-41-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crying persisted for 15 minutes now and the boys found it hard to ignore. One by one, they sat up in the living room where 7 boys lay, unsure of what they should do. 

“Stop!” A voice from inside the room rang and the boys instantly knew it was HaYeon. Jin, with his eyes half open, then reached for TaeHyung and urged him to check out what was going on. Yawning, TaeHyung got up and made his way past the bunch of boys who were awaken in pitch darkness. With his hands stretched out before him, he tried to look for the door knob.

 

“Yoon Ha Yeon?” TaeHyung’s voice croaked as he poked his head in to check in on them. Almost instantly, an object came flying in his direction and crashed against the wall beside him. The loud crash startled everyone in the house and HwanHee’s crying worsened. It did not take much for TaeHyung to know that HaYeon had just thrown the glass cup of water they had prepared for her before she went to bed at him. 

“Go away!” HaYeon screamed uncontrollably as she shook and hugged herself. “And you stop crying as well!” She shouted at HwanHee to no avail. The child just wailed even louder. TaeHyung’s hand glided across the wall on his left and reached for the switch. The bright light in the room momentarily blinded the three in the room and TaeHyung squinted to get his vision on track. He took a quick glance in the corner the object laid shattered into many pieces and confirmed that it was the glass cup. Despite her violent objections, he casually jumped over the shards that spewed all over the floor and moved towards HaYeon. 

Even though he seemed stoic and calm, a million thoughts ran through his mind as he contemplated how he should approach her. However, he then took a turn and headed for HwanHee first. Unsure of how he should do it, he slipped his hands under the baby’s arms and lifted her up into mid-air. 

“What do I... How do I... What should I... Do?” TaeHyung muttered to himself. 

“Hold her to... Your chest and pat her.” HaYeon’s muffled voice came from the corner she was hiding in under the blanket, forcing herself to calm down. TaeHyung could tell that she was wary of him still but had toned down a lot more now that there was an extra pair of hands. Taking her advice to mind, he brought the baby to his chest and supported her back with one hand and placed the other under the baby’s bum. Gently, he patted her back and to his surprise, HwanHee calmed down almost immediately. 

TaeHyung broke out into a relieved smile at that. With that, HaYeon’s anxiety seemed to reduce as well and her breathing gradually becoming more consistent. Finally after a while, she removed the blanket from over her head and peeked at TaeHyung who was cradling her baby to sleep. TaeHyung caught her looking and gave her a reassuring smile before she could hide her face again. 


“Can’t sleep?” TaeHyung whispered, cautious not to wake the baby up again. He noticed how her face was pale and her eyes bloodshot. The white sheets were stained with blood in patches. 

HaYeon nodded, “I had a nightmare,” she answered in a timid voice. 

“What kind of nightmare?” TaeHyung asked in return as he rocked the baby in his arms. 

HaYeon grabbed the blanket closer to her and subconsciously started biting on it. She stared into the distance blankly as though nothing was going into her mind. But TaeHyung knew she was replaying her nightmare in her mind. After some time, she started shaking her head and the biting became more aggressive and ferocious. 

Noting how HwanHee was already fast asleep, he carefully knelt on the mattress and placed HwanHee down. Then, he moved to sit on the floor by the bed HaYeon was on and turned his attention to HaYeon. 


“Did you dream of someone?” TaeHyung probed, unsure of what he should be doing if he does not know what was going on. It was 3am in the morning, barely 2 hours after they all went to bed and his mind was as blank as can be. As guilty as it is, he even found his eyelids threatening to close any moment despite the tense situation he was in. He was just that tired from everything that happened lately. But with the girl before him, he found motivation to keep as awake as possible. “Or did you dream of an incident?” He continued seeing how HaYeon made no effort to communicate with him. At that point in time seeing how out of it HaYeon was, TaeHyung even contemplated giving her JungKook’s antidepressants and anti-anxiety doses. 

 

Eyeing the patches of blood on the bed he heaved out, “be careful with your wounds. Don’t let it split further.” After consideration he suggested, “Do you want me to reapply the cream for you? S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter