-14-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it was the way she smiled at him, or the way she waved goodbye. It could be the way she spoke, or simply even because she told him he made her day. Perhaps it was the way her eyes sparkled when she saw him smile, or the glow in her cheeks when she .

He did not know exactly was it was. But it was definitely something about her that kept her in TaeHyung’s mind that night as he made his way home after she left. He reminded himself that he did not like her romantically, but he could not deny that he was captivated by how this girl seemed so different at different times, yet the same. It was just something about her that made TaeHyung feel comfortable around her, and sometimes even want to protect her. It made him want to know her more.

But he wouldn’t. He couldn’t, to be exact.

 

                                                                                                                                            

He was snapped out of his thought when he reached his doorsteps and heard inaudible screams coming from within the house. Without even looking, he knew exactly who it was. He quickly entered the house, threw his bag in a corner and squeezed into the room where the rest of the 5 boys stood wearing tired faces, watching JungKook.

JungKook was a crying mess, his hair was all over the place and his cheeks stained beyond just a streak of dried tears. It was almost like his entire face was covered in tears. His eyes were bloodshot and puffier than usual. His lips were apart as he screamed and cried and just by the looks of it, TaeHyung knew that this had gone on for hours. The boys looked worn out and helpless and without even a second to spare, pushed TaeHyung towards JungKook and whispered to him to give it a shot. He was the only one left and in this case, probably the only one who could stop his brother.

Acting like nothing was wrong, TaeHyung approached his brother. JungKook at that point had not realized that TaeHyung was already home but when a warm touch contacted JungKook’s shoulder, he knew instantly that it was him. His crying stopped immediately as he calmed himself down and looked at his brother who had already settled on his bed next to him and told him about his day and the supper they had like nothing was wrong. The rest of the boys, TaeHyung included, heaved a sigh of relief.

JungKook examined TaeHyung closely, but TaeHyung tried to ignore his gaze. Noticing the bruises on his brother’s face, his breathing grew heavier and within seconds burst into tears again as he shook his head ferociously.

“Jungkook? JUNGKOOK!” TaeHyung finally screamed above his crying as he shook his brother’s shoulders helplessly after numerous attempts to stop him and finally, JungKook quietened down but tears still continued to flow from his eyes. TaeHyung paused for a moment as he tried to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter