unchanting isn't the only way to snap these bloodsuckers out of the spell. Hit them really hard on the head and it will do."

 

"You're joking," Minho said in disbelief. "You were assuming that even before we went out to do this."

 

"Byun Baekhyun, I swear, if you're doing one of your pranks again, I'm going to go all half-wolf on you," Xiumin said with a threatening voice.

 

"I'm not joking or pranking anybody!," Baekhyun hissed. "Jonghyun is with me right now and he doesn't have the golden glint in his eyes anymore! He says that he doesn't remember anything that happened during the past few hours! Heck, he doesn't even know who Hye is!"

 

Key and Luhan stared at each other after listening to their fellow werewolf's explanation. Was Baekhyun joking? Or was hitting them hard in the head really a way bring the vampires back?

 

"Well, it's worth a try," Key said with a shrug.

 

"Mark my words Baekhyun, if it doesn't work, I'm going to eat you," Xiumin said with the same threatening voice.

 

"Well, don't believe you if you want to," Baekhyun snapped. "I just wanted to help you guys out."

 

It became silent, signalling that their telepathy chat had just ended.

 

"I don't care if Baekhyun is joking or not," Luhan suddenly said. Key noticed that he was paler than before. "We have to try it before we both drown."

 

"How are we going to get to Suho with all this water in front of us?," Key sat down and stared at the water around him.

 

"I'll open a path for you," Luhan was taking deep breaths. "Sprint through it and hit Suho on the head to stop the water."

 

Key stared at the alpha. He knew exactly what would happen after Luhan's suggestion. "Luhan-hyung... you do realize that if you use all your strength to open up a path for me... you won't have the energy to control the water... and you'll--"

 

"I know," Luhan replied, his eyes not leaving the water. "But... I trust you, Key. I know that you'll be able to stop Suho before I drown."

 

Key wanted to protest. He didn't want to risk Luhan's life. How could the alpha trust him? Key admitted it, he didn't even trust himself.

 

"I trust you because you're my friend," Luhan suddenly said. He faced Key and his eyes were even bluer than usual. Was it because of the water's reflection? Or was it the alpha's determination? "Go and do it. It wasn't a suggestion... it was an order."

 

Key couldn't do anything but agree. When Luhan decides on something, it's really hard to change his mind about it.

 

"When I give you the signal, run," Luhan said sternly. Key nodded at the alpha. "Now!"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter