-23-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment HaYeon bid goodbye to the boys and shut the gates behind her, her legs finally gave way as she sat on the cold cement floor out in the autumn night as tears rolled down her eyes again. Images from before came back to her as she recalled how Kai told her he was going to look for her again. She recalled how the hate in TaeHyung and Jimin’s eyes looked deep enough to burn a hole through Kai, and wondered what made them like this. Did they hate him as much as she did? Did they fear him as much as she did?

 

All these while she tried to pretend like she was fine. Perhaps she really was, during the short time in TaeHyung’s embrace where she felt like it was heaven. But after that all her fear came back to her again. She just pretended like she was fine because she knew how much Jimin and TaeHyung were worried for her. So she held on to her tears and fears till she finally came back home before she crashed in despair again.

By the time she was able to pick herself off the ground again, her lips were already chapped and her hands slightly blue from the cold. She stumbled into the house and with the help of a concerned Mrs Jung, made her way up to her room where she once again locked the doors behind her and headed straight for her drawers. Fumbling through it carelessly, she pulled whatever was in her way out of her drawer until she finally got her hands on a small transparent bottle. Without much thought, she popped two antianxiety pills from the bottle onto her palm and straight into . Without any liquids, she forced the pills down and breathed heavily again, trying to calm herself down while waiting for the medication to take its effect. For a good 20 minutes she sat back into her corner behind the door where she deemed as her safe haven and tried to erase all thoughts from before.

The way Kai’s eyes seemed to pierce into her soul, life out of her, and his voice that rang in her head like a head-throbbing siren. Everything overwhelmed her as she forced herself not to remember what had happened then. Gradually, her heart beat slowed down and her breathing back to normal. She tilted her head back in peace and rested for a moment before getting up and heading for the shower without even taking a look at HwanHee.

By the time she was out of the shower, she was in a lighter mood and she could finally hear herself think again. Carefully, she crept onto the bed beside HwanHee and patted her baby’s bulging tummy gently. Placing her head right before HwanHee’s face, she closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath of her baby’s scent as a smile spread across her face.

It was good. She was good. Life… is going to be good.

Or perhaps… it was the medicine talking.

 

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, her phone vibrated crudely on her bed, shocking her. Not wanting it to wake her child, she made an acrobatic stretch for the phone on the other end of the bed and brought it to her face. The bright light from the phone shocked her eyes and she squinted to make sense of the text on her screen. A small smile popped up on her face as she read Jimin’s text, asking her out. Without much thought, she reckoned that he and TaeHyung must have planned it to make her feel better from the incident that had occurred before. A warm feeling took over her heart as she typed back with much excitement about the first official outing with her friends.

‘TaeHyung is coming along right?’ She typed back subconsciously after agreeing to the outing, reassuring her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter