Twenty ~ Feelings & Even More Secrets

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty: Feelings & Even More Secrets

 

Since Kris didn't know where Sehun's house was, he decided to ask Tao for directions. Everyone wanted to see him, since he was an alien, and now they were all crammed in Kris' small lab.

 

"What's that?," Taemin stepped towards the blue crystal in the center of the room.

 

"Don't touch it," Kris hissed, making Taemin step backwards. "It's a communication crystal. It's what I use to contact Tao."

 

Jonghyun walked around the crammed lab and passed by a shelf of preserved ingredients. He took a jar with a preserved snake in it and stares at its piercing green eyes. He glanced at the jar next to it and saw a preserved goldfish. He took it and sighed. "Poor goldfish..."

 

"Jonghyun, its just a goldfish," Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

Onew stared at Baekhyun. "It will take me a while to get used to your eyes..."

 

Onew couldn't help but be creeped out by Baekhyun's eyes. Lay had healed him, thanks to Key keeping the eye. The only problem was... when the eye was taken from Baekhyun, he was in half-wolf form so the eye remained green, even when he is in human form.

 

"You're like a cat with two different colored eyes," Key commented.

 

"Well, it's better than being half-blind," Baekhyun shrugged. "Besides, it's kinda cool."

 

Minho took this is the perfect opportunity to question Luhan. He grabbed the alpha'a arm and pulled him towards the corner of the room while everyone was distracted.

 

"What is it now?," Luhan was frustrated because Minho dragged him over while he was discussing something with Kris.

 

"Hyung... you haven't answered my question yet," Minho sighed.

 

"What question?," Luhan did his best to avoid the topic.

 

"Don't play dumb with me, hyung!," Minho hissed and groaned in frustration. "I just want to know if what Kris said is true?"

 

Luhan fought the urge to growl. Why did Minho have to overhear his conversation with Kris? He was sure that if he tells his pack mate the truth, he'll be looking at him differently. Minho was obviously already suspicious of him... it would be a lot worse if he spills the beans to everyone else. If that happens... nobody would trust him. He had to keep his secret... no matter what.

 

Kris must have sensed the situation Luhan was in so he walked over to the two werewolves. "Minho-yah, Taemin's looking for you."

 

Minho was flabbergasted. Since when did Kris start using honorifics? That aside, he knew that the dragon was lying... but he let it slide. He knew that it wasn't the right time for him to learn the truth. "Oh... uh... thanks for letting me know."

 

Minho brushed Kris' shoulder as he walked away, towards his best friend. The taller boy looked at Luhan and sighed.

 

"Weird for you to come at the right time," Luhan chuckled.

 

"Have you forgotten about my super hearing?," Kris raised an eyebrow. "You know... that was a close one."

 

"Yeah," This time, it was Luhan who sighed. "Really close."

 

"There will come a time... when you'll have no choice but to break the ice," Kris leaned on the wall, Luhan doing the same next to him. "I think it will better to tell them sooner. Minho is already suspicious of you."

 

"I can't just tell them," Luhan pinched his nose bridge, scrunching his nose while doing so. "It just... isn't the right time..."

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Sun Young was mixing a few chemicals in a beaker. She was wearing a pair of goggles she found lying around. Chanyeol was looking for the chemicals that his sister told him to bring over.

 

Since both Chanyeol and Sun Young were distracted, Kai silently slid next to the girl. He crossed his arms and smirked. "What's in the beaker?"

 

"Nothing that you should be caring about," Sun Young spat while mixing the liquid with a glass tube. She reached for the medicine dropper but it was too far away. "Could you pass me the medicine dropper? It's the small, tube like thi---"

 

"I know what a medicine dropper is," Kai rolled his eyes. "Are you really asking for a favor right after spatting at me like that?"

 

"It wasn't a favor, it was an order," Sun Young rolled her eyes as well. "Besides, it's payback for all the times you've been a jerk to me."

 

"Yah, there's no harm in being friends, you idiot," There were times when Kai hated his short temper. One of those times being now.

 

"You're the idiot here, you know," Sun Young narrowed her eyes at Kai. "Just because you were a jerk, doesn't mean that you were never a friend to me."

 

Kai had to turn away to hide the blush that was creeping on his cheeks. Half of him was glad that Sun Young considered him as a friend... but the other half... the other half wanted something more. For the first time, he was confused with his own actions. Why was he blushing? What more did his other half want from her? He shouldn't be feeling this way... after all, he still loved Emily... right?

 

Sun Young heard shuffling next to her but was too busy observing the liquid to look. When she finally looked, she saw the medicine dropper right next to the beaker.

 

"You're welcome," Kai said swiftly before walking away with unusually big steps.

 

Chanyeol swore that Kai was ogling his sister before he walked away but he kept that thought to himself. He now had the bottle of chemical in his hand and passed it over to Sun Young. "What exactly are you doing again?"

 

"I'm making liquid dynamite," Sun Young was still focused on the chemicals. "It might just come in handy."

 

"And you said that I was the smarter twin," Chanyeol shook his head in amusement.

 

"You are the smarter twin," Sun Young deadpanned and pointed at the recipe book in front of her. "I'm only following the cookbook."

 

Chanyeol just chuckled. His expression turned serious when he remembered seeing Kai's staring. "Did that blood- idiot bother you?"

 

"You mean Kai?," Sun Young laughed at Chanyeol's description. "Nah, I think he was just confirming our friendship or something."

 

'He is so not confirming your friendship' was what Chanyeol wanted to say but he held himself back. He was still amused by how innocent his sister was. At the same time, he was glad. If Kai even tried to make a move on Sun Young, actually he already did (?), he would beat the vampire to a pulp. "He was?"

 

"Yeah," Sun Young just shrugged. She used a corkscrew to tightly seal the cork on the beaker. "Voila! Liquid dynamite!"

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and poked his sister's forehead. "You're acting like a child."

 

"Don't poke me!," Sun Young whined, making Chanyeol chuckled.

 

"What is this thing?," Lay was tapping the communication crystal on the table. He noticed a small, movable crystal at its side. "Hm, what does this do?"

 

Kris was about to yell at Lay about touching the crystal but when he saw that the vampire had activated it, he thanked him instead. Everyone's eyes focused on the large screen.

 

On the screen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter