One ~ Reliving The Past

You Can't Screw With Destiny ( EXO au )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE            

"We're not freaks... we're just unique." -- Park Chanyeol

 

 

 

*PLEASE READ THE LAST CHAPTER FIRST*

 

Chapter One: Reliving The Past

 

"That's it Sun Young, concentrate your energy on your palms."

 

Park Sun Young, heiress to the throne of the legendary hunter and magical, was eight years old when she started learning magic. Her father, the King, hired the finest magicals and warriors to train the Park twins.

 

Right now, Sun Young was practicing her healing magic. She was kneeled before a withered flower, both her hands were hovered above it. She could feel the sweat flowing down her forehead as she concentrated on her palms. Soon, a faint white light glowed from her palms. The flower slowly returned to life as both Sun Young and her teacher stared in awe.

 

"Very good, Sun Young! You have mastered the most basic spell of magic, the healing spell!"

 

Sun Young giggled. Since she was still young and innocent, she still didn't understand the importance of her learning magic. She didn't understand the importance of her twin brother, Chanyeol, learning how to fight with weapons. She didn't understand the dark path that was laid in front of her and the unwanted destiny that was meant for her.

 

Just then, an arrow flew high from the sky and punctured the magic teacher's hat. It stuck on the tree, landing only a few inches from Sun Young's face.

 

Park Chanyeol, twin brother of Sun Young and also the heir to the throne, snickered as he watched the teacher get up and yell. He released another arrow, this time puncturing the teacher's braided hair. 

 

"CHANYEOL!," The magic teacher, Min Xi, screamed as she tried pulling out the arrow from her hair.

 

"Now, now, Min Xi," Kuga, the skill teacher, patted Chanyeol's shoulders. "Chanyeol is just practicing his archery skills."

 

"He skewered my braid!," Min Xi cried, making Chanyeol snicker.

 

"Min Xi-ssi, relax, he was just practicing," Kuga said with a stern voice.

 

Min Xi huffed and gave Chanyeol one last glare before turning back to Sun Young. She was carrying a wounded rabbit and using her magic to heal it.

 

Chanyeol stared at his sister. He didn't want to learn magic. Being the mature brother, he actually understood why he and his sister needed training. Why did they have to be the heir? Why couldn't they have a brighter destiny?

 

ㅇㅇㅇ

 

The day that Chanyeol dreaded the most finally arrived. It was time for him to learn magic. He didn't want to... but he had to.

 

Chanyeol hated magic for another reason. It just wasn't his thing. His sister, Sun Young, could use magic so naturally that it was like she was born with it. He, on the other hand, was skilled went it came to combat and weaponry. Their skills were completely opposite... maybe it was the "fraternal twins" thing?

 

"Now, Chanyeol. I'll be teaching you a basic spell... the fire spell," Min Xi said with a nod. Chanyeol ignored her.

 

Min Xi sighed and took Chanyeol's hands. "Concentrate your energy on your palms. Think of heat and flames. Calm your body and breath slowly. Soon, you'll have a fireball in your hand."

 

Chanyeol wasn't interested but the idea of creating a fireball with his hand amazed him. He closed his eyes and focused on his palms, thinking of all things related to heat. He felt like his head was going to explode because of what he was doing. He started sweating all over. He opened his eyes and looked at his empty palms.

 

Min Xi gave Chanyeol a reassuring look. "Don't worry, Chanyeol. You'll be able to do it after a bit of training."

 

Chanyeol was obviously disappointed but he nodded anyway. Why couldn't do it the first time, like his sister? Maybe magic wasn't his specialty...

 

A crying Sun Young suddenly bursted into the room, catching both Chanyeol and Min Xi's attention. She ran straight to her brother and cried harder.

 

"Oppa... help me," Sun Young cried. It was then that Chanyeol noticed that his sister was full of bruises and scratches.

 

Chanyeol was mad. Who did this to his sister? Who?!

 

"SUN YOUNG!," Kuga entered the room with anger. Sun Young hid behind Min Xi.

 

"Kuga! What did you do to Sun Young?!," Min Xi shouted angrily.

 

"She wouldn't listen to me... so I punished her," Kuga said a sick and twisted grin.

 

Min Xi's eyes widened. "How could you?! She's only eight years old!"

 

"You didn't let me finish!," Kuga screamed, making Min Xi and Sun Young flinch. "I tried to punish her but she ran off!"

 

Chanyeol stepped forward. His eyes had a dark shade in them. He was obviously angry. His fists and teeth were clenched as he walked towards the man.

 

"Oh, hey Chanyeol," Kuga said with a grin, like Chanyeol didn't understand the situation.

 

"You hurt my sister and you're going to regret it," Chanyeol said coldly.

 

Kuga laughed loudly. "What can you do? You can't even cast a fire spell!"

 

Something suddenly snapped inside Chanyeol. He felt different. He felt... stronger. His eyes turned to a shade of dark red as he stepped in front of Kuga. He flicked his wrist and grabbed Kuga's arm. 

 

Kuga's arm sizzled under Chanyeol's touch. The adult could do nothing but scream as he watched his arm's flesh melt before his eyes.

 

Chanyeol released his grip on Kuga's arm, which was now sizzled to the bone. "I may not be able to cast a fire spell... but I can do this."

 

Chanyeol flicked both of his wrists, making fireballs erupt from both of his hands. The flames soon stuck to his arms. His feet were on fire. The floor burned with every footstep he made. He became a walking fireball. Even his eyes were burning with anger.

 

He walked towards a cowering Kuga. He stared at him with his burning eyes. 

 

Chanyeol flicked his wrist one last time.

 

"Burn."

 

Kuga erupted into flames. Only his screams could be heard as he desperately rolled around to estuingish the fire. Soon, the screams died and the burning body turned limp.

 

Chanyeol turned around and walked towards Min Xi and Sun Young. His footsteps burned to the floor with every step. He shot a burning glare at Min Xi before she backed away slowly.

 

He kneeled down in front of his sister. "Sun Young... are you okay?"

 

"Get away from me!," Sun Young screamed, making Chanyeol freeze.

 

"Sun Young, I--"

 

"You're not my brother! Where's Chanyeol-oppa?!," Sun Young backed away as tears streamed down her face.

 

Chanyeol snapped back to reality and stared at his crying sister. Sun Young now saw him as a monster. A burning, killing monster. He looked at his hands, they were blazing red with flames. For some reason, the fire didn't burn him. He looked at Kuga's burning corpse and flinched. 

 

He regretted looking at his reflection on the polished floor.

 

Chanyeol did not see himself in his reflection. Yes it was him--- another him. The Chanyeol in the reflection was smirking sickly, like he was proud of taking someone's life. 

 

"Did you have fun, taking someone's life like that?"

 

Chanyeol froze. Was the reflection... talking to him?

 

The him in the reflection showed off a twisted smile.

 

"I don't know about you... but I had fun watching him die."

 

Chanyeol punched the tiled floor, cracks appearing in the spot where his reflection was. He started breathing heavily. Who was that in the reflection? It looked like him... but it wasn't him.

 

But now he was gone... right?

 

"Oh, Chanyeol... you can't get rid of me."

 

Chanyeol covered his ears, only to discover that the voice was coming from inside his head.

 

"Get out of my head," He said with gritted teeth.

 

The voice in his head laughed. "Sorry to burst your bubble Chanyeol but I can't... it's because I'm you."

 

"You're not me."

 

"I'm the evil you. I'm the bloodthirsty, killing machine side of you."

 

"You didn't have to kill him," Chanyeol said slowly. "Imprisoning him was enough."

 

The voice chuckled. "Oh, Chanyeol... stupid, naive little Chanyeol...I'm not the one who wanted to kill him... I merely gave you your fire magic."

 

"W-What?," Chanyeol stuttered.

 

"The one who had the urge to kill wasn't me... it was you."

 

"N-No..."

 

"You wanted to kill him."

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter