-16-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It did not take great observance for Ha Yeon to notice that TaeHyung had puffier eye bags in the morning as she stood between Jimin and him as Mr Ahn lectured them for their punctuality. It was either like he cried or just haven’t slept at all. Based on her understanding of the tough TaeHyung she knew, she reckoned it was the latter.

“5 points.” Mr Ahn said sternly as he jotted it down in his old brown book while the boys groaned slightly.  “20 points in total for you two. Looks like it won’t be long before you two are out.” He teased slightly, his eyes filled with mock. It was almost like a routine for them so as always, they rolled their eyes and were about to walk away when Mr Ahn called TaeHyung back. Stuffing his book under his arms, he clasped his hands together and faced TaeHyung, “Will it be okay for you huh, Kim TaeHyung?”, sarcasm in his verbal expression.

TaeHyung scoffed. “Whatever.”

“So I guess it is okay if you let him down then? What was his name again? Jung… Jung Kook?”

TaeHyung and Jimin paused in their footsteps, TaeHyung’s fists curling into a ball. “Why are you bringing JungKook into this?” he spat back without even turning around. If it was anything TaeHyung hated, it was others using JungKook as his weakness.

HaYeon looked on with slight shock as anger was written all over TaeHyung’s face and if she could describe it, it was like knifes shooting out of TaeHyung’s eyes. She knew, he was THAT mad at Mr Ahn right now.

Subtly she backed further away from him as she avoided eye contact with him and just waited till he had said his piece.

Mr Ahn struck a relaxed pose, noticing TaeHyung reacting to his statement. “I just thought it wouldn’t be too nice to let him down because of your stupid attitude,” speaking some truth but nonetheless not dropping his mocking intentions.

TaeHyung resisted the urge to turn around and give him a good punch in his face and instead forced himself to relax. As much as he hated Mr Ahn, he knew he was right. He had to stay in school. If it were anything TaeHyung could do for JungKook it was just this. But his frustration did not vanish, especially by the fact that someone used JungKook’s name loosely against him.  “I will definitely stay in school.” He countered as he took a step to leave but stopping again. Looking over his shoulder, he shot Mr Ahn a stare, “And this is the last time I want to hear JungKook’s name coming out of your filthy mouth to threaten me again. Don’t make me despise you.” And with that, the trio left for class.

 

 

 

“I’m glad Mr Ahn finally gave up on detention.” Jimin laughed as the bell for lunch rang. Casually, the two strolled towards the cafeteria to grab some lunch but was stopped right as they joined the queue to collect their food.

“This,” HaYeon started as he held out her hand, in it a box of milk, “is for helping me the other day… Those girls… Thank you.”

TaeHyung looked down at the box of milk before looking back at HaYeon, not taking it yet.

“Yah…” Jimin nudged TaeHyung.

Elbowing Jimin back, he quickly took his hands of his pocket and extended it out to HaYeon, who in turn placed the milk in his hands and quickly tucked her hands behind her back.

“T-Ahem-Thanks.” TaeHyung coughed, slightly embarrassed from the stares he was getting from the people around him. In return, HaYeon just flashed him a shy smile and with the other hand, held a box of milk out to Jimin as well. TaeHyung shot HaYeon a look before commenting, “Yah! Why are you giving it to him too? He did not do anything.” 

HaYeon laughed slightly as Jimin received the milk and thanked her. “I was afraid he may get jealous.” She teased as Jimin lashed out in denial. Quickly, HaYeon added, “I was kidding. It’s because he smiles at me so much and it makes me happy,” as she headed for the end of the queue for her food before they could say anything.

 

 

The boys quickly grabbed their trays filled with food as they headed for an empty spot at the corner of cafeteria and hungrily dug into their food. “Finally they give us meat!” Jimin exclaimed excitedly as he stuf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter