Sixteen ~ Welcome Back

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Sixteen: Welcome Back

 

​Key shrieked when a loud slam of the door woke him up from his slumber. He fell off the bed and groaned. He turned to the side and saw a noisy brown (?) crow flapping its wings around.

 

Key groaned again. "Onew-hyung, what seems to be so important that you had to wake me up?"

 

Onew the crow just kept cawing and flapping his wings.

 

"Hyung, I can't understand a thing you're saying," Key sat on the floor and sighed. For some reason, Onew had a tendency to shift into random animals whenever he was excited or in panic mode.

 

Onew the crow flew and pecked Key on the head multiple times.

 

"Y-Yah! Stop that!," Key grabbed Onew the crow by the feet. He stared at Onew, who was now upside down. "Why don't you just shift into a human and explain normally?"

 

Onew the crow suddenly bit Key's nose. Key screamed and thrashed around while he tried pulling the crow away from his nose.

 

Luhan, who was taking a nap in the other room, woke up because of Key's high-pitched screams. He rubbed his eyes as he covered his ears with his pillow but the screams penetrated through the cotton. He kicked the covers off him and walked out of the room, unconciously dragging the pillow behind him.

 

The door slammed open and Luhan was a bit dumbfounded by the scene in front of him. It's not everyday that you see a brown crown biting a werewolf's nose. He stomped forward and pulled Onew the crow away from Key.

 

"What's going on here?," Luhan yawned. "Why are you two so noisy?"

 

Key massaged his red nose. "Why don't you ask Onew-hyung here? He just came in like that!"

 

Luhan sighed and put Onew on the ground. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

 

Onew the crow cawed.

 

Luhan's eyes widened. "W-What?! Where?! Why didn't you say sooner?!"

 

Onew cawed again. Key stared at his hyungs in confusion.

 

"Key, tell Lay to come to the kitchen immediately!," Luhan used his telekinesis to open the door and ran out the room, almost tripping on his long pajamas in the process.

 

Key just blinked with a blank expression. "What?"

 

"Just do it!," Luhan shouted through telepathy, giving Key a big headache.

 

Since Luhan sounded like he was in a hurry, Key ran out the room with Onew the crow, who was following him from behind. He opened every door he passed by, since he didn't know where Lay was. He even accidentally opened a bathroom door and he didn't want to know the identity of the person showering inside.

 

Key finally found Lay in the guest room. He was playing cards with Suho and they were both on the floor.

 

"Oh, hey Key!," Suho cheered.

 

Onew had shifted back into a human after he calmed down. He ignored Suho and pulled Lay from the floor. "You need to go to the kitchen. Now."

 

"Can't you cook on your own?," Lay groaned.

 

"Yah! It isn't like that!," Onew hissed. "You need to heal Kai and Sun Young!"

 

"What?!," Suho, Lay and Key chorused.

 

"Hurry up!," Onew pushed Lay out of the room. "Luhan is screaming in my head right now!"

 

All four people ran downstairs, Onew slipping and falling from the stairs in the process. Luckily, he morphed into a frog before he could hit the floor.

 

Suho was the first one who made it to the kitchen.

 

Kai was laying on Taemin's lap, blood coating his legs and abdomen. Taemin was obviously flustered with the situation in front of him. He was only staring at his hands, which were drenched in Kai's blood. There were tears starting to form in his eyes.

 

Luhan had torn his white t-shirt and wrapped the cloth around Sun Young's bleeding leg. She was unconcious and was leaning on Luhan's shoulder.

 

"Where the hell is Lay?!," Luhan screamed angrily while using his telekinesis to continue the bandaging.

 

"I'm here!," Lay popped his head from the doorway.

 

"Heal Kai," Luhan tore another portion of his shirt. His abdomen was already exposed. "I'll take care of Sun Young."

 

Lay nodded. He stepped closer to Kai but paused when his nose caught a familiar smell. He winced and stepped away. "I-I can't."

 

"What do you mean you can't?," Key spat.

 

"His blood," Lay was still stepping farther away from Kai. "There's vervaine in his blood."

 

Everyone paused and processed the situation. Taemin blinked and looked at Kai.

 

Suho was the first one who reacted. "Taemin, get away from Kai!,"

 

Too late. Taemin had already smelled the vervaine in Kai's blood, which was all over him, and it was starting to take effect on him. The maknae started feeling dizzy so he stood up but fainted five minutes later.

 

As if there was a connection between the two, Minho had arrived at the exact moment when Taemin fainted. He caught his best friend before he could hit the ground.

 

Minho was flustered with the sight of Taemin being drenched in blood. "T-Taeminnie?"

 

"Minho, wipe off all the blood on Taemin," Suho said gently, in order not to panic Minho. "Make sure that he's wiped clean."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter