-7-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam Joon let out a yawn, stretching his back as TaeHyung and he strolled towards the bus stop after a long night at work. “Wow, I could really use a warm bath right now,” he commented as he pulled his jacket around him tighter to which TaeHyung adamantly agreed. “We could shower together to save water.” Nam Joon teased, as he noticed TaeHyung’s troubled face as he fiddled with his handphone for the 10th time that evening.

“Ew,” TaeHyung scoffed but let out a small smile anyways, the first in many days.

“Finally.” Nam Joon sighed in relief, “So tell me, what’s been bothering you lately?”

TaeHyung shook his head as he quickly slid his phone into his back pocket.

“Come on,” Nam Joon continued to coax, “I’ve known you for 7 years. I can read you like a book. Even if you try to hide.” He paused. “Is it about JungKook?” He guessed.

TaeHyung sighed in defeat. “The clinic texted me to collect JungKook’s medicine the day after tomorrow. I can’t drag it out any longer. They are rushing me and JungKook has ran out of meds too.”

Nam Joon nodded knowingly, knowing where this conversation was heading. “Hyung has some money with me now. Tell me how much you ne-“

“It’s okay, I don’t want to burden you with these stuffs. I will find a way.” TaeHyung rejected with a soft voice, the usual toughness in his eyes disappeared before Nam Joon and were replaced with worry.

NamJoon hesitated for a moment. “But Tae, what are you expecting by feeding him so much medicine one after another? He’s not going to-“

“He is my brother! I can’t just watch him be like this.” TaeHyung retorted, almost shouting. “I’m sorry for that.”

Nam Joon just gave him a pat on the shoulder. “I know.”

And soon after, silence fell and a sense of helplessness tingled in their hearts.

 

The pair boarded the bus after a moment of silence and the two instantly slumped into the empty seats on the last row. “Why is business so quiet nowadays?” TaeHyung initiated but Nam Joon just shrugged. “If only we had errands to run maybe then I’ll be able to get the money by the day after tomorrow.” TaeHyung let out a small laugh to mask his desperation.

Just as the two were prepared to take a short nap, the bus jerked to an abrupt stop before its door opened, allowing a teenage girl to board the bus. Hiding her head within the black hood, she tucked her hands into her front pockets and headed for the empty seats before TaeHyung.  

“It’s her,” TaeHyung mumbled, a bit too loud for just himself to hear and Nam Joon adjusted himself in the seat.

“Who?”

But TaeHyung just kept quiet as he examined the girl walking in their direction. The way her bangs and hair fell, paired with those glistening eyes, it was undoubtedly the same Ha Yeon he saw at detention just a few hours ago, except this time, she was not cheerful and instead almost lifeless like a walking robot. It was the same girl he saw yesterday. He knew it. “What the hell…” He raised a brow but Ha Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter