-3-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rod swung towards his head, missing it by an inch, drawing a neat cut on his cheeks. He winced slightly but quickly swallowed the pain as he hung his head low again, his eyes focused on his knees on the ground, his best friend leaning on him, energy drained out of him as well.

“I told you idiots to get the money back from that guy today, but what did you do? You only got back ¼ of it AND you gave him another chance. Boys, it is NOT the first time. What do you think I am? Some sort of charity organisation?! I did not train you guys to be so incompetent! When I want my money back you jolly well get it back for me! That’s what you guys are for! If they refuse, do what you do best! Beat them up, burn their house, DO SOMETHING! NOT GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE! There is SIX of you don’t tell me you can’t even do something to get the money back!” The masculine figure roared as he lashed out blindly at the six figures kneeling in front of him once again mercilessly, sending one after another collapsing on the floor.

 

‘You guys are utterly useless. The older you guys get the more daring you become huh? Since you only got back ¼ of the amount, you shall just get 10 percent of your pay. 10 percent effort, 10 percent pay. Incompetence!” And with that, the man pulled out a few crumpled notes, threw it before them and stomped out of the empty warehouse, leaving the six boys alone.

 

“Ha!” A deep coarse voice forced out as he pulled himself up and staggered towards the rest of the group when the warehouse was finally cleared. “That was a good round wasn’t it?” He said sarcastically as he helped the rest of the boys up. “All that beating and nothing left for us.” He let out an angry laugh again as he spat the remaining blood in his mouth out. “Are you guys alright?”

The rest groaned as they picked themselves up, struggling to find their balance. “Do I look alright to you? Look at what he did to my handsome face. Ah it hurts.” Jin, the eldest in the group, commented as he looked at himself in the glass, using it as a reflector. “This better not leave a scar.”

“Looks like Nam Joon hyung got the shorter side of the blow considering how much he can still talk after all these,” Jimin teased as he helped Taehyung up, his body still slouching from the pain.

Without words, Tae Hyung pushed through the group and dragged himself to the few measly notes on the floor. With much effort, he bent down and picked it up. “Let’s just split this and get out of here.” His face lighted up by an undeniable smile tinted with blood. And almost immediately, he counted the amount of money he had in his hands and split them equally among the six boys.

“Yes! I can finally get my new shoes!” Jimin chirped happily with all the energy he has left in him as he wriggled his feet inside his already torn shoes.

NamJoon ruffled the hair of the younger boy and agreed. “Those pathetic shoes can finally go.”

“Let’s get out before he comes back again.” TaeHyung whispered between smiles as he carefully put the money into his back pocket and headed for the door with the rest of the group with all the energy they have left in them.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter