Twenty Six ~ Against BTS ( Part One )

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Six: Against BTS ( Part One )

 

Taemin didn't know why... but his gut told him that something was wrong. He didn't know if it was the fact that he and Minho were probably alone in the residential part of Bucheon or if it was because they haven't seen anyone from the coven and pack... but something was definitely wrong. He just couldn't point it out.

 

"Teaminnie, you look worried," Minho said with concern. "Is there something wrong?"

 

Taemin sighed. "It's just... I feel like something isn't right."

 

Minho squeezed Taemin's shoulder. "It's alright. Let's go find Luhan-hyung and get this over with, yes?"

 

Taemin nodded. He wasn't really sure but he saw a figure move at the corner of his eye. The man had brown hair and tan skin... he almost looked like...

 

Minho was shocked when Taemin suddenly ran somewhere. He spotted the man Taemin had seen and calmed. Ah. It was just Kai.

 

"Hyung!," Taemin exclaimed after he ran over to Kai. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the commercial part of Bucheon!"

 

Taemin was flustered by Kai's panicked expression. What had happened? Was there anything wrong?

 

"I found Luhan."

 

"What?!," Minho shouted after he came closer to the two. "Where is he?! Why didn't you say sooner?!"

 

"Minho-yah, relax," Taemin instructed Minho to take deep breaths. He faces Kai. "Hyung, where did you see him?"

 

Instead of answering, Kai looked away and avoided eye contact. This made Taemin suspicous... while Minho just waited for an answer.

 

"Follow me."

 

Taemin's suspicion grew with Kai's answer. Why couldn't he just tell them? After all, Luhan was there... unless... he wasn't. Unless... this was a trap... and the person in front of him was not Kai.

 

"Why should we follw you?"

 

Minho shot Taemin a puzzled look while Kai had an unreadable expression on his face. "Taemin-ah, what are you saying?"

 

Taemin pointed at Kai. "That man... is not Kai."

 

"Then who am I?," Kai smirked a bit. "Go ahead, tell me who I really am."

 

Kai's answer made Minho even more confused than he already was. He glanced at the angry Taemin then at the smirking Kai. What the hell was going on?

 

Taemin, on the other hand, couldn't give an answer. If this person really wasn't Kai... then who was he?

 

When Taemin didn't answer, Kai chuckled. "Ah, Taemin-ah, innocent as always. Come, let's find Luhan-hyung."

 

Taemin smirked. Only one thought entered his mind as he registered what Kai had just said. Got you. "Minho-yah, come here for a second."

 

Even though Minho was confused, he still followed his best friend. Once they were out of Kai's hearing, he whispered. "What is it?"

 

"Did you hear what Ka--- he just said?," Taemin was still smirking. He felt like a detective who just solved a case. "Taemin-ah? Luhan-hyung? Kai-hyung never uses honorifics. Never. He doesn't even call Suho-hyung, who is an elder, a hyung. Why would he all of a sudden be calling someone hyung? Especially Luhan-hyung, the one he despises the most?"

 

Minho didn't question why Kai despised Luhan. Instead, he realized that Taemin was right. Based on his obversations, Kai would never call anyone with an honorific. He usually called someone with Hey or Yah. "Then... what are you trying to say?"

 

"That man," Taemin glanced at Kai, who was giving them a creepy stare. "He is not Kai-hyung."

 

A shiver ran down Minho's spine. Was he in a horror movie? "What are we supposed to do now?"

 

"I'll tell the others about this," Taemin was already typing away on the cellphone Chen gave him. "We have to get rid of him."

 

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you can't get rid of me."

 

Taemin and Minho turned around. Kai was standing in front of them, black smoke fading around him. There was a smug expression on his face. His eyes... his eyes were different. They were yellow and had thin irises... just like...a snake's eyes.

 

"Who are you?," Minho was growling. Literally. "Where is Kai?"

 

Kai ignored Minho's question and faced Taemin. "You're a lot smarter than I thought... which gives me more reason to kill you."

 

Everything happened so quickly that Minho couldn't figure out what was going on. Kai had teleported in front of Taemin in hopes of strangling him but the vampire was quick. Taemin had punched Kai in the face, thanks to his super speed, sending him flying.

 

When Kai looked up, his snake eyes were glowing even more. His cheek was cracked like a rock and looked like it was about to peel off. He hissed. Literally. Just like a snake. "I guess there's no use wearing this disguise."

 

Taemin and Minho both stared in disgust as the man-who-looked-like-Kai peeled off his own skin. It was like watching a lollipop unwrap itself. The peeled off skin was transparent and thinner than paper... just like molted snake skin.

 

The man under the disguise had extremely pale skin and bleached. His dark blue captain suit was eye catching. He would have looked like a normal marine (?), if it wasn't for the freaky yellow eyes and what looked like pointed fangs.

 

"Now that we got that over with," The man with bleached hair, also known as Suga, chuckled. "Shall we continue?"

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

Chen frowned. Taemin had sent a group message but it was like a some kind of cipher. If only he had gone straight to the point. Yes, he was smart, but the message was just mind-boggling.

 

They're on to us. Don't believe everything you see.

 

Was Taemin caught in some kind of detective feel?

 

"You still don't get it, huh?," Xiumin was just as confused as him. Chen nodded. "Don't believe everything you see... do you think he meant hallucinations?"

 

Chen shrugged. "No idea. I think he's saying that we have some unexpected guests here."

 

Xiumin had a blank expression.

 

"You know, troops... from Hye?," Chen tried his best to explain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter