-30-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TaeHyung stood at the door for a second as he took a deep breath, trying to register what he had just told Jimin. He never knew that by saying that out, his heart would feel heavier. He thought he would feel free and liberated that he was finally able to come clean with his best friend. But guess not. The silence that followed his confession earlier made TaeHyung’s heart clench with guilt for hurting his friend’s heart. And because he too in his heart, knew that he probably had a better chance at forming a relationship with HaYeon than Jimin.

TaeHyung refused to admit. All the times he caught HaYeon sneaking glances at him, the way she would blush when he talked to her but not towards Jimin, and when she allowed him to hug her but wimp at even a high-five with Jimin. He tried to ignore it and tell himself that he shouldn’t notice these things. He shouldn’t feel happy about these things. So he suppressed it and tried his very best to keep an emotional and physical distance, hoping his friend would catch on and take it as a chance to move forward with her. Yet despite knowing all these, he couldn’t tell if it was guilt or regret eating him up. But he knew by then, it was irreversible.

 

Standing before the door, he hesitated again before sliding it open and entered, facing HaYeon with a brand new outlook on his feelings towards her, and possibly, her as a person.

 

TaeHyung stepped in, the staleness of the ward greeted him as he put the basin gently beside HaYeon and sat down with a relieved sigh. His legs slightly sore from all the running he did and his mind tired. He watched HaYeon’s sleeping figure and decided that she probably was not going to get up any time soon before laying his head down on the side of her bed, his head turned to face her. He had his arm laid on the bed in a cross, his head resting on it as he took glances at HaYeon, wondering if she was feeling better, if she was having a dream, or if she was having a hard time in her sleep. Secretly, he reached out for her hands resting by her side as he caressed her fingers gently, as though telling her not to be afraid and that there was someone with her. Letting go quickly after that as though afraid that he would get caught, his face creased into a slight smile as he watched her, hoping that having him by her side that evening would relieve some of her anxiety even though she might not realize it. And with that, his eyes quickly fluttered close as he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

Jimin didn’t. In fact Jimin couldn’t. All the times he caught HaYeon looking at TaeHyung affectionately, the way she would keep a distance but her actions showed that she wants to be closer to him, and the way TaeHyung would try his best to create opportunities for Jimin to become closer to HaYeon, he could not help but feel upset.

Not because of his friend’s help, or the way she looked at him, and also not beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter