-40-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaYeon laid motionlessly on the stairs as a baffled TaeHyung called out for her. Anxiously, he shouted for Jimin who came running out without a second to waste and lifted her body up into his arms. With a baby and bag in hand, TaeHyung rushed into the house after Jimin and closed the door tight behind him. Without a word, the boys frantically moved around the house to gather all the first aid items they had while Jin, with experience, figured that someone will be after HaYeon soon and rushed to shut the only two small windows they had in the house. 

"What should we do?" Yoon Gi asked as he cautiously held scraps of clean shirts over her wound to stop the excessive bleeding. 

By then, Hoseok had just found a bottle of wound disinfectant lying at the back of the cupboard and came dashing through the doors with it. 

"How do we..." NamJoon asked as he took the bottle and tried to look for instructions, worried that their carelessness might lead to undesirable outcomes. Jin took the bottle from NamJoon and read through the label as well, determined to find the instructions. 

"Maybe we can use a clean cloth, put it on then cover the wound with it while we figure something out."

Setting HwanHee on a mattress, TaeHyung peered over Jin's shoulders. "Hyung, don't you think we should just send the two to the emergency room? Their wounds don't look like something we can treat." He suggested, but knowing Jin must have had his reasons for not even thinking about it in the first place. He was after all, the most careful and anxious one out of them all. 

Jimin nodded after TaeHyung as he pressed his clean shirt over her cut on her forehead, seconding that suggestion. 


Jin looked at HaYeon and HwanHee lying in the middle of their living room, one unconscious the other exhausted and took a breath, as though thinking about what they should do. 

"What if there was someone after her?" NamJoon spoke, thinking of all the possibilities as to why she came all the way to their house instead of going to the ER straight. "And the police," he reminded, cautious of their illegal actions just earlier that night, "we might run into them". 


The boys paused as TaeHyung scanned HaYeon's injury-filled body lying helplessly. Once again, he pleaded with Jin to take them to the doctor immediately. "For God's sake, we don't even know how to use a damn wound disinfectant!", sounding almost annoyed at the hesitation even though he knew that Jin was just worrying about everyone's, HaYeon and HwanHee included, well-being and the risks. “Sorry, I mean we really shouldn’t be doing this.” 

"Someone should be after her," Jin sighed, his eyebrows furrowed in worry, "But let's do it. Not to the hospital, but to the clinic." 

 


The trip to the clinic and back was more nerve-wrecking than TaeHyung had expected it to be. Agonizing with pain as HaYeon’s entire body weight pressed on the burns on his back, he was also constantly looking out for suspicious beings around them. By his side were Jimin and Jin who looked equally nervous as they scurried towards the clinic two streets away. 

Thankfully for them, they arrived at the clinic without much whelms as the doctor, whose clinic was surprisingly empty at that time, attended to HaYeon and HwanHee almost immediately. It was smooth, unlike the usual dispute the boys were prepared to put up as they would have had at a hospital to get the doctors to attend to the girls immediately. As the boys struggled to stay awake, a piercing cry came from inside the room and they instantly recognized it to be one of a baby’s. Within seconds, a second cry came, but this time they knew that it was HaYeon’s. A ruckus started inside the room and soon after, the doctor, with a vexed expression, popped his head out of the room and requested for extra assistance from the nurse outside immediately. 

“Which one of you is HaYeon’s... Family? We are having some difficulties getting her to calm down,” The doctor questioned, unsure of the correct vocabulary in their relationship as he moved forward towards them in composure. On instinct, all three of them stood up and gave the doctor a slight bow before they shook their heads and expressed that none of them were. 

Embarrassed, TaeHyung apologized on her behalf before asking if there were any female doctors around that could attend to HaYeon. But the doctor shook his head. The doctor, though, looked complex and asked further, “But do you, by any chance, know if she takes anti-anxiety medications? And the dose of it?” 

“Y-yes she does,” TaeHyung confirmed as the two boys beside him looked at him in awe while he continued to explain in detail what he remembered seeing from the form he sign

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter