-10-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rang. After 7 torturous hours of lessons, worn-out students had a burst of energy as they sprung up in their seats and began packing their bags. Used to this, the teacher did not even bother giving the lesson a proper ending and instead prepared to leave as well.

TaeHyung and Jimin, on the other hand, took their own sweet time to pack their bags as it was time for the dreaded detention. Heaving out a huge sigh, the two slung their bags onto their shoulders and walked out of class towards the office as though it was already a routine.

“Where’s the third one?” Mr Ahn firstly asked as the pair stepped in. Without even greeting him, the two ignored his question and demanded for the list of things that needed to be done. Mr Ahn gladly instructed them their jobs as Ha Yeon stepped into the office couple of minutes after and the trio left to get their work done.

 

TaeHyung arrived at the room first and with the key Mr Ahn had given him, he unlocked the room and found himself a place to sit while waiting for the other two to bring up the cleaning materials. He whipped out his phone for the nth time that day, checking it as though waiting for an important call when he finally saw what he was waiting for. A small smile crept onto his face. As he heard footsteps nearing, he stuffed the phone back into his pocket and got up to get started quickly but was unable to wipe away the look of relief on his face. “Why do you look so glad?” Jimin asked as he stepped into the room, placing the supplies down on one of the tables. TaeHyung said nothing, instead, used tilted his chin slightly, signalling JiMin to check his phone. Jimin did so and the same smile spread across his face.

“We should be happy right?”

Tae Hyung nodded, “Thank goodness. Finally.”  

Jimin smiled back, “Okay then let’s hurry and get the job done and get out of here.”

 

 

“Aish… Why am I always the one cleaning the windows?” TaeHyung grumbled as he lost in the game of scissors paper stone, the smile on his face earlier had been masked by a look of annoyance. JiMin jumped around the room happily as Ha Yeon retracted her hand shyly, observing the two friends interact. Without a word, she went to the corner, picked up a broom and began doing her job. At the same time, TaeHyung and Jimin too got started.

“Did anyone take the detergent to clean the windows just now from the cleaners’ room?” TaeHyung asked as he realized it was not around. The other two just stared at him before Ha Yeon spoke.

“Er... I must have forgot.” She replied, slightly embarrassed that she had forgotten about it on her way up. “I’ll go get it.” And before TaeHyung could even stop her, she left her broom leaning on the wall and left.

“What a jerk you are, making a girl do your job.” Jimin teased as he continued wiping the furniture.

“It was her job to bring up the cleaning supplies anyways.” TaeHyung retorted as though he did not mind, although he did feel a little uneasy about Ha Yeon making that extra trip for him. It was his job after all to clean the windows.

 

 

Ha Yeon walked down the empty hallways towards the cleaners’ room at the end, a smile on her face as she ran her finger through her hair getting rid of the tangles that had formed in the day. Grabbing the detergent from the room quickly, she locked the door behind her and was about to make her way up the stairs back to the class when she had accidentally bumped into a girl. Slightly surprised, Ha Yeon looked up to see that she had bumped into a girl slightly taller than she was and immediately greeted her with an apologetic smile. Before the girl could even say anything Ha Yeon quickly apologized thinking it was a small matter and was about to leave when the girl held Ha Yeon back by her collar.

The expressions of the girls standing behind darkened and the girl who HaYeon bumped into was obviously frustrated.

“Is that detergent you are holding?” The girl prompted, her voice eerily soft as she noticed the small patch of liquid that had stained her blazer when Ha Yeon bumped into her. Ha Yeon looked at her without a know of what was happening and nodded.

“I was going to bring-“

“THAT FILTHY THING TOUCHED ME AND STAINED MY UNIFORM! HOW DARE YOU?! DON’T YOU HAVE EYES? DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?” The girl suddenly roared as she rolled her eyes and the girls standing behind her giggled at HaYeon’s shocked expression as she noticed the patch of liquid on her clothes that may have led her to fla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter