Flat Bristles

The Unfinished Canvas.

Ha Na woke with a smile the next morning. Did she hear Dong Hae right? Had he said what she had been longing to hear? No. Probably not, I probably heard him wrong. She thought to herself over and over. Ha Na quickly grabbed her school outfit from her suitcase and changed. She headed out of the bedroom to greet Dong Hae, she still wasn't used to his new house. She wandered around opening doors that she came across taking a few quick glances in side. She hadn't seen Dong Hae, where was he?

"Dong Hae?" she called out. But, there was no reply. Where had he gone? She needed to get to school but, she still didn't know the way. She looked at the clock on his wall. 8:30. She was late! She quickly grabbed her bag and headed out of the door. Running down the street she looked for any place that might be familiar. She noticed a group of people huddled around a fire bin trying to keep warm. Would any of them know the way? Ha Na approached a fairly older lady with dirt marks across her cheeks.

"Excuse me, do you know how to get to Kirin Arts School from here. I'm new to the neighboorhood and can't seem to find my way." Ha Na asked. The lady slowly backed away and an older gentleman seeming to be in his 60's.

"Darling, you are heading the wrong direction. Turn around and take a straight path for about a mile then at the fork near the Noreabong take a right and follow that for about another mile." he said. Ha Na turned in a hurry and ran as fast as her feet would let her. But, she would never make it before the 2nd course. Where was Dong Hae, why did he leave without an explanantion? Ha Na kept asking herself when stopping to take a breath.