-35-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YAH! HURRY UP KIDS! You are going to get your burned again for being late!” Jin shrieked as he shuffled between the kitchen preparing a simple breakfast as usual and the living room where 6 other boys laid sprawled on the floor in a tangled mess. “Nam Joon wake up!” Jin mindlessly pulled on of the hands and dragged it up, earning an unhappy groan. 

“I’m not NamJoon!” YoonGi complained as Jin tugged on his arm thinking it was NamJoon’s. 

“Whatever, you wake up too! NOW!” Jin ordered, to which YoonGi disregarded and fell right back to sleep within seconds. 

Turning his attention to the other boys, he then kicked Jimin and TaeHyung awake but as usual, the two boys won’t even move a bit. “TAEHYUNG!!!!!!! JIMIN!!!!!!!!!!” Jin yelled in frustration as he stepped on their thighs in attempt to wake them up. Pulling his hair in frustration, he stomped off into the kitchen again to fill the glasses with freshly boiled water for the boys, gulping one down himself to relieve the annoyance he felt. 

 

Groggily, HaYeon stumbled out of bed as the commotion outside was too much for her to bear. Rubbing her eyes quickly, she scampered towards the door and opened it timidly, afraid that a fight might have broken out outside. However to her surprise, it seemed like a ground full of casualties rather than 7 outraged men fighting. 

Well just that 1…

 

“G-Good morning,” HaYeon started softly as she stepped out of the room towards Jin who was in the midst of pulling out HoSeok’s hair, keeping a safe distance between all of them, “What’s going on?” She asked, shocked. 

Jin looked at her, exhausted already as beads of perspiration dripped down the side of his face. “What?” He caught his breath before realizing what HaYeon was asking, “Oh nothing much. Just waking the boys out. Sorry if I woke you up. But you should get up too.” He breathed out, not forgetting to nag at HaYeon in the midst, before he headed for TaeHyung again, stepping on his back. “Yah! Your friend is watching this whole embarrassing scene, get up now before you humiliate yourself further!” He tried to convince but to no avail. 

A soft disgruntled, “Hyung, get your ing feet off my back,” escaped between TaeHyung’s lips as he turned his head to the other side and tried to sleep again. 
“Do you want to try?” Jin proposed to HaYeon, his voice weak and at the point of giving up, but not really expecting a ‘yes’ to that anyways. These boys are not just normal human, they are practically impossible to wake on time. Throwing his hands up in the air as he stepped off, Jin exclaimed, “You know what? I’m done. If I were to receive another letter from your school, both of you are dead. I’m going to throw you out of the house with no clothes and no food for a month. No two months! And I mean it this time. Don’t come begging hen that happens.” He rolled his eyes as he grabbed his coat hanging off the sink in the kitchen and headed for the door. “HaYeon-ssi, there is breakfast in the kitchen. It’s probably nothing much compared to what you usually have but at least it’ll keep your stomach filled till lunch. Get changed quickly or you’ll be late for school. Do you want me to take you to school?” 

 

HaYeon shook her head but thanked him for his offer, explaining that she will wait for TaeHyung and Jimin. 

Jin smiled, “Well then do you perhaps like running? Or having a good morning exercise?” 

“N-Not really, why?” 

This time Jin let out a sarcastic laugh, “Oh you are gonna get a thorough workout later for sure. See you!” He teased, “By the way, it is already 8am,” and shut the door abruptly behind him. 


HaYeon’s eyes shot open wider as she ran into the washroom to grab the brand new toothbrush Jin had prepared the night before and stuck it into , brushing vigorously. Simultaneously, she tried to step through the maze of boys without making contact with them before positioning herself between TaeHyung and Jimin. Poking them with a finger multiple times, she called out for them to wake up, alerting them of the time. 

“Yah Hyung stop it,” TaeHyung mumbled as he attempted to swat her hands away, Jimin doing the same but without words. 

“I’m not your hyung.” 

“Yah, are you disowning us just because we are not going to wake up? You are heartless.” Jimin countered, half asleep. 

“I’m not your hyung,” she repeated. “I’m HaYeon. Yoon HaYeon. And we are going to be very late.” 

This time TaeHyung’s lips cracked into a smile but his eyes still refusing to open. “Haha, Yoon Ha Yeon? Hyung, you know HaYeon too? Who are you trying to-“, But before he could continue, his words got cut short by his own realization and as if on cue, both TaeHyung and Jimin pounced up with eyes that shot open, standing extremely straight as they looked at HaYeon in shock, who seemed nothing but amused by their reaction. 

“T-Ten minutes, No, 5 minutes. I promise.” TaeHyung and Jimin hurried into the washroom where they worked together in perfect synchronization to prepare three sets of toothbrush and a wet face towel. Pushing two of the brushes into their own mouths, they carried on to rush out of the small bathroom and woke JungKook up aggressively. “Kook quickly, we are late.” Without waiting for JungKook to fully open his eyes, they pulled him up into a sitting position by the arm and TaeHyung began to scrub mindlessly with the wet towel whatever skin he could see. On the other hand, Jimin slipped the toothbrush into JungKook’s mouth and brushed quickly, causing JungKook to almost choked. As JungKook spat out the remains of the bubbled toothpaste into Jimin’s hand, he wore an expression of shock as he coughed to get the residue out of his throat, his eyes telling Jimin how much he wanted to strangle him at that moment if he could move. 

“Oops,” Jimin said insincerely as he shrugged, pouncing back into the bathroom, TaeHyung following closely behind before continuing to wash up quickly and changed at lightning speed. Absent-mindedly, the boys started to strip in the middle of the living room amidst the group of sleeping boys and headed for the bathroom together. Before the door was even shut properly, the sound of water echoed through the room and Jimin and TaeHyung could be heard shouting at each other to get out of the way as they took a quick bath together. In less than 2 minutes, the boys with their hair slightly damp carelessly pulled over their uniforms and exited to  allow HaYeon to wash up. Without even adjusting their ties, they just slung it over their necks and looked ready to fight their way to school if they had to as they banged on the washroom door multiple times urging HaYeon to hurry barely a minute after she had gone in. 

 

As though it was a routine, they hopped into the kitchen and grabbed four sets of breakfast, placing one beside JungKook and stuffing the other three into Jimin’s backpack. As soon as HaYeon stepped out of the bathroom, the boys shoved a suit of new clothes smaller in size to her, urging her to change quickly. Without a second to waste, they then pushed her to the door where she was forcefully fitted with shoes bigger than her thin feet. “Put on this jacket.” TaeHyung commanded and before she even had time to put them on, the two boys had already hastily announced as loudly as they could to the rest of the sleeping boys that it was 8:10 am before rushing off in the direction of the bus stop. HaYeon smiled at how loud thuds could be heard coming from inside the house followed but inaudible mumbles and shouts at one another. Taking in a deep breath with a smile still plastered on her face, she silently thanked the boys for making her smile that morning with their quirkiness and dashed off after TaeHyung and Jimin who by then had already been many footsteps ahead of her. 

 

“Later,” Jimin started, “Grab your uniform then run towards the direction of the gate. TaeHyung and I will run towards the gate and make a lot of noise and when Mr Ahn is not looking, sneak in. Don’t let him catch you in casual clothes.” 
TaeHyung nodded, “Make sure you come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter