Nineteen ~ Chasing Cars

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nineteen: Chasing Cars

 

"We're going to die!," Chen screamed, his eyes squeezed shut.

 

"Shut up!," Kris hissed and swerved around a corner, causing Key to stumble in his seat. The sirens of the police cars were starting to get louder.

 

"Why aren't you wearing your seatbelt?!," Chanyeol snarled as he tried pushing Key's away from his face.

 

"How can I?! I was sitting on D.O.'s lap!," Key spat and stumbled back to his original position. "This is stupid, seven people could barely fit in here, let alone nine!"

 

Key was right. Since the Ferrari was too small, the nine individuals had to squeeze themselves in it. Baekhyun was sitting on Chanyeol's lap, like a bride ready to be taken away by her groom. If he wasn't threatened by Luhan, D.O. would already be strangling Key to death because of his weight. Onew was in panic mode, he was once again a noisy, brown crow.

 

Suddenly, the car's back door opened. If Baekhyun didn't grab Luhan, who was the nearest to the door, he would have already kissed the floor.

 

"Kris, what the hell?!," Luhan closed the door with his telekinesis.

 

"Sorry," Kris said sheepishly, not even taking his eyes off the road. "I pressed the wrong button."

 

"You could have killed me!," Luhan whined.

 

Kris glanced at Luhan through the rearview mirror. "Well, you're alive, aren't you?"

 

"Watch out!," Sun Young suddenly grabbed the steering wheel and swerved, nearly hitting the old lady who was crossing the street. The car spun for a while and besides the screeching tires, they could only hear Chen's loud screams. With Chen and Key's screams combined, the seven people thought that they would go deaf. Now Onew's cawing was added and it became even worse.

 

"We're going to die!," Chen said again, his scream higher by a few octaves.

 

"I'm going to die surrounded by idiots!," Chanyeol screamed. Baekhyun was now screaming as well and he was surprised at how high pitched they were.

 

"How do you stop this thing?!," Sun Young was tangled between Kris and his seatbelt, her hands still on the steering wheel.

 

"Step on the brakes!," Baekhyun pointed at the pedals below the steering wheel. The car crashed through a few fences.

 

Sun Young stared at the pedals. "Which one is it?!"

 

Kris stepped on the brakes before anyone could answer. The car's screeching became even louder. Finally, the vehicle came to a halt, right next to a bridge. Onew almost fell but Luhan grabbed the crow's foot before anything bad could happen. If Kris didn't press on the brakes sooner, they would have fallen into the sea.

 

"Oh... my... God...," D.O. was breathing heavily, his eyes wider than usual... if that was possible.

 

"We're alive!," Chen cheered, his hands in the air.

 

"Yeah but the chase isn't over yet," Key was looking in front of him, where multiple police cars were blocking their way.

 

"Great," Sun Young sighed. "How do we get out of this?"

 

Kris scanned around the area, searching for an escape route. After some searching, he found it. Next to the police cars was a truck delivering a brand new car. The car was already on the road, the truck making a perfect ramp.

 

"Everyone hold on tight," Kris shifted gears before he stepped on the gas. "Luhan, if they shoot, can you stop the bullets?"

 

"I'll try," Luhan nodded and cracked his fingers.

 

"You can't try, you have to!," Chanyeol hissed. 

 

"I'm not strong enough to stop all the flying bullets," Luhan sighed. "Let's just pray that none of the officers have silver bullets in their revolvers."

 

Baekhyun gulped before he started praying silently.

 

"Everyone, ready?," Kris glanced at all the passengers and was satisfied at them holding on to each other tightly. He glanced at Onew, who was now a kitten, whining in Sun Young's arms. He then glanced at the makeshift ramp.

 

Chen followed Kris' glance and gasped. "Kris, are you crazy?! This isn't a video game!"

 

"It is now," Kris harshly stepped on the gas, the policemen shooting because of the sudden movement. Luhan did his best to deflect the bullets. Sun Young used wind magic to help the alpha.

 

Once they were in front of the ramp, everyone stared at Kris like he was crazy.

 

"Yah, are you nuts?!," Key snapped. "What if we crash into the building?!"

 

"We won't," Kris glanced at Luhan, who got the message instantly. He let Sun Young deflect the bullets with her wind magic while he started using his telekinesis on the car.

 

The car jumped up the ramp, all the passengers, except Luhan and Kris, screaming their lungs out. All the policemen and citizens stared at the car in midair. One kid even cheered while saying that it was just like Grand Theft Auto. Everyone released their breaths when safely landed behind the police cars.

 

"Holy beef balls!," Sun Young was giving her seatbelt a death grip. She glanced at Kris with angry eyes. "Next time, at least give us a warning!"

 

"I can't believe we made it!," Chen was smirking.

 

"Of course we made it," Luhan was sweating all over. "I controlled the car to keep it in a straight direction."

 

"You did?!," Baekhyun's eyes--- eye, sparkled. "That's so cool!"

 

"It won't be so cool if you try it out yourself," Luhan chuckled even though he was tired.

 

"Huh, that's strange...," Chanyeol was looking at the empty road behind them. "The police are gone."

 

"Well, duh," Key was sweating like a pig and looked really stressed. "I made us, and the car, invisible. Thank me later."

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

Minho was sitting acrosse Taemin, who had just woken up. They were playing with some cards they saw under the bed.

 

Minho groaned after he lost for the nth time. "Why are you so good at this?"

 

Taemin looked around. Nobody else was in the room so he leaned in and whispered. "I used to be a gambler."

 

"And?," Minho said blankly while shuffling the cards in his hands.

 

"What do you mean and? Everyone in this house thinks that I'm the innocent maknae! What would they think after kowing that I was a gambler?!," Taemin sprawled on the bed.

 

Minho sprawled next to Taemin. "So you're trying to keep an image?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter