-33-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YAH! Leave the last KimBap for me!" NamJoon yelled as he ran out of the kitchen with a filled glass of water as HoSeok cheekily with the last piece in his chopsticks. As NamJoon crashed his bottom on the floor, ready to wrestle HoSeok if he had to, Hoseok popped the last KimBap into his own mouth and made a face. As if on cue Namjoon hurled forward and jokingly tried to pry the kimbap out of HoSeok's mouth, setting everyone into a crazy fit of laughter. "YAH! YOU SHOULDN'T BE CALLED J-HOPE! YOU SHOULD BE J-HOPELESS! I haven't even had a KimBap!!!!! My kimbap!!!!! I can hear it calling for me from your tummy!" NamJoon yelled childishly before letting HoSeok go as though the previous did not even happen and sipped on his water. 

"Yah! That crazy bastard whom I've known for 8 years just ing tried to kill me over a piece of KimBap. Way to put the friendship to test." He teased back, coughing, half from Kimbap left in his throat and his other from his realization that HaYeon was listening in on all his explosive language.  

 

HaYeon watched with wide-eyes. Seeing how she seemed slightly surprised, almost worried about the whole choking situation, Jimin spoke up. "Don't worry we are always like that.” He smiled. 

TaeHyung just let out a soft laugh as he began packing up the empty food boxes. "Yeah, they won't die so easily." 

HaYeon smiled shyly as she tried to hide her face with embarrassment stemming from her inability to control her expression. She then extended her hand out to help with the clearing when the boys unanimously stopped her and shooed her away into a corner, telling her to rest up and not meddle with “Boys’ matter”. 

Just as they said that, the boys quickly tied the ends of the bag with all the rubbish in it securely and gathered in a circle naturally. Staring at each other intently, they waited for Jin’s verbal cue. “Do it like a man- Scissors Paper Stone!” 

On cue, the boys put out their hands in different forms before an uproar happened as three boys groaned dramatically, while the rest jumped up in joy. Pulling themselves together, the three boys then gathered together again for another round. 
“Do it… Like a man.” NamJoon’s voice echoed as he glared at the other two boys, “Scissors paper Stone!” 

 

The room once again exploded with screams and cheers as TaeHyung stared at his own fist, unable to move. “Five times in a row! We could always trust on TaeHyung to put the ‘stone’ out at every crucial game.” NamJoon cheered as he mocked TaeHyung for losing that game for the fifth day in a row. Whining, TaeHyung then tapped Jin on the shoulder, begging him to do it for him instead that one day as it is really cold outside but Jin just shrugged, his face smug. Guess the younger boy was not working any of his magic on Jin that night. 

 

 


TaeHyung pulled a jacket over his body, the thickest he could find, before he picked up the bag of rubbish and headed for the door. “I’ll come with you!” HaYeon announced as she took one of the bags out of TaeHyung’s hand before he could even reach the door. 

“Don’t be silly, just stay in here it’s warmer.” 

HaYeon shook her head stubbornly and insisted on doing something for the boys, considering she came in for the night without warning. In actual fact, she was not sure if she could be in that room without TaeHyung. Giving in, TaeHyung then took off the jacket he had on him and handed it to her. “Well then put this on. It’s not going to be enough, but at least it’s something.” 

Without a second to waste, he then grabbed a thinner coat lying on the floor and open to door. “No regrets?” He laughed. 

“No regrets.” 

 

 

The two walked down the street in silence, TaeHyung constantly checking to see if HaYeon was alright. Keeping her actions to a minimum, she carefully wiped her nose which turned runny in the cold weather, but tried not to alert TaeHyung. After all, she did feel bad enough that she had intruded and caused TaeHyung so much trouble in a matter of just 3 days and she did not want him to bother much about her anymore.

From afar, a faint stench lingered in the air as the two approached a large rubbish point. HaYeon’s nose twitched and her eyes slightly uncomfortable at the stench that thickened with each step they took closer to it. 

TaeHyung smiled a little at that sight. “Are you afraid of bugs?” 

HaYeon’s eyes widened and nodded vigorously, expressing her disdain with all her might. 

TaeHyung let out an unexpected chuckle catching HaYeon off guard, “Then can you throw well?” 

HaYeon paused at his sudden question before nodding, a small smile creeping up her face as she answered. “Yeah I guess. I used to play basketball, believe it or not.” 

He paused. “Great. Then you do it.” He announced as they arrived near one of the bins, and handed HaYeon the bag of rubbish he had in his hand. “Stay where you are.” He instructed as he took three steps closer to the bin. “When I count to three, I will open the lid and you throw it in. Then without turning back, run away. I will be behind you. Make sure you do it well or this might just become your worst nightmare.” He said with a smirk. 

“One… Two… Three!” Immediately, he lifted up the lid and a dozen of large fully grown cockroaches climbed out from within. “Now!” He called as he hopped in his spot to prevent the cockroaches from coming near him, waiting for HaYeon to do her job, his disgusted face saying it all. “HURRY UP!”

HaYeon’s eyes widened at the sight and without a second to waste, tossed both bags into the bin accurately from a distant before turning around to run. “Come TaeHyung!” She screamed as she ran a distant away, TaeHyung following suit after dumping the lid back on.

 

 

“Are there any on me?!” HaYeon shrieked as she jumped on the spot in a circle, a good 200 metres away from the bins as TaeHyung looked around. 

“Yoon Ha Yeon…” He started, his voice soft but serious. “Don’t move.” He gulped as he took a step away from her. “There’s one on your back.” 

On cue, HaYeon started jumping towards TaeHyung, screaming for him desperately, “Get it off! Get it off!”. But TaeHyung just backed away whenever she came nearer. Tears were welling up in her eyes and she just could not believe it was happening to her. However, soon enough, TaeHyung’s chuckle echoed through the street, his voice following soon after. 

“Yah, I was just joking with you. There is nothing on your back.” He coughed between laughter at her reaction, her teary eyes not getting to him one bit. Instead he choked out an insincere ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter