-29-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Groggily with her eyes still close, she reached out again and grabbed for his arm resting on the side of the bed before she turned her head sideways, in an ‘o’ shape, vomit threatening to come out any moment.

Swiftly, TaeHyung’s eyes shot open and reached for the basin beside HaYeon’s bed, placing it below as she arched forward, green fluid flowing out of . Gently, he patted her back in an upward motion then when she laid back down again, still in a sleep as though without a knowledge of the world around her, he pulled a tissue and dabbed it over . Once again, he tried to wake her up to see if she wanted some water to soothe but to no avail. She barely even moved. Pulling the blanket over her to keep her warm, he sat back down in the chair again and shook sleep out of himself. Patting his face with his hands twice, he causally reached for the dirty basin and stood up.

 

His heart hurts, seeing her in pain. His mind went back and forth about why HaYeon was being like this, what Kai had on her and … who she is. But the more he thought about it, the more he felt himself wanting to protect her. To make sure she never feels afraid again, or cry like that alone. And his heart ached, knowing fully that there was nothing he can do for her.

And it ached even more, reminded of JungKook.

 

He does not know how many times it has been but for the nth time that evening, he made a trip to the washroom again to wash the basin HaYeon used when she felt nausea. Without any whelms, he the tap and casually got rid of the residue with his bare hands. As he rinsed the basin in the tap, he repeatedly caught himself dazing and almost dozing off. It was a long day. A very long night be exact. And he couldn’t deny that he was beyond exhausted.

It was 4am in the morning and he has not been home since. Jimin called him numerous times but his phone had almost gone out of battery by the time he noticed. Heaving out a sigh, he wondered how JungKook was that night, if he ate, threw a tantrum again, looked for him, or even slept at all.

 

He knew his brother would be worried, so would Jimin especially after the encounter with Kai. Unable to contain it further, he headed straight for the public phone down the corridor after he exited the washroom instead of HaYeon's ward. Standing before the phone, he fiddled in his pockets for a few measly coins, sufficient to make a call home. 

Bringing the phone to his ear, he punched in the numbers confidently and waited. He barely even heard the phone start beeping when the caller picked up on the other line, almost as if he was waiting or a call. 

 

"Hello?" An uncertain voice rang from the other side of the phone. 

"Jimin?" 

Almost instantly, scrambling could be heard and a door shut before the other person spoke again. 

"YAH! TAEHYUNG!" Jimin whispered as loud as he could, cautious not to create a din in the living room but certain to get his anxiousness across. "Where the hell are you?! I... I thought something had happened to you!"

 

TaeHyung heaved a sigh of relief for some reason, hearing Jimin’s voice as he allo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter